Home | Community | Message Board

Weed Seed Shop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepoopster
Stranger
can you be allergic to mushrooms
    #1262829 - 01/30/03 06:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I ate mushrooms for the second time the other day, and experiance extreem sickness during the trip. This happened the first time I triped as well, but due to pot and beer, I thought I was just got to drunk. This time how ever I was compleatly sober, and as hour or so into the trip started feeling very sick. The effects were very similar to the flue. Feverish effects, hot flashes. This lasted about two hours. And the worst part was I couldn't even sleep it off. My friend ate some mushrooms as well, and felt just fine. my question is, could I be allergic to the shrooms or is this a common occurance for some people which could somehow be avoided.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: can you be allergic to mushrooms [Re: poopster]
    #1262978 - 01/30/03 07:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Of course its possible for someone to be allergic to shrooms. However i have experienced hot flashes on shrooms as well. Could it be you experienced nausea and hot flashes and spooked yourself into thinking your sick and because of that you actually felt sick? Think about it cuz only u know.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
    #1264516 - 01/31/03 07:28 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i usually get hot as fuck when i shroom, and get a slight stomache ache, so you could be allergic or just feeling the fairly normal effects of mushrooms.

Offlinepoopster
Stranger
Re: can you be allergic to mushrooms [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1264839 - 01/31/03 09:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

to answer your question, No I don't think I spooked my self into thinking I was sick, becuase I felt mostly sober at this point. Also the entire next day I felt like shit, the lingering effects of the sickness from the night before. While I was feeling sick I drank some water and layed down that seem to help. But in all honesty I only ate a half a gram or so, not much at all. If anyone has any tips on what I should do next time or if I should even do a next time let me know. Thanx a lot for the replys.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1264922 - 01/31/03 09:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well, in order to know for sure heres wat i would do. Dont tell no body you plan on shrooming jus incase they try to influence u by sayin "dont u get sick form that shit?" or ne thing like that. So keep it to urself for this test. Next I would get an 1/8th of shrooms and if the person u get them from asks, jus casually talk about how ur not gonna do em yet, ur jus gonna sit on them till the time is right. Next wait till u feel real healthy and u dont have shit to do and life is good. Take the shrooms, kick back and chill and try to forget about ur past experiences on shrooms. Remember to pick an appropriate set and setting for ur trip. if u still think they make u sick, well ull jus have to find something else to trip off of.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it'sfun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1266098 - 01/31/03 04:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You can be allergic to mushrooms just like anything you might eat as food. Your symptoms don't sound like an allergic reaction, but there are a number of sensitivities with various medical names which often are described as food allergies by people.

Sensitivities to mushrooms typically follow within genus, so if your were sensitive to Agaricus bisporus (the common store button mushroom) then you are more likely to be sensitive to other Agaricus species, but are no more or less likely to be sensitive to Lentinus edodes (shiitake).

You need to decide for yourself how much you want to avoid the unpleasant symptoms you experience as opposed to the benefits you receive for eating a particular species of mushroom. If it just makes you feel mildly ill and it's no big deal then you can ignore it. If you have a full-on allergy and begin to show symptoms of anaphylactic shock, then you'd be an idiot to eat them and risk your life. Let common sense be your guide.

If a different species of mushroom is available, see if you have problems with it.

Whatever you decide, please don't do anything that might actually endanger your health.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflinePsilocybiK
Jack the Tripper
Loc: Hell
Re: can you be allergic to mushrooms [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1266168 - 01/31/03 05:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

makes sense. i think maybe all the hype and paranoia got to him and got into his mind and made him exaggerate what he is feeling. hell exaggeration is all a part of the trip as it is.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1267112 - 02/01/03 02:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i got a rash once from taking mushrooms. well, my friends told me i did... i couldnt see past the visuals. i saw like, worms, but not scary ones, crawling around inside of me, and stuff... whoa :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience