Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: NBA Playoffs... [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #12763964 - 06/18/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:
LiquidSmoke, you are a faggot. Without fans, their are no teams, their is no NBA and their would be no reason for these players to do all the hard work for US. When I say "we" i'm talking about LA. Did you hear how when they gave all of their victory speeches, they ALL thanked the fans. Way to try to damper an awesome feeling douche bag. I hope it makes you feel better about your virgin, 8000 pound, 20,000 post life (or attempt at a life) by trying to make people feel awful about something they are stoked about. FUCK YOU

Actually you've already proven you're a fair weather fan, because you stated earlier how the team's success was the only reason you started following them again.

I understand, people want to take credit for someone else's hard work so they can feel better about themselves.

Everyone wants to feel like a winner.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: NBA Playoffs... [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #12763981 - 06/18/10 02:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You are an idiot.

Arent you a Steeler's fan?

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: NBA Playoffs... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #12763995 - 06/18/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

not once do i ever take credit for their super bowl wins.

After 2008, you didn't see me making any posts or threads saying shit like "YEAH WE WON, THIS WAS THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT OF MY CAREER"

Why?  Because I know I'm just a fan, and nothing I do differently than any other fan of any other sports team somehow gave my team an edge to winning the championship.

People just want to feel like winners, they want to ride on the coat tails and glory of others.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12764033 - 06/18/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Never saying you did

I think you are reading too much into it. Fans arent literally taking credit for any of the work done. It is just a relieving feeling to win a professional sports title after being a diehard fan and suffering through the bad and the good.

Ever hear of home field advantage?

Idk, I am not sticking up for anyone in this argument, but I think it is stupid to rip on someone for saying "we" or "us".. I have been a fan of my teams for 14 years, longer than a lot of the current players on my teams have even been playing professional sports.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764076 - 06/18/10 02:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Never saying you did

I think you are reading too much into it. Fans arent literally taking credit for any of the work done. It is just a relieving feeling to win a professional sports title after being a diehard fan and suffering through the bad and the good.

Ever hear of home field advantage?

Did the Laker fans do anything differently than any of the other NBA team fans that gave the Lakers an edge to winning the championship?

I mean being a hardcore fan is fine.  But you have to understand something about Los Angeles Sports fans.

They're pretty much infamously known as being the most wagon-jumping, front-running fair-weather fans in the country.  Why do you think they lost BOTH their football franchises?  Because when shit went bad, people stopped going to games.

kissablemilklight fits the stereotype of a fair-weather fan, as he's already stated in another thread, that the reason he got into basketball was because his home team was doing well.

Basically, it's fair-weather fans celebrating the success of a team.  Kind of like rooting for the main character during a movie.

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12764091 - 06/18/10 02:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I get your beef, nothing pisses me off more than band wagoners

I thought your comment was in general one, not directed at anyone

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12764095 - 06/18/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Did the Laker fans do anything differently than any of the other NBA team fans that gave the Lakers an edge to winning the championship?

yeah, $100+ a ticket for nosebleeds. Id say that gave us the advantage to afford good players.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NBA Playoffs... [Re: danielx]
    #12764103 - 06/18/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

danielx said:
Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:

yeah, $100+ a ticket for nosebleeds. Id say that gave us the advantage to afford good players.

Not really since there is a salary cap

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764113 - 06/18/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i fucking HATE fair weather fans, with a deep deep passion.

I grew up in LA during the dark ages of the rams and raiders, and also during the struggles of Kurt Rambis.

And growing up in LA, you see the absolute WORST in fair weather fans.  In Los Angeles, people will only start wearing their sports gear when their teams are doing well.  For the most part.

Celebrities making cameo appearances when USC's in the championship game, when the Lakers or Dodgers are doing well...

But you won't see Kirsten Dunst waving at the camera in a USC T shirt when they're in a mediocre season struggling to make a bowl game.

It wasn't very long ago when most people in LA were ragging on Kobe and hoping they had kept Shaq instead.

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #12764115 - 06/18/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

For real. I paid 4 grand for two tickets during the conference finals and that was a good deal.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764133 - 06/18/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:

So, in the past year or so I got mad into basketball again. Started playing, watching and thinking about potentially coaching. This probably came because my home team, the fuckin LAKE SHOW, made it to the championship in 08, and won it in 09.

GO LAKE SHOW!

GO FAIR WEATHER!

--------------------

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

Loc: Pasadena, CA Flag
    #12764156 - 06/18/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

kissablemilklight said:

So, in the past year or so I got mad into basketball again. Started playing, watching and thinking about potentially coaching. This probably came because my home team, the fuckin LAKE SHOW, made it to the championship in 08, and won it in 09.

GO LAKE SHOW!

GO FAIR WEATHER!

You just wont give that up will you? You really have nothing better to do than try to show other how fair-weathered you believe me to be. I've explained numerous times in that post that it wasn't that Lakers losing that led me away from basketball, and it wasnt until I started hearing about them again that regained an interest. I stopped watching in 04 when the Lakers made the championship. I just didnt care about any sports at all through my early teens. Was too busy smoking nugz and droppin cid. Wasted time, probably. fun? yep. Regardless, you are a fucking douchebag who has nothing better to do than post on the shroomery while scarfing down twinkies and masturbating to how many posts he can tally

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12764191 - 06/18/10 03:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Not to gang up on you, but what made you become a Laker fan?  Seeing as you are from Oregon

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764249 - 06/18/10 03:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Isn't it obvious?

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12764252 - 06/18/10 03:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Isn't it obvious?

:shoosh:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764260 - 06/18/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Even the fact that he's getting super pissed when I call him out on being a front runner.  That's enough evidence right there.

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12764375 - 06/18/10 03:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12764394 - 06/18/10 03:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

chickee :grin:

--------------------

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

Loc: Pasadena, CA Flag
    #12764436 - 06/18/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Not to gang up on you, but what made you become a Laker fan?  Seeing as you are from Oregon

I'm livin in Oregon right now but I lived in LA for my entire life prior to this March. I got into basketball when I was 7, then became a Laker fan shortly thereafter. Like I said, at 14, I started schmokin nugz and lost interest in sports. Wasn't until the buzz around LA about the Lakers again started that I even thought about sports. Watched a few NBA games and remembered why I loved the game. Started playing again too. Gonna start assistant-teaching/coaching the basketball class at my community college as well. Should be fun

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12764604 - 06/18/10 04:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:
community college

well, that explains alot.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag