Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long)
    #12551052 - 05/12/10 09:10 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I smoked a huge hit and a half of some good bud a little while ago (about 45 min) and feel good and relaxed now. I'm watching T.V and feeling fine and into the show, and very mellow. But there was instanced thus far that made me too self reflective and introspection. I already forget some of them, but I began to worry about a very bad high I received after taking a tolerance break and then smoking too much on the first sitting. It wasn't bad, and I got over it fine, but the feeling lasted a few days, a sort of weird afterglow. It was just an extremely intense high where I realized the importance of humans, none, and the importance of me, none, and that we are a meaningless coincidence in the scheme of things. I mean, I always knew this to be the ultimate truth, per say, but I realized it in so much truth and depth that it frightened me. It was as if I was in a different mindset, that mindset. I felt as if I was nothing, my ego was dying, but it never actually died.
    I started thinking about things, and remembering, and then it felt as if it came back, but not really, I just remembered in my mind what it felt like more. Like the anxiety. But that was only one of the thoughts, it didn't consume me. I felt a general sense of unease but I was very introspective and self-reflective that it actually became too much. Well, not really too much, just uncomfortable. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else gets this now and then? Or a lot even. It's not anxiety or paranoia that ruins the entire high or anything, because I'm feeling pretty good now and am about to take a moderate hit. But it's just instances, usually, at least for me, not spread out but together and passing rather quick that occur now and then that are uncomfortable but easy to get through if you change what you're doing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSalviNate
RIP SD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12551062 - 05/12/10 09:12 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

no?:shrug: quite the opposite actually

--------------------
skippin school smokin weed u think its cool that was every day for me

Offlinedrewmandan
Stranger

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: SalviNate]
    #12551273 - 05/12/10 09:41 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I've had that. Have you ever done classical psychs, like psilocybin or LSD? I ask because prior exposure to those can make future cannabis highs much more psychedelic, and what you're describing sounds like something that would happen on shrooms.

Edited by drewmandan (05/12/10 09:42 PM)

Offlineevildee125
:inception:
Male User Gallery

Loc: fl
Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: drewmandan]
    #12551304 - 05/12/10 09:46 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drewmandan said:
Yes, I've had that. Have you ever done classical psychs, like psilocybin or LSD? I ask because prior exposure to those can make future cannabis highs much more psychedelic, and what you're describing sounds like something that would happen on shrooms.

this is the first thing that came to mind when i read the title...
op.. ever since my last really intense trip, i reconnect with some of the insights, visions and emotions i experienced that night... and it doesnt matter how much i smoke .. even the smallest amount does this... a blessing in disguise

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: evildee125]
    #12551420 - 05/12/10 09:59 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I don't want anyone to think I don't have great introspective moments and appreciate them. I love the introspective moments, but sometimes they come off too strong and make me nervous. And no, when I had a marijuana trip I had done nothing like shrooms or LSD. Totally from the marijuana...marijuana's a psychedelic you know!

OnlineSnotfish
Yule Cat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12551757 - 05/12/10 10:42 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

emerald... i literally know exactly what you are going through

i went through a huge phase were i only saw humans as another animal on this planet just living with no ultimate purpose. i had just a ton of revelations about life and for a week i remember it got to the point where it was seriously fucking with my head (the entire time i was smoking a lot of weed.) i would just sit on my couch and think i was going insane. at this point in my life i hadn't done any psychedelics, just weed.

in time this phase passed and now today i have done psychedelics quite a few times and smoke weed all the time without any of these problems. i feel like a very grounded person and have learned to live for myself and not for some "greater purpose" we are our own gods and our perceptions are our realities.

i think what you are going through is just part of life. realizing what existence is and coming to understand and accept it can be tough but i think people that go through this are just stronger people. marijuana definitely increases this because when high, your mind is more open and you see all sides of the story

--------------------

Offlineevildee125
Male User Gallery

#12552015 - 05/12/10 11:32 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

emeraldlife88 said:
I don't want anyone to think I don't have great introspective moments and appreciate them. I love the introspective moments, but sometimes they come off too strong and make me nervous. And no, when I had a marijuana trip I had done nothing like shrooms or LSD. Totally from the marijuana...marijuana's a psychedelic you know!

yeah sometimes it does come off a bit strong.. i know what you mean buddy.. you know i actually have tons of those moments sober.. seems to happen many times throughout the day.. i smoke pot maybe 1 or 2 times a weeks.. when i do, i reconnect on a stronger level.. and yes im aware of marijuana's psychedelic potential.. it seems to make one more receptive to the subtle universe... hope you  learn to love it op.. it can be quite nice, though sometimes overwhelming..

:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

Kaleidoscope said:

Edited by evildee125 (05/12/10 11:35 PM)

Offlineatom
Audiogeek

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: Snotfish]
    #12552033 - 05/12/10 11:35 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I abused cannabis for a few years and now I can't smoke it at all without being plunged into an almost paranoid psychosis. I feel every twinge and ache in my body, and am convinced that I am dying. Unfortunately, this now carries through to when I'm sober. No amount of medical imaging or bloodwork can convince me that I'm not dying.

Cannabis demands respect, it WILL fuck your shit up, IMHO.

--------------------
What do you want?

Offlineevildee125
Male User Gallery

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: atom]
    #12552054 - 05/12/10 11:39 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

atom said:
I abused cannabis for a few years and now I can't smoke it at all without being plunged into an almost paranoid psychosis. I feel every twinge and ache in my body, and am convinced that I am dying. Unfortunately, this now carries through to when I'm sober. No amount of medical imaging or bloodwork can convince me that I'm not dying.

of course youre dieing buddy...
been there on the paranoid thing.. i personally prefer sober nowadays.. i already feel myself sorta perma-trippin.... learn to live with it.. not against it.. once youve seen/experienced it there is no turning back man..

--------------------

Kaleidoscope said:

Edited by evildee125 (05/12/10 11:41 PM)

OfflineTheSpiderSilva
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: evildee125]
    #12552124 - 05/12/10 11:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I get that self-reflecting/anxiety feeling all the time after smoking a joint etc. I've actually learned to ignore it, and realize that I am just seriously OVER-ANALYZING everything in my life, and getting wayyy too serious about every little decision i make. But it always amazes me so much how quick your mind set COMPLETELY changes, after you sober up. I get a very bad case of the one track mind when i smoke. Where I just dig deeper and deeper and deeper into a thought, until it leads into a huge feeling of anxiety and guilt. Not all thoughts but self-reflecting one's .

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
~Terence McKenna

Offlineevildee125
Male User Gallery

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: TheSpiderSilva]
    #12552165 - 05/12/10 11:55 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

yes that also has been the case for me.. aside from the before mentioned experiences...  that part of over analyzing, guilt,anxiety headtrip sorta thing ive learned to "ignore" or work through as i like to think of it.....  but its a bigger part of why i dont smoke pot all that often.. i over think things i feel perfectly fine about while im sober..seems like a completely unnecessary condition

--------------------

Kaleidoscope said:

Edited by evildee125 (05/12/10 11:58 PM)

OfflineTheSpiderSilva
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
    #12552209 - 05/13/10 12:01 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evildee125 said:
yes that also has been the case for me.. aside from the before mentioned experiences...  that part of over analyzing, guilt,anxiety headtrip sorta thing ive learned to "ignore" or work through as i like to think of it.....  but its a bigger part of why i dont smoke pot all that often.. i over think things i feel perfectly fine about while im sober..seems like a completely unnecessary condition

Yea I know how you feel with the whole unnecessary condition kinda thing. Sometime I ask myself why even smoke at all if you feel so anxious the whole time.But that is just the flaw for me , I mean watching movies , playing games online , (watching UFC events! :laugh:) is so much more intense and fun stoned. So I dunno I look at it like a this for that kinda trade off :smile:

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
~Terence McKenna

Offlineatom
Audiogeek

#12552571 - 05/13/10 01:11 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evildee125 said:
Quote:

atom said:

of course youre dieing buddy...
been there on the paranoid thing.. i personally prefer sober nowadays.. i already feel myself sorta perma-trippin.... learn to live with it.. not against it.. once youve seen/experienced it there is no turning back man..

Yeah, this is an unfortunate conclusion that I came to a while ago. I no longer smoke cannabis, but as you said, there's no going back :[.

I do feel perma-fried, but not in the classic dribbling, incoherent kind of way >___>

--------------------
What do you want?

OfflineSalviNate
RIP SD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: atom]
    #12552787 - 05/13/10 01:53 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Jeez u guyz r depressing...:bigjoint::uhoh:

--------------------
skippin school smokin weed u think its cool that was every day for me

Offlineatom
Audiogeek

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: SalviNate]
    #12553355 - 05/13/10 03:55 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Lol, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a downer or anything. Cannabis just seems to agree with some people, and completely disagree with others :smile:

--------------------
What do you want?

Offlineevildee125
Male User Gallery

#12553937 - 05/13/10 09:18 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SalviNate said:
Jeez u guyz r depressing...:bigjoint::uhoh:

:lol:

--------------------

Kaleidoscope said:

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: evildee125] * 1
    #12557511 - 05/13/10 09:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all so much for sharing these stories because it defines exactly what I am going through. Ever since that intense experience I do feel changed. I don't suffer everyday because of it, but you just know it, like it's there, in the back of your head, this truth that doesn't agree with the society you live in. I mean I've gotten used to it and realized that I am the better for it, since I know more, but that my normal perceptions are true too, since what we see in front of us is actually occuring, we are seeing the truth too, just from a different place and mindset, and that's how it's supposed to be. But sometimes smoking makes that total truth feeling come back and it gets me all riled up. I still love smoking and not all highs are ruined. But I find the way I like to smoke is different. Smoking by myself is fun when I need to relax, taking a good hit is fine. But I am now more partial to social smoking with good friends so I can have great highs and be grounded. Can't be bad for me either. It's not a bad knowledge I don't think, just something you know that's a little above our normal mindset and that we have to put in its place and live with.

Offlinedointhangz
bird dog

#12557532 - 05/13/10 09:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I ALWAYS start thinking about how big the 'universe' is and how mindbogglingly infinite it is and how small we are and it literally just blows my mind. But I enjoy it :lol:

OfflinePsychedelicHamster
Stranger

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: dointhangz]
    #12558063 - 05/13/10 10:41 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ever since i have taken shrooms a few times, i get blown away by the life. just the concept of it, even when im sober. ill be sitting there doing nothing, than ill just think "holy shit. life is...redicilious" its a hard feeling to describe. never seems to bother me when im stoned though  :shrug:

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Self-reflection and introspection sometimes unsettling on Cannabis (a little long) [Re: PsychedelicHamster] * 1
    #12562957 - 05/14/10 06:27 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I took a cut down break this week, one hit a night. I usually pack full and take monster hits. Then last night I smoked a monster packing and put on Judas Priest and was literally lifted into that mindset but I felt so good and understood it and realized I cannot nor should I forget it, and that it's not that big of a deal to know it, and that you just need to put it in its place and live it. I feel great now. Thanks Mary!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience