Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejingus

Loc: Oregon, U.S. Flag
A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis * 1
    #12534082 - 05/09/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

so i knew this could happen, but i didn't think it would happen from my mushrooms...

apparently, seeing as he can eat store-bought mushrooms, anyone can have an allergic reaction to a new mushroom species they haven't tried.  so am i right to say that for someone who's only tried cubensis, they could eat some pan cyans and be allergic?

how often does this happen?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: jingus]
    #12534291 - 05/09/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

even if you have eaten/consumed something before it's entirely possible you'll randomly have a reaction.  If he had it once previously no reaction his body could have made antibodies and had a reaction the second time.

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelicHamster
Stranger

#12534295 - 05/09/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i dont think you can only be allergic to something once. your either allergic or not.

Offlinebbl337
 User Gallery

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: PsychedelicHamster]
    #12534323 - 05/09/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PsychedelicHamster said:
i dont think you can only be allergic to something once. your either allergic or not.

you can start out not allergic then become allergic.  I've seen it in many of my patients even myself.  Could take something a few times, even hundreds of times then your body decides it's bad and makes antibodies.  Take it again and bam, reaction.

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: bbl337]
    #12534364 - 05/09/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

interesting. makes sense.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineSnotfish
Striped
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12534367 - 05/09/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yep you are right. i found out i was allergic to kava kava after taking it like 5 times. then the last time i took it i got a full body rash it was amazing.

--------------------

Offlinejingus

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: Snotfish]
    #12534398 - 05/09/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i'm not talking about that though.

this guy had had DIFFERENT mushrooms before, like store-bought ones.  he tried cubensis for the first time and his liver failed, his eyes went jaundice, and he had stuff pumped in him at the ER.

what i'm saying, is say i have a bunch of friends that have eaten cubes before, what are the chances they will be allergic to panaeolus cyanescens (different species of hallucinogenic mushroom)

or how many people are allergic to cubensis their first time?

how big of a chance is there that you would be allergic to cubensis and not panaeolus (copelandia) genus, or visa versa.

--------------------

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
    #12534433 - 05/09/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'd suggest your friend doesn't try it again.
If he can eat the store bought ones, but has an allergic response to cubensis, i'd say he probably has a higher risk of having an allergic response to other halluciongenic mushrooms too, but i'm no doctor.

It's not unheard of for people to become allergic to things they've eaten their whole lives.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinejingus

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: Kanker]
    #12534453 - 05/09/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

all i really want to know, is

How often does this happen for first-time trippers?

would it be wise to carry an epi-pen adrenaline shot just in case, with first time trippers?

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelicHamster
Stranger

#12534468 - 05/09/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jingus said:
i'm not talking about that though.

this guy had had DIFFERENT mushrooms before, like store-bought ones.  he tried cubensis for the first time and his liver failed, his eyes went jaundice, and he had stuff pumped in him at the ER.

what i'm saying, is say i have a bunch of friends that have eaten cubes before, what are the chances they will be allergic to panaeolus cyanescens (different species of hallucinogenic mushroom)

or how many people are allergic to cubensis their first time?

how big of a chance is there that you would be allergic to cubensis and not panaeolus (copelandia) genus, or visa versa.

Theres really no way for us to tell you if your friends are going to be allergic to something or not. If they were allergic to cubes, there chances might be higher at being allergic to the panaelous cyanescens, but the only way your going to know is asking a doctor, or going for it and seeing what happens.

to answer your previous question, i have never heard of this happening before.

Edited by PsychedelicHamster (05/09/10 10:15 PM)

Offlinebbl337
 User Gallery

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: PsychedelicHamster]
    #12534597 - 05/09/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

jaundice/liver failure is not consistent, what-so-ever with anaphylactic shock.  In fact, nothing shock related to your liver shutting down.

To quote wikipedia (hey,gotta show refs.)

"Anaphylactic shock is anaphylaxis associated with systemic vasodilation which results in low blood pressure. It is also associated with severe bronchoconstriction to the point where the individual is unable to breathe."

Histamine will not cause liver failure as far as I know, and I've read quite a bit about it.

--------------------

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
    #12534689 - 05/09/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

seeing as we don't even know what triggered the reaction, it may not even be cubes at all.
I'd suggest you find out what caused the reaction, then it would be a lot easier to tell you the chances of someone randomly experiencing similar problems.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinejingus

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: Kanker]
    #12534771 - 05/09/10 11:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bbl337 said:
jaundice/liver failure is not consistent, what-so-ever with anaphylactic shock.  In fact, nothing shock related to your liver shutting down.

To quote wikipedia (hey,gotta show refs.)

"Anaphylactic shock is anaphylaxis associated with systemic vasodilation which results in low blood pressure. It is also associated with severe bronchoconstriction to the point where the individual is unable to breathe."

Histamine will not cause liver failure as far as I know, and I've read quite a bit about it.

His body ingested a poison that he was allergic to.  That triggered the shock.  seems pretty reasonable to me

and
Quote:

Kanker said:
seeing as we don't even know what triggered the reaction, it may not even be cubes at all.
I'd suggest you find out what caused the reaction, then it would be a lot easier to tell you the chances of someone randomly experiencing similar problems.

it was a guy that never ate any psychedelic mushroom, ate some cubensis, and had an allergic reaction.  pretty sure we isolated the problem 

:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#12534855 - 05/09/10 11:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hello its a different species. thats like saying that well someone not allergic to carrots Family: Apiaceae shouldnt have an allergy to Family: ivy Araliaceae cause their both plants in the same order

one is Family: Strophariaceae cubes the other Family: Agaricaceae common store edible button and meadow mushroom

any who pans cyan are Family: Bolbitiaceae also obviously a different genus says species is rather ignorant to taxonomy when thats what your mainly talking abot

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (05/09/10 11:34 PM)

Offlinejingus

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: thedudenj]
    #12535022 - 05/10/10 12:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

but i'm talking about different species specifically.  Pan. cyan, pan. cambo., pan. bisporus. ps. cubensis, ps. azure....  anything.

i'm just curious how many people have been reportedly allergic to mushrooms, and if so... any types specifically?    these panaeolus bisporus i have here haven't been tried by too many humans...  who knows?

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#12535153 - 05/10/10 12:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

he could also just be allergic to psilocybin some ppl get seizures from it tho jaundice is a really weird symptom. azures can give ppl horrible muscle cramps but yeah the point im making is edible mushrooms vs is a huge difference it being a difference species like P azure and P cube is a drastically smaller difference. P cyan pan cambo and pan biporus are all the same genus and family so the difference is huge between them and P cyan or p. cube its the point im making  if his allergy is to the psilocbin then clearly he will have another bad reaction, but any who your better off giving him a pan then another Psilocybe cause its a different family

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinebbl337
 User Gallery

Re: A friend recently went into anaphylactic shock from cubensis [Re: thedudenj]
    #12537252 - 05/10/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LIVER FAILURE is not from allergies.  And, who said it was a poison?  Unless you somehow managed to get a weird indole into your substrate that the mycellum played around with via mushroom metabolism to make a super duper liver killer, it wasn't a poison (assuming you didn't really fuck up)

--------------------

Offlinejingus

#12537350 - 05/10/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

cubensis are poisonous, or toxic mushrooms.

and whatever, i'm not going to argue details... you get the point

--------------------

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
    #12537403 - 05/10/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jingus said:

:facepalm:

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12537459 - 05/10/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jingus said:

:orly:

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale