Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSerpico
Stranger
OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea?
    #12524063 - 05/07/10 09:53 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I have a bag of mushrooms (mostly stems and a few caps) that I found from the Fall. Its about 2.0 grams of mushrooms. I tripped on the same mushrooms about 5 months ago, and had a pretty good trip. Now I am wondering if they are too old to consume? 

They have a very slight black/bluish color at some spots, but not too much. They are pretty dry and snap well. Im new to mushrooms, so cant really tell if they smell different from what is normal, or if this type of coloration in small amount is relatively normal.

Someone told me old mushrooms are dangerous to consume, so I am trying to be cautious and ask for advice. I know the shrooms were good before, so if it is mold, should I throw them out? Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I store in paper? Should I make tea?

I am tripping alone in a very safe environment if I choose to eat these. Otherwise I'm throwing them to the soil. 

Thanks for your help!
Ill be around.

-Serpico

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea? [Re: Serpico]
    #12525797 - 05/08/10 05:12 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

In what conditions were the shrooms stored? Bluish can be bruising.

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Offlinewake.lift
sentient one
Re: OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea? [Re: dstark]
    #12527468 - 05/08/10 04:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

They sound like they're alright. The black/bluish colour is caused by psilocybin which happens when the mushroom bruises. Just make sure that if you are storing them to keep them in a cool dry place.

Offlineserenitychaos7
Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea? [Re: wake.lift]
    #12527484 - 05/08/10 04:26 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Happy Tripping :laugh:

--------------------
We Must Confront What Our Deepest Fears Have Presented Us.

Offlinedesrione
Stranger

Re: OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea? [Re: Serpico]
    #14971656 - 08/24/11 05:55 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

shroom shake (not quite powdered) was recently discovered lying around, sealed in 2 bags, inside a metal box, i have had them in my possession since christmas 2010 so they are at least 8 months old with suspicion of the product being an extra 2 or 3 months old. I believe they were properly dried and there is no dampness in the bag would it be safe to make tea? a response would be greatly appreciated. very new to forums so if anythings wrong let me know.

OfflineAesthetic
Thizzin as Always.
Male

Loc: Mountains
Re: OLD SHROOMS: Should I cut off the mold and eat them? Should I make tea? [Re: desrione]
    #14978399 - 08/25/11 09:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

desrione said:
shroom shake (not quite powdered) was recently discovered lying around, sealed in 2 bags, inside a metal box, i have had them in my possession since christmas 2010 so they are at least 8 months old with suspicion of the product being an extra 2 or 3 months old. I believe they were properly dried and there is no dampness in the bag would it be safe to make tea? a response would be greatly appreciated. very new to forums so if anythings wrong let me know.

Do not reply with questions, post you own. Thanks!

And serpico, the bluish black is the result of psilocybin/psilocin and if you think about it, Mushrooms are mold! So have fun trippin nuts :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum