Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy * 5
    #12506186 - 05/04/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Here's the simple tek as set forth by Entropymancer over at the Nexus, enhanced with pictures for clarity.  Enjoy.

Rationale:  The fumarate salt of DMT is:
1) Most stable salt of DMT currently known
2) water soluble
3) the preferred salt for oral ingestion.

Materials:

1)  Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulfate - MgSO4)
2)  Fumaric Acid
3)  Two jars with lids
4)  DMT freebase
5)  Acetone

Step 1:  Too easy to illustrate.  Bake 100 grams of Epsom salts in oven at 400 degrees for 2 hours.  This drives off all the water molecules.  One molecule of MgSO4 is capable of binding 7 molecules of water.  Allow to cool.

Step 2:  Add 100 grams of dried MgSO4 to NEW can of acetone.  Use a funnel.  Re-cap and shake for a few moments.  Set aside for a day to allow MgSO4 to settle to bottom.  You now have ANHYDROUS ACETONE.

Step 3:  Pipette off 50cc of acetone for each gram of freebase you plan on converting to into the fumarate salt.  Here's one gram next to 50cc's of anhydrous acetone.

Step 4:  Add freebase to acetone.  It dissolves instantly.

Step 5:  For each gram of freebase, dissolve 310mg of Fumaric Acid into a second, separate jar of 50cc's of anhydrous acetone.  Its quite difficult to get it to dissolve.  Swirl until gone.  You now have a Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone or "FASA".

Step 6:  Pour the FASA into the jar containing the freebase/acetone.  Why??  If you spill something, let it be the FASA and not your spice!!!  Instantly cloudiness will appear.  Why??  Because DMT freebase is easily soluble in acetone, but the DMT Fumarate is NOT AT ALL, so it crashes out with 100% recovery.

Step 7:  Allow crystals to settle.  If you did it right, it'll look like this, shards of crystal glass:

Step 8:  Carefully pour off the acetone and it will look like this.  Allow to dry and you are done.

Best,

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (05/04/10 07:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: Nature Boy]
    #12506216 - 05/04/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.

--------------------

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: skullhuman]
    #12506347 - 05/04/10 05:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

NB your the manboy!

another great tek!
:awecid:

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: CamKron]
    #12506456 - 05/04/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CamKron said:
NB your the manboy!

another great tek!
:awecid:

Thanks for the accolades, but they really don't belong to me.  Entropymancer and others over at the DMT Nexus are the real brains.  My purpose in creating the above pictorial was to insure that the information on converting the freebase to the fumarate salt is "redundant" and therefore  continues to be available in the even one site or the other gets shut down.

Dunno if it is a "great" tek, but I certainly would describe it as simple, cheap and useful!

Best always,

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineFUTURIST
In another land...
Male

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: Nature Boy]
    #12506492 - 05/04/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What is this for?

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: FUTURIST]
    #12506511 - 05/04/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FUTURIST said:
What is this for?

1)  Storing excess DMT for a lengthy period of time with no degradation in potency.

2)  Converting freebase to a salt of DMT for routes of administration OTHER than smoking... ex:  oral, rectal.

3)  Fun.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

#12506761 - 05/04/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Nicely illustrated, N.B.! Props to Entropymancer on the original tek as well.

--------------------

Offlinethecbc
Stranger in this land
Male User Gallery

Loc: lovely kansas city
    #12506780 - 05/04/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Step 5:  For each gram of freebase, dissolve 310mg of Fumaric Acid into a second, separate jar of anhydrous acetone.  Its quite difficult to get it to dissolve.  Swirl until gone.  You now have a Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone or "FASA".

in this step do you use the same amount of acetone as the other jar?

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."
-Jerry Garcia

Offlinefear.loathingSF
one toke over the line
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #12506871 - 05/04/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

FUTURIST said:
What is this for?

1)  Storing excess DMT for a lengthy period of time with no degradation in potency.

2)  Converting freebase to a salt of DMT for routes of administration OTHER than smoking... ex:  oral, rectal.

3)  Fun.

N.B.

How stable is the freebase?  After extracting, how long is it good for?  Could it degrade into potentially toxic compounds?

I don't think anyone has definite answers to these questions, but I would like to hear your thoughts... Thanks! :deemsters:

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #12506897 - 05/04/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fear.loathingSF said:
I don't think anyone has definite answers to these questions

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: thecbc]
    #12506989 - 05/04/10 07:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thecbc said:
Step 5:  For each gram of freebase, dissolve 310mg of Fumaric Acid into a second, separate jar of anhydrous acetone.  Its quite difficult to get it to dissolve.  Swirl until gone.  You now have a Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone or "FASA".

in this step do you use the same amount of acetone as the other jar?

Yes.  50cc's if your converting one gram.  Proportionately less or more if you are doing less or more freebase.

For example, if you were starting out with only .825grams of DMT (825mg) freebase, you would use 41cc of anhydrous acetone and 255mg of Fumaric acid.

How did I figure that out?  Simple.  .825mg  X 50 = 41.25cc of acetone and for the Fumaric Acid, 310mg X .825 = 255mg, which should also go into 41cc's of acetone to keep the solution saturated.  Easy, really.  Just use a 20cc syringe to measure the fluid volume, and a decent scale to weight the powders.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #12507005 - 05/04/10 07:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fear.loathingSF said:

How stable is the freebase?  After extracting, how long is it good for?  Could it degrade into potentially toxic compounds?

Actually, it is very stable.  Closed bottle, cool storage, should be good for YEARS.  No...no toxic compounds reported!!

N.B.

--------------------

Offlinefear.loathingSF
one toke over the line
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #12507023 - 05/04/10 07:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have enough to last for years so I guess there is nothing to worry about; Thanks again NB!

OfflineFUTURIST
In another land...
Male

#12507055 - 05/04/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh cool... thanks.

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12507485 - 05/04/10 08:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

is fumarate just as good to smoke as freebase? Does it change the weight of the material?

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: danielx]
    #12517872 - 05/06/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think the fumarate salt is smokeable...but I have no first-hand experience or direct confirmation one way or the other.  Sorry.  It can be taken orally w/ MAOI, or nasally, or rectally alone.

Not sure what you mean by your weight-related question.  Are you asking if you consider the increased weight of the fumarate molecule over the straight freebase when calculating dosage??

The answer to that probably should be "no", since the fumarate eventually delivers substantially the same amount of drug.  Too small a difference to quibble over, I would think.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflinephxBoomer
Psychedelic Scientist
Male User Gallery

#12517998 - 05/06/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What is snorted DMT like?  I cant imagine how that would be good...

Offlinethecbc
Stranger in this land
Male User Gallery

Loc: lovely kansas city
Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: phxBoomer]
    #12518606 - 05/06/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

are the dosages the same? freebase vs fumarate?

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."
-Jerry Garcia

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy [Re: phxBoomer]
    #12518640 - 05/06/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

phxBoomer said:

Supposedly burns like a bitch...even the fumarate.  Have no first-hand experience.  My purpose in doing the conversion is oral administration with an MAOI as a "pharmahuasca-style" concoction.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflinephxBoomer
Psychedelic Scientist
Male User Gallery

#12518862 - 05/06/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

phxBoomer said:

Supposedly burns like a bitch...even the fumarate.  Have no first-hand experience.  My purpose in doing the conversion is oral administration with an MAOI as a "pharmahuasca-style" concoction.

N.B.

I was under the assumption that pharmahuasca used freebase taken with an MAOI...is this wrong?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale