Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect?
    #12495645 - 05/02/10 08:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm wondering what sort of "trip" DXM is according to the shroomery? I've been reading Erowid vaults and some other sites, and apparently 3rd or 4th "plateau" can be as powerful or more powerful than LSD?

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlgolagniac
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: circastes]
    #12495692 - 05/02/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've gone to second plateau ~3 times and third plateau 1 time. It is not very easy to describe DXM. When i think of it as a color, i think of black. During the second plateau, which is where you will go if you consume 300mg and you are of average weight, I felt my body solidify as i laid down. It felt like i was shrinking, and becoming something other than human. There was also a gentle but rapid rocking sensation, similar to a hammock, along with a spinning sensation.

DXM is a dissociative. It makes you not want to move.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not good for my body so I have stopped. I suggest doing this at night somewhere warm and comfortable if you are going to do it.

Edited by Algolagniac (05/02/10 08:28 PM)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: Algolagniac]
    #12495698 - 05/02/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's crazy. The visuals are fucking absurd. you have to smoke weed an hour after ingestion. That shit just blasts you off. I was building empires and watching them fall. A very fun drug :thumbup:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineGordy
livin' the dream
Male User Gallery

Loc: kuiper belt Flag
    #12495701 - 05/02/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i wouldn't compare DXM to LSD. if anything its more like ketamine, as they are both quite dissociative. 300mg should get you pretty rocked if its your first time. if you like gettin whacked out of your skull and lack motor skills(aka the robo-shuffle) dxm is right up your alley!

--------------------

Invisiblerobbyr727
I'm a teapot
Loc: fake island
    #12495740 - 05/02/10 08:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

well unfortunatly i have a strong history with triple c's and what not and the whole dxm experience, the general things you can expect is alot muscle tension (jaw clenching, wide eyes, stiff robotic walking) the way this stuff plays with your brain is kinda odd, i dont normally hallucinate unless i take alot more then normal, 700- 1200 mg's, but alot of the time at these heavier doses i dont experience EVERY bit of the trip, like for instance last friday i took 2 boxes of triple c's 960 mg and all i remember is laying on my sisters bed and for some reason it felt like i was laying on a train station platform that stretched for miles and then i remeber my sisters waking me up and asking me if i was ok, and it was like seeing them out of a fishbowl filled with water, as their voice echoed at me, its really hard for me to tell you exactly whats its like, just gulp what ever you got down and sit back and let it hit you, oh oh oh and when your tripping go look at your self in the mirror, hahah you dont look like yourself. well sorry i couldent be 100 % but if i were to rate the dxm trip id say 3.5/5

--------------------
A man once said to a dervish "Why do I not see you more often?" The dervish replied "Because the words 'why have you not seen me more often?' are sweeter to my ear than the words 'why have you come again?'"

-Mulla Jami, Idries Shah's caravan of dreams, 1968

OfflineBoba JFET
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nebraska Flag
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: robbyr727]
    #12496385 - 05/02/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just to offer a different opinion, I fucking hated the shit. Total clenched jaw, no motor control, no hallucinations or OEVs/CEVs beyond a general overwhelming swirliness to everything, and a massive feeling of lethargy, anxiety, and confusion all at once. Highly unpleasant and not the least bit enlightening.

But some people love it, so what the hell. Try it once. Just try and figure out a way to take just DXM that isn't mixed with all the weird shit they mix most of the OTCs with.

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: Boba JFET]
    #12496439 - 05/02/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

dude it's awesome,

it seems either ppl love it or hate it, it's awesome tho, i get CEV's and it feels good, :feelsgoodman:

u cant compare it to acid or other thangs like that, it's just good in it's own way, but it's :awebig:

it's a lot different from many thangs, thats what makes it so :awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#12496590 - 05/02/10 11:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I have never gotten even the slightest jaw clenching. Other than nausea and a little anxiety during the come up, Ive experienced nothing but good things from it. Your mileage may vary.

--------------------

InvisibleJanamil

Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: Moo456]
    #12496768 - 05/02/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

dude, DXM depends greatly on individuals more so then other psychedelics. Its based on brain chemistry and liver enzymes. Just try 300mg to see whatll happen, there's really no danger with 300mg. I did 400mg my first time and it was the strongest experience I have ever felt, to this day. Except for some really high dose mushroom trips. Really though, if you dont like 300mg very much but didnt have a horrible time you should jump to 600-700mg and try third plat. Third plat is fucking amazing. Much more phychedelic then second plat. You dont get more drunk, you get more mentally stimulated and start hallucinating more. I love watching the TV show house on third/high third/low fourth. Makes the camera angles very strange. You enter the show, ect. Also playing games is good fun on it too, except with some games when you die your like "OMFFGGD?F?Dgxc" because.. well you just died and your trying to figure out why your existence didnt just dissipate.

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: Janamil]
    #12497163 - 05/03/10 01:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

First of all, you should smoke weed before you start chugging, right after you're done chugging, when you're coming up, and _STOP_ as soon as you're actually tripping.
Otherwise heart rate will go sky-high and you're likely to panic (you already are from all that previous weed, but if you don't do it you're probably going to puke [you're probably going to puke anyways])

The best way I can describe the DXM experience is as follows;
When I finally am actually tripping I feel as though everything in front of me exists and whatever I can't see is just a completely black void that's sucking everything away as hard as it can through my brain and into infinity
This scares the shit out of me and makes me think I'm dying

The easiest way to stay on track is with music, but all music can only be described as fucking sinister
If you don't stay on track you're most likely going to spend the next several hours floating through memories in your brain and living through them in completely different ways than you actually did. It'll "all make sense" for a while as you re-integrate your past experiences into what you would have done if *you now* were there back then
Then it'll "all make too much fucking sense" and any number of things can happen from assuming that the apocalypse is happening at this moment and you're undergoing revelation, to worm-holing and/or butterfly-effecting to a moment in your life that happened months or even years ago (depending on how much time you've spent in the room you're tripping in)

Then you will vomit. Hard.

From then on you'll have one of the best nights of your life.

If this sounds like fun to you, yeah. You should totally do it.

Janamil, it's funny that you mention enzymes but then go on to say that there's nothing dangerous about 300mg.

To some one with an enzyme deficiency that would be really, really dangerous

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Edited by LSDXM (05/03/10 01:28 AM)

Offlinetarponio
Loves rain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Floating around
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: LSDXM]
    #12497337 - 05/03/10 02:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Take benedryl

OfflineEtherealslimshady
almost there
Male User Gallery

Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: tarponio] * 1
    #12497343 - 05/03/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've seen a couple people freak out their first time on that much DXM.  One threw up, the other just flipped and had to be driven home.  I also have a roommate who took more than that his first time and did not feel anything.  Since it affects everyone differently, I would recommend a lower dose for your first time.

--------------------
All posts I make are completely fictional.

OfflineMiHKAL
Closet Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan, United States
    #12497345 - 05/03/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have not used DXM in a while, but I definitely enjoy it. That being said, I was only able to drink the syrup a few times before I started extracting it (I'm not a big fan of the whole "purging" thing).

At 300mg, the first effect that usually hits me is the loss of balance / drunk feeling. Your muscles will probably tense up a bit, which makes you "robo-walk" (you'll know what I'm talking about if you end up doing this). Your vision may start "strobing". You MAY experience some very weak OEVs, but most likely you will only get CEVs at this level. The visuals are NOTHING like LSD, so do not expect that. Music generally sounds very distant and metallic, although this doesn't necessarily mean that you won't enjoy it (I almost always listened to music while I tripped). I recommend simply lying down on your bed, curling up in a ball and going with the flow. Many people report being able to control their CEVs and experiencing very irregular (but seemingly normal) thought processes. It isn't really like the "hypercognition" effect brought about by acid, but more like a dissolution of the bonds between cause and effect. Overall, the headspace is very unique. I always would lose track of my body and feel like I was either the size of a tiny particle or the size of the universe.

Just in case you haven't read the DXM FAQ on Erowid, it is the single best source of information on this drug, how it exhibits it's effects, the differences between all of the plateaus, etc.

Enjoy!  :faded:

--------------------
MiHKAL
Mushrooms I Have Known And Loved

[ My Last.fm Profile ]

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#12497367 - 05/03/10 02:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, well I dosed the 300mg, all alone and without any adulterants (I was away from this thread after I posted, gg). My experience was:

-Euphoria/big positive mood lift
-Very, VERY drunk feeling
-Uncoordinated movements
-Bit of muscle tremor
-Psychedelic headspace
-Bit of that "oneness" feeling

I think I need to double the dose next time.

Thanks for all the info. :thumbup:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #12500210 - 05/03/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Okay, well I dosed the 300mg, all alone and without any adulterants (I was away from this thread after I posted, gg). My experience was:

-Euphoria/big positive mood lift
-Very, VERY drunk feeling
-Uncoordinated movements
-Bit of muscle tremor
-Psychedelic headspace
-Bit of that "oneness" feeling

I think I need to double the dose next time.

Thanks for all the info. :thumbup:

Be careful as the dose raises, the experience changes.
What you experienced at 300 mg is nothing like 700.

It gets INTENSE. But I hope you enjoy it!

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: Thisfire] * 1
    #12500255 - 05/03/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

300mg is a good beginner dose.

Shit starts getting crazy around 700mg. Out of body experiences, traveling to other dimensions, shitting your bed, etc...

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: appleorange]
    #12500820 - 05/03/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

haha sounds good. :vaped:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleJanamil

#12500854 - 05/03/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Krash Kharma said:
First of all, you should smoke weed before you start chugging, right after you're done chugging, when you're coming up, and _STOP_ as soon as you're actually tripping.
Otherwise heart rate will go sky-high and you're likely to panic (you already are from all that previous weed, but if you don't do it you're probably going to puke [you're probably going to puke anyways])

The best way I can describe the DXM experience is as follows;
When I finally am actually tripping I feel as though everything in front of me exists and whatever I can't see is just a completely black void that's sucking everything away as hard as it can through my brain and into infinity
This scares the shit out of me and makes me think I'm dying

The easiest way to stay on track is with music, but all music can only be described as fucking sinister
If you don't stay on track you're most likely going to spend the next several hours floating through memories in your brain and living through them in completely different ways than you actually did. It'll "all make sense" for a while as you re-integrate your past experiences into what you would have done if *you now* were there back then
Then it'll "all make too much fucking sense" and any number of things can happen from assuming that the apocalypse is happening at this moment and you're undergoing revelation, to worm-holing and/or butterfly-effecting to a moment in your life that happened months or even years ago (depending on how much time you've spent in the room you're tripping in)

Then you will vomit. Hard.

From then on you'll have one of the best nights of your life.

If this sounds like fun to you, yeah. You should totally do it.

Janamil, it's funny that you mention enzymes but then go on to say that there's nothing dangerous about 300mg.

To some one with an enzyme deficiency that would be really, really dangerous

Okay. Yeah I said to try 300mg, yes some people have CYP2D6 deficiencies and CYP3A-3A4 deficiencies but still 300mg is a perfect dose. Even if you literally cannot metabolize DXM into DXO, you wont have to much of a problem. Ive inhibited my CYP2D6 to the point of getting pure DXM into my blood like the people with CYP2D6 deficiency and it proved.. pretty fucking weird to be honest, much more psychedelic and this was on 400mg but it was no were near a bad trip or a bad breaking point. 300mg is a safe way to start, even with deficiency.

It would not be "really, really dangerous" Maybe as dangerous a semi-mild bad trip on mushrooms but that's it. Also all your doing is describing how DXM effects you. It is much different with everyone, some people puke, some people can feel horrible while some people feel amazing. It is very entirely based upon your brain chemistry, and your liver.

This is going to sound alittle arrogant but just please dont correct me when it comes to DXM. Im probably one of the most knowledgeable, if not the most knowledgeable person about DXM on this forum. I have a CYP3A problem so DXO lasts about a week in my system, and during that off-weak I would just research on DXM to try and figure out more about it.. how to increase metabolism and why it does this to me. I found almost everything about this drug, experiences, other peoples research and so forth. Sadly I never found a way to metabolize it faster other then taking some enzyme inducers that take weeks to do and add very little to the metabolism. The only thing I found that somewhat helps with my problem is saint johns wart, and taking it in conjunction with DXM causes MASS stimulation.. just the fucking twitches, its so horrible for me. Probably has to do with the slight MOAI in sait johns, or the SSRI in it. All in all, Ive learned almost everything about DXM and have done my own experiments with the drug many, many times and I have learned things that I wish I could put on the FAQ on erowid but it seems that the guy that wrote it does not edit it anymore.

to the OP, Try 700mg. That should be around two bottles of robo, or try and get 2.5 of robo gels. 700mg Will be VERY intense, you can also try and double dosing. Take half then another half later. That will cause more "psychedelic" feelings, other then more drunk feelings. It has to do with the DXM to DXO ratio. It makes the trip different, if you dont get enough psychedelic parts of the trip you might want to try it. Once you start feeling the first dose, wait until abit before the peak and then take the second. You will definitely enjoy it, unless you dont want to go into more of the psychedelic part. If thats the case stick to 300-400mg

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #12500871 - 05/03/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The visuals and how much they can be influenced by conscious thought with DXM are unrivaled except by maybe Ketamine, not sure about PCP.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: 300mg DXM, should I? What can I expect? [Re: twighead]
    #12501325 - 05/03/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Would anyone else here agree with me that you run the risk of choking on your own vomit on higher doses?

DXM makes you very nauseuous and that combined with the inability to move your body sounds like a recipe for Jimi Hendrix style.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds