Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: lIXII]
    #12415240 - 04/18/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes Breath might control the ph in the blood, but you are also activating the nervous system. Not from just breath oxygen but with that and mental, physical intent.

If you do not understand the safety percausions, and understand what you are doing to your body, and understand the chakra theory and understand what you need to do if you have problems, then you are ignorantly practicing and CAN, end up with problems.

Read Gopi Krishna's book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #12415282 - 04/18/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lIXII said:

I am doing even more hard physical labor than usual this year, getting a 150 years since the last cultivation, farm off the ground (with only hand tools!). My body is getting very strong, but I have bad low back nerve pain from it. I am constantly doing natural stretches, I am a master of herbs & diet, but the damage is still moving faster than the therapy! Tips? Yoga super-charge?

Also, about Sanskrit pronunciation to yogabunny: perhaps you additionally have some indo-european blood. The I-E people were extremely nomadic (read gypsies). I also naturally pronounce Sanskrit well, as I grew up with Lithuanian, which along with Latvian & Sanskrit, are the only remaining ancient indo-european languages. Ancestors migrated from India to Europe!

do you have sciatica?

explain the pain to me, when it hurts, and what type, and i will recommend a sequence for you.  i recently taught a workshop on yoga for scoliosis, and one of my students is seeing huge results from practicing my sequence every day!

that's really interesting about the possibility of indo-european blood.  most of my ancestors euro ancestors came from the UK, but perhaps farther back than what i am aware of.  i am totally a gypsy though.  :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: yogabunny]
    #12415288 - 04/18/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

gypsies!

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: deCypher]
    #12415303 - 04/18/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My germanness disallows me from speaking any kind of Sanskrit, Spanish or Native tongue.

InvisiblelIXII
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Ol cane hills
Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12415787 - 04/18/10 03:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

P4ksoul:

"Breath might control the ph in the blood, but you are also activating the nervous system. Not from just breath oxygen but with that and mental, physical intent. If you do not understand the safety percausions, and understand what you are doing to your body, and understand the chakra theory and understand what you need to do if you have problems, then you are ignorantly practicing and CAN, end up with problems. Read Gopi Krishna's book."

Not sure if you're using the depersonalized 'you' here, but I am quite adept in the long-term practice of wholistic human mystery traverse & bodily reality systems. I actually see the world elementally (I liked your description of the need to move 'heat'), I cite the scientific data because it is the modern standard & is simply an alternative analogy / descriptor of the same precise phenomena that could be equally described elementally. Ph is scientifically the most primal major instigator of change in the nervous system, relative to any breath, postural or otherwise mentated effector of the CNS, it is change in relative gas & mineral exchange, moderated by ionic concentration that shifts CNS response. I am much more partial to the alchemical analogy, but will spare you all.

Will that book be instructive to yoga postures for nervous ganglia regeneration?

yogabunny:

I do have a mild impingement of the sciatic nerve (structural, from a past injury), but I don't feel the effects of it anymore due to remediation (I am also an lmp & do self massage for that), this is different. I think it may be on a genetic / spinal structure level (I am working with it on this level in deep meditation, where I have alleviated other "genetic" pathologies).

The cluster of origin for the pain is from my coccyx to my 5th lumbar vertebra, all posterior, with variable trigger points depending on my bodily position. Major nerve pain travels from the sacrum up my spine (erector spinae group), in a circuit around my sacrum, and to my iliac region (superior, posterior (top, back) gluteal muscles). Mostly, just a nerve pain at my sacrum when I deviate from standing-straight up & down, aka anatomical position.. A buzzing, tingling, piercing nerve pain (feels like an impingement, but I've really worked those muscle groups with no success.. it's a hard spot to reach though & thus the yoga thoughts).

I tend towards a minor lumbar lordosis (swayback), and really enjoy forward bend stretches.

I know it would go away if I stopped pushing myself so hard, physically, but I need to do this right now & am almost to a point of relax.. about a month.

I will appreciate anything, many thanks!

Another reason that my interest in postural yoga is re-surfacing is that the bodily motion aspect (dancing, stretching, exercise) of the western alchemical path is the most glaringly blank gap in that, the most emerald and rosy golden way of my forebears. I know we had it, but where did it go?

Since alchemy is an art/science that has flourished, spread, branched and rooted like a world-vine across our Earth, it must be continually re-congealed from diverse locations. Historically, this has only been permitted (otherwise we and our sources were burnt) in suitable places and permitting times (we are currently in such a permissive time / place (assumption that some of y'all are 'merican), we must continue the evolution while maintaining the unique cultural traditions.

Not totally gone though, always seeds & germ remain, whether in India or Europe etc. One Polish manuscript that I found, & have been practicing, is a guide to alchemical trance postures. These are physical positions which when held, especially in combination with rapid, simple homo-rythmic drumming, initiate particular mind/body phenomena that catapault the practitioner into specific & repeatable (even predictably amongst various individuals) locations of the various layers of reality, obviously with deep consciousness implications for the knowledgeable or practiced traveller.

Edited by lIXII (04/18/10 04:00 PM)

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

#12416025 - 04/18/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lIXII said:
P4ksoul:

"Breath might control the ph in the blood, but you are also activating the nervous system. Not from just breath oxygen but with that and mental, physical intent. If you do not understand the safety percausions, and understand what you are doing to your body, and understand the chakra theory and understand what you need to do if you have problems, then you are ignorantly practicing and CAN, end up with problems. Read Gopi Krishna's book."

Not sure if you're using the depersonalized 'you' here, but I am quite adept in the long-term practice of wholistic human mystery traverse & bodily reality systems. I actually see the world elementally (I liked your description of the need to move 'heat'), I cite the scientific data because it is the modern standard & is simply an alternative analogy / descriptor of the same precise phenomena that could be equally described elementally. Ph is scientifically the most primal major instigator of change in the nervous system, relative to any breath, postural or otherwise mentated effector of the CNS, it is change in relative gas & mineral exchange, moderated by ionic concentration that shifts CNS response. I am much more partial to the alchemical analogy, but will spare you all.

Will that book be instructive to yoga postures for nervous ganglia regeneration?

No, that book will not technically teach postures for healing nervous gaglia.

Thank you for providing scientific analysis. I think your right cause to explain these metaphysical concepts and to back up the existence of such with science is useful, and beneficial for people.

The "you" is depersonalized.
I am a little 'forward' about things at times. I hope im not being offensive.

I would like to hear more about your travels and knowledge.:cool:

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12416185 - 04/18/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Fish pose, FTW.

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Yoga for the Spine? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12492474 - 05/02/10 07:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Matsyasana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsyasana

Your the man Markos, i left this thread to mature, came back to it, did this, and straight away CRACK

Realignment :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds