Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Mycobags, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline2000pm
Wanna be like Myc

Loc: The Sound
spawning to coir from mycobags via oatman tek, just want to make sure
    #12434293 - 04/21/10 10:34 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so going to get a few pre-made mycobags and some 50/50 casing from mycopath.  Got single syringe of cubensis huautla ready to inject something.  Wanted to run things down to make sure there are no missing/incorrect steps.

oatman tek: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6004845/an/0/page/0

-obtain 1lb rye bag from mycopath (I think I read 1lb bags are pretty equivalent to 1qt which the oatman tek calls for)?
-innoc w/ syringe (using 2~4cc, saving rest for future), wait until colonized
-break up myc/spawn and add to coir readied via oatman tek
-wait until colonized, case, fruit, etc.

questions:
-how much casing material is necessary for good coverage? (sold in 3/6 qts)  how deep?
-oatman tek moves tubs into a greenhouse for fruiting chamber - if just doing 1 tub that tub is just a monotub/chamber in itself right?  Or is there something I'm missing that is necessary to keep that tub with enough RH to be good?

Buying all the stuff due to time constraints and just to see - may purchase sterilization equip in the future.

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: spawning to coir from mycobags via oatman tek, just want to make sure [Re: 2000pm]
    #12434383 - 04/21/10 10:48 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

after you inoculate. put the bag on a shelf and leave it alone. once it has colonized around 30% shake it up to distribute the mycl. this will save you time, the bag will colonize faster. after its 100% past your coir/verm. throw in a qt of spent coffee grinds with your coir, the mushrooms like coffee. after its past and down to room temp mix with your colonized grain.  put it up again and wait till its pretty much 100% colonized.  this is where i then placein a fc to fruit. no need to use a casing. but if you do just apply a inch or so layer over the coir after the coir has colonized. put up a lid on it and wait for the casing to colonize around 20-30%, then place it in a fc.  what fc are you going to use?

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offline2000pm
Wanna be like Myc

Re: spawning to coir from mycobags via oatman tek, just want to make sure [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12436707 - 04/22/10 11:23 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
after you inoculate. put the bag on a shelf and leave it alone. once it has colonized around 30% shake it up to distribute the mycl. this will save you time, the bag will colonize faster. after its 100% past your coir/verm. throw in a qt of spent coffee grinds with your coir, the mushrooms like coffee. after its past and down to room temp mix with your colonized grain.  put it up again and wait till its pretty much 100% colonized.  this is where i then placein a fc to fruit. no need to use a casing. but if you do just apply a inch or so layer over the coir after the coir has colonized. put up a lid on it and wait for the casing to colonize around 20-30%, then place it in a fc.  what fc are you going to use?

hey thanks for the reply - i guess i was sort of confused on whether or not the tub i am using can also be a FC?  Or does it need to go into another FC even though there is a lid on there (figured thats what the lid/holes/tape were for - to keep the RH high enough for fruiting in-tub?)

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: spawning to coir from mycobags via oatman tek, just want to make sure [Re: 2000pm]
    #12438983 - 04/22/10 06:08 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

if your setup is like a mono tub then it could work. you could just make a big shotgun fc and place the tray in it.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offline2000pm
Wanna be like Myc

Re: spawning to coir from mycobags via oatman tek, just want to make sure [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12440416 - 04/22/10 10:51 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

either option should be simple enough

thanks

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#12440422 - 04/22/10 10:53 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

:super:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Mycobags, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation