Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say???
    #12334758 - 04/05/10 11:12 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

When you get asked the question "What is one of your weaknesses?" during a job interview, what do you say?

The last time I was asked that question my response was "I'm not the most talkative person, I'm kind of quiet." I'm not sure if thats the best answer but that was the only thing I could think of at the time.

So what would be your answer to the question, "What is one of your weaknesses?"

I've got a job interview in 45 minutes and I'm trying to think of what I should say when that question pops up. If I can't think of anything else I'll probably just go with the quiet answer again.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12334805 - 04/05/10 11:19 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

If you have time to google it, there are some good answers to be found but 45 min isn't a lot of time.
Good luck though.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

InvisibleRazzl3Frazzl3
Female

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12334809 - 04/05/10 11:19 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

TEll them you're a bit of a perfectionist, that iof its not perfect you cant be bothered, ala Spud in Trainspotting.

Honestly, depends on what the job is? Think in their shoes and what would you expect someone to say??

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Razzl3Frazzl3]
    #12334813 - 04/05/10 11:20 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Rapist.

--------------------

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Razzl3Frazzl3]
    #12334815 - 04/05/10 11:20 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I usually tell them it's the arm I don't masturbate with as much.

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
    #12334816 - 04/05/10 11:20 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

say "i don't have any weakneses. i'm super man" just kidding.

i don't know abou that one because i have never been asked that. but they weren't like these bad ass jobs either.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
    #12334821 - 04/05/10 11:21 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

say pussy.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Offlinebeatyou
one
 User Gallery

Loc: austin, tx
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #12334836 - 04/05/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I think the best strategy for that question is to be honest & and relevent to the job, but REVERSE the weakness into some type of positive.

OfflineMaurer

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12334843 - 04/05/10 11:24 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
Rapist.

:ilold: What's the job for?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12334848 - 04/05/10 11:25 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

MycoLearner said:
TEll them you're a bit of a perfectionist, that if its not perfect you cant be bothered, ala Spud in Trainspotting.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineRam Dass
Challenger
Male

Loc: 2000 Feet Under the Sea
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: beatyou]
    #12334871 - 04/05/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

beatyou said:
I think the best strategy for that question is to be honest & and relevent to the job, but REVERSE the weakness into some type of positive.

Yeah, just say you are a workaholic or something

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: beatyou]
    #12334887 - 04/05/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

beatyou said:

Yeah, that's what I found in a quick google search, turn the weakness into some type of positive.

So I think I'm going to answer the question something like this. "One of my weakness is that I'm kindof a quiet guy, I don't talk alot. But that can actually be good in some situations... I will be hard at work all day long rather than off socializing with my co-workers."

--------------------

OfflineRyan07
TurnItUpnMakeTheSpeakersBleed

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Ram Dass]
    #12334919 - 04/05/10 11:36 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

RobMarley420 said:
I'm going to answer the question something like this. "One of my weakness is that I'm kindof a quiet guy, I don't talk alot. But that can actually be good in some situations... I will be hard at work all day long rather than off socializing with my co-workers."

Not bad...

But i'm liking

Quote:

Ram Dass said:

Yeah, just say you are a workaholic or something

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #12334930 - 04/05/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Personally, I'm a fan of "What is your weakness?"

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
pussy.

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Ryan07]
    #12334958 - 04/05/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

For a technical position I always use this one:

"Sometimes I get caught up looking for the engineer fix instead of the technician fix. "

Then they'll ask "What do you mean by Technician vs. Engineer  ?"

Then i can go on about how sometimes you just need to get things working on the spot without knowing the "why" (technician fix) and when you have some research time you can work on the engineer fix (understanding and fixing the root cause of the problem).

Dunno if it's relevant to your job though -

Works for me :shrug:

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #12335139 - 04/05/10 12:17 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

most useless interview question ever.

i always go with the "i am a perfectionist" answer.  but if i were to be honest it would be that i am not a morning person and will always be late (if we're talking about a 9-5er here).

:ashamed:

i have to get a job soon.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: yogabunny]
    #12335148 - 04/05/10 12:18 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I hope I never have to get a job.  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: deCypher]
    #12335161 - 04/05/10 12:20 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

yeah if this one project of mine would progress faster than it is, i may not have to get a real job, but it's a slow process...........

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: yogabunny]
    #12335167 - 04/05/10 12:21 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

what project??

I'm gonna try to ask my rents to give me money I had saved for graduation today... hopefully I can use that to afford moving to Cali/attending college there.  Wish me luck!

--------------------

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
    #12335192 - 04/05/10 12:24 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

tell them buttholes.

if youre gonna say the quiet thing tho dont take it as far as it makes you anti-social.

say something like youre normally quiet and would be focusing your attention on your work rather than being unproductive:yesnod:

--------------------
I need Jesus.

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

#12335325 - 04/05/10 12:45 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
yeah if this one project of mine would progress faster than it is, i may not have to get a real job, but it's a slow process...........

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:GROW GOTTDAMNIT!!:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:
:lolsy:

--------------------
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

Loc: Brilliance/Insanity
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: RobMarley420] * 2
    #12335384 - 04/05/10 12:54 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Didn't read the other replies, because there is a lot of misinformation out there about how to answer this question.

When an interviewer asks you what one of your weaknesses is, it's best to answer with something that was a weakness, but which you've overcome recently. For example, "I tend to spend too much time focusing on small details, I feel like I'd be more productive if I could get some help seeing the bigger picture." That response would be good, but this one is ideal:
"One of the things I learned at my last job was how to not get caught up in details. I was managing a project with a tight deadline, and we weren't on track to make the deadline with only one week left. I realized that I was getting too focused on small details, and was about to miss the deadline because of it. I did my best to focus on being more productive, and ended up completing the project on time."
There are a few things that make this a good response. First off, it comes off as totally honest; you're not bullshitting the interviewer with some "my weakness is a strength LOL" response. Secondly, while you are admitting to doing something poorly (almost missing a deadline) you're showing off an even more important trait: the ability to learn from your mistakes! And that's exactly what the interviewer wants to hear about when they ask about your weaknesses.

tl;dr Say something that you've recently improved on. The interviewer wants to know that you can overcome shortfalls and learn from mistakes.

--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12335446 - 04/05/10 01:03 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
what project??

I'm gonna try to ask my rents to give me money I had saved for graduation today... hopefully I can use that to afford moving to Cali/attending college there.  Wish me luck!

you will! 

i produce a tv show.  we are currently in an open discussion with a major network.  it's not like i would be able to retire if this went through, but it may be easier for me to get by while i build my yoga teaching career.

:tongue2: @ gangsteroflove

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12335450 - 04/05/10 01:04 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

fuckin A+

--------------------

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: NobodyCares]
    #12335468 - 04/05/10 01:06 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to use that next time I'm interviewing (hopefully soon).

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: bryguy27007] * 1
    #12335528 - 04/05/10 01:16 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

good vibes to OP for his interview!!

:sunny:

:hug:

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#12335621 - 04/05/10 01:35 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Well, i just got back from the interview and I used my "I'm not very talkative, but that could actually be a good thing because I'll be working all day and not socializing with my co-workers".

And the job I'm applying for is a factory job building U-hauls and Penske trucks. So it's not like I have to be talkative for this job at all. I don't have to deal with customers or anything. I only have to communicate with my co-workers.

I should know with in an hour if I got the job or not.

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

#12335629 - 04/05/10 01:37 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Best of ruck OP.
I'm hoping for the best for you.

--------------------

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12335774 - 04/05/10 02:06 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I'd say . .

"I don't really know. I'm always working on improving myself, so whenever I find a weak part of myself, I work on it".

OfflineMaurer

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #12335785 - 04/05/10 02:08 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I'd make a reference to how I once had a weekness at an old job and that's why you feel this feild/job is perfect for you and for the company :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #12335857 - 04/05/10 02:19 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Turn your asset into a weaness.
My weakness is Im too honest.
My weakness is I wont sac. my morals.
My weakness is Im too punctual.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #12335885 - 04/05/10 02:24 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I say nice trick question, I have no weaknessesnesses. Except spelling when I am too far gone!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #12336112 - 04/05/10 03:00 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

I didn't get the job. :crankey:

--------------------

Edited by RobMarley420 (04/05/10 05:58 PM)

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #12336289 - 04/05/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Dude that sucks, sorry to hear that man. :sad:

Keep trying, there are probably a lot of people applying for the same job.

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12336338 - 04/05/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

delete delete

--------------------

Edited by RobMarley420 (04/05/10 05:54 PM)

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

#12336388 - 04/05/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Fuck bro,
Sorry to hear it.
Just keep swinging bro.
You'll land something.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12336451 - 04/05/10 03:46 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

OfflineMayorMcCheese
Mayor
 User Gallery

Re: During a job interview when they ask "What is one of your weaknesses?" What do you say??? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #12336670 - 04/05/10 04:15 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Of course that's not the best thing to say but atleast they know you're being honest.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains