Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlowingMushrooms
Inspiring Hunter.
Male

Poisonous Florida Mushrooms?
    #12315752 - 04/02/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, I was wondering, What kind of Poisonous cow dung loving mushrooms are there in Florida. I Attempted looking it up on google, and didn't find much luck. I Decided
to ask you guys on shroomery. I Was just wondering so next time I go hunting, IL
know which ones not to pick or touch. If you could post a link, or maybe list some, Thad
be great. Also I live in Sarasota, if that helps. Thanks everyone :smirk:

--------------------
"Let's smoke that bowl, hit the bong
And then take that finger off of that hole
Plug it, unplug it, don't straaaain
I love you Mary Jane"
  :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Poisonous Florida Mushrooms? [Re: GlowingMushrooms]
    #12315947 - 04/02/10 02:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Google Chlorophyllum molybdites. They are found in the same habitat as Psilocybe cubensis and Panaeolus cyanescens and sometimes mistaken  for P. cubensis by inexperienced hunters. They are also easily mistaken for edible Macrolepiota species. I believe most mushroom poisonings in the US are caused by C. molybdites (don't know 100%, as I am not from the States).
There are no deadly poisonous mushrooms growing in cow dung that I am aware of.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlineyodog
The Curious One
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Poisonous Florida Mushrooms? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #12316491 - 04/02/10 08:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I know someone from the Czech Republic who ate some of those. Her Mom came over from Czech to visit saw them growing in the front yard and made dinner with them thinking they were just like the wild mushrooms they pick and eat over there. She had to go to the hospital and I guess got her stomach pumped. She lived but didn't feel too good for awhile.

--------------------
--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Poisonous Florida Mushrooms? [Re: yodog]
    #12316522 - 04/02/10 08:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

She should have educated herself on the shroomery before consumption!   

Us peeps in the Hunting forum would have warned her not to eat. 

Those crazy Czechs!

Offlineyodog
The Curious One
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Poisonous Florida Mushrooms? [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #12316546 - 04/02/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah but she wouldn't even know to use this forum. I guess in Czech they just eat what ever they find!

--------------------
--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

OfflineAtlantic Wind
 User Gallery

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
    #12316699 - 04/02/10 09:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

There are deadly amanitas, but they don't grow on dung. I've seen a couple c. molybites by cubes, but its easy to differentiate them if you know what you're looking for.

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #12316749 - 04/02/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

yodog said:
Yeah but she wouldn't even know to use this forum. I guess in Czech they just eat what ever they find!

No, there are no C. molybdites in that part of Europe, while Macrolepiota procera is very common. I guess she had no idea that there are poisonous look alikes.

OfflineGlowingMushrooms
Inspiring Hunter.
Male

Re: Poisonous Florida Mushrooms? [Re: Tangich]
    #12317217 - 04/02/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh alright, thanks. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Let's smoke that bowl, hit the bong
And then take that finger off of that hole
Plug it, unplug it, don't straaaain
I love you Mary Jane"
  :stoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck