Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
High Dose LSD
    #11835464 - 01/15/10 02:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Can someone with experience please explain to me what high doses of LSD are like and how they differ from small doses.

I've got a plentiful supply of some strong hits, they are probably 100 mics each. Most I have taken is 3 at once and that was pretty awesome but I really want to take it to 5 or maybe work my way up to a ten strip. I have loads of experience with shrooms but they get a bit weird anything over 7g's. Is high dose LSD a lot more lucid, do you find it more visual than high dose shrooms, what are the visuals like, completely overwhelming? cartoonish?

What would 1000 mics be like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: MindFood]
    #11835489 - 01/15/10 02:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:56 PM)

Invisiblecandypants
girl+fungi=luv
Female

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: MindFood]
    #11835535 - 01/15/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

10 hit strip double wide acid california acid with trains on it. overwhelming visuals. if your in a safe location with nothing thats gunna turn you then fine, not at your friends moms house. when you blink an hour passes on the clock and you dont know where that hour went, its very visual. heard things.. none of it was real life, it wasnt like the wall was moving its like theres a jungle there no wall. no control of yourself. but i wouldnt say dont do it, work youself up to that dose if you can , just be in a safe happy place if youve got the experience you say, your the only judge of how much you can handle , count on extream visuals for at least 8 hours. have a buddy maybe?

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: candypants]
    #11835587 - 01/15/10 02:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

On extremely high doses ~1500+mics i've had horrible head/brain pains during the comeup...once i came to terms with the energy it turned into the most beautiful prismatic, kaleidoscopic, soul cleansing, insightful trip of my life. VEEERY recommended, nothing compapres to very pure high dose L.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: nocoast]
    #11835655 - 01/15/10 02:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For me more LSD = more visuals, more euphoria, more awesome.

--------------------

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11836242 - 01/15/10 04:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds pretty awesome, the hits I have are supposed to be 160ug, not sure if they are this strong which is why I said 100ug all i know is I can feel threshold effects from quarter of a hit so they certainly ain't bad.

I will definitely work my way up, next time I think i'll do 4 or 5 and take it from there. I would love to be just immersed in a psychedelic world full of crazy visuals.

I really wish I lived near the dessert that seems like the perfect place for a ten strip, miles away from civilisation with no one to bother you, could just get totally lost in the experience.

Invisibletrip88
EndOfTheWorldSurvivor

#11836270 - 01/15/10 04:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nocoast said:
On extremely high doses ~1500+mics i've had horrible head/brain pains during the comeup...

Ive done lsd about 5x's from 1-3 tabs...I was told the one batch was white on white which was the clearer trip and the other didnt have a name but it seemed crudely made. There was pencil and pen marks on the back of the print...Seemed like it was mass produced.

But anyway i get horrible pressure in my brain like its overloading but i never seem to get any visuals...Its almost an annoying feeling more then a tripping feeling...I feel like i need a larger dose to get past the annoying feeling and get into the trip...

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this on low doses?

Ive done mushrooms countless times with 5g's being a common dose and i love it...Intense visuals, great body high, and i can handle it well...Ive had a dmt breakthrough that made a huge difference in my life and im one of those people who actually enjoy salvia.

I know theres more to lsd ive just never been in the position to take a higher dose (I love spreading joy so i almost always trip with newbs)

Would a higher dose be recommended...I feel like im ready

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: High Dose LSD [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11837033 - 01/15/10 06:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
For me more LSD = more visuals, more euphoria, more awesome.

QFMFT! Only 3 hits of quality left, gotta get some more, NOW! Problem is I always put my money towards other stuff like RC's, cactus to extract Mescaline, MHRB to extract DMT, or Ketamine more recently. I feel like I get so much more for less with those things, but nothing compares to Lucy so it's not like I can replace her by getting other psychs for cheaper, I just have to say fuck it and pay the $6 per or $450-$500 a vial, or $400 a sheet and then be happy that I am getting a trip for anywhere from $4 to $40 depending on amount taken, 3 to 4 hits of quality is the most common dose I take so really $16 for 4 hits of sheer beauty is not expensive and is totally worth it. Okay, done talking to myself basically, trying to convince myself to spend my loot on L instead of other things, after my next purchases on RC's I vow to spend on a sheet or 2 instead of going for the cheaper option, even though I love the cheaper options as well:wink:

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

InvisibleAcidDropper420
I'm from Canada,eh?

Loc: British Columbia Flag
Re: High Dose LSD [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11837574 - 01/15/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A high dose of LSD is shocking yet magical.

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #11837628 - 01/15/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Its nice to eat large amounts of LSD, its pretty much just tripping harder and its a lot harder to control, but it can be a lot of fun.  Reason why I don't eat larger doses of LSD often is because it can get a bit scary and my joints hurt on really high doses.  I'd probably eat larger amounts of L at festies, but it gets expensive when you keep doubling up for several days in a row, I'm happy eating 4 hits on day 1, 6 on day 2 and a strip on day 3.  If I wasn't so damn broke I'd probably eat strips more often.

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female

#11837775 - 01/15/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know if I've ever taken a miligram of LSD, but I can tell you that higher doses are definitely very different from lower doses. The visuals get very overwhelming and it really puts you in a position where you either have to let go, or spiral into madness. The good thing is, for most people, it is easy to let go on LSD. The high is very intoxicating and its easy to stay in a positive mood, oblivious to my everyday concerns, whereas with mushrooms it seems like anxiety and apprehension shadow everything, and I am left still very much connected to reality, in a shocking and revealing way. LSD is much more recreational than mushrooms in that way. On my higher doses of LSD, I was simply in awe at the extreme distortions to my body image and the world around me. With eyes closed, I was instantly propelled out-of-body. Visually, the world was falling apart, and I was even blinded momentarily with this flickering white fractal thing that covered my entire field of vision. The physical/transcendental/synesthetic is by far the most intense and incredible part, but impossible to describe, except maybe between two who have experienced it. For me, the intense parts lasted about 6-8 hours, and then for probably an additional ten hours after that, I had full blown visuals. Actually I'd say I was mildly visualizing for at least two days after that one.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: AcidDropper420]
    #11838253 - 01/15/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AcidDropper420 said:
A high dose of LSD is shocking yet magical.

QFT

The only thing I could add to that is the visuals will be more intense, they will be greater in magnification and you'll be more likely to experience an OBE. The duration will increase from 8 hours (about 100ug) to 12 hours (300+ ug).

500ug is insane and I'll never do it again. I felt dead for about 2 hours during the peak.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #11839921 - 01/16/10 07:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lol 500ug was the second trip i ever took and at the time i thought the world was gonna end!

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

#11839927 - 01/16/10 07:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nocoast said:
lol 500ug was the second trip i ever took and at the time i thought the world was gonna end!

I remember one time I was on 6g of mushies and watching a meteor shower, was awesome until I thought it was armageddon lol.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: MindFood] * 1
    #11840693 - 01/16/10 11:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

High dose is definitely subjective as some people seem to think that 3 or 4 hits of some weak Lucy is a "powerful" experience, when I've gotten way better from one hit with my normal sources. But most people have no idea how much LSD they're actually taking and therefore could be taking a ten-strip thinking that they're taking between 800ug's to a mg+ of LSD when in reality they're only taking maybe 300-400ug's, still a respectable dose but when comparing it to one or two of those hits, being 30-40ug's a piece, of course it's going to be a strong trip when you compare it to a hit or two of that. I don't know where I'm going with this but basically unless you know how much LSD you're taking or have had a known amount in the past then it's really hard to ascertain the dose you've taken simply by stating the number of tabs or sugercubes you ate, or how you felt at the time. Anyway, I consider a high dose of LSD to be anything over 400-500ug's depending on the person. 500ug's for me will send me out to another universe and it's much different than a trip at 100 or even 200-250ug's, totally different. The good thing about high dose LSD is the ability to control the trip and the ability to let go of the ego, other substances can be quite tricky especially for a novice but LSD seems to be the perfect place to start for losing the ego and looking into ones psyche with the least amount of, how can I say this? Effort. I'm sure I'll have people disagreeing with me and for all I know I may hop on later only to say "what the fuck was I typing about", I'm kinda high and hungover this morning, oh well.

--------------------

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Edited by Dr.Myco87 (01/16/10 11:10 AM)

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #11844621 - 01/16/10 11:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i actually find that a dose below 250-300ug is almost always for me more uncomfortable. a low dose like 100-150 is perfect... and if i actually want to trip for more then recreation... it has to be pushed... above 400ug... so that any comfort issues have less time to "envelop" and it's easier to get into a fun trip and not take it too seriously. (in the sense that you're a human with loads of stuff on your mind that doesn't have to do with the mindstate of lsd)

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: akira_akuma]
    #11847502 - 01/17/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i actually find that a dose below 250-300ug is almost always for me more uncomfortable. a low dose like 100-150 is perfect... and if i actually want to trip for more then recreation... it has to be pushed... above 400ug... so that any comfort issues have less time to "envelop" and it's easier to get into a fun trip and not take it too seriously. (in the sense that you're a human with loads of stuff on your mind that doesn't have to do with the mindstate of lsd)

Also, QFT. There is a little mid-zone area where it is not comfortable, especially during the come-up, not to say that these trips aren't valuable it's just I'd rather either take a lower dose in the 100ug range or a higher dose above 350-400ug's and then I'm all good.:billymaythumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

#11847623 - 01/17/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting you guy's both say that, that really makes me want to go over that limit as my previous 'high doses' were not really that high, probably in that uncomfortable zone.

I did feel like I had to break through somewhat to another level, I was just tripping really really hard but didn't lose my ego, something that happens so much more readily on high doses of shrooms.

I think ego loss on acid would be very beautiful and probably is much easier to let go on acid.

I plan on candyflipping as soon as I get my hands on some good clean MDMA, I think that should be pretty fucking sweet. After that i'll go for 5 tabs of this cid.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

#11847854 - 01/17/10 03:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by MindFood (01/17/10 03:54 PM)

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11872923 - 01/21/10 02:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:
Interesting you guy's both say that, that really makes me want to go over that limit as my previous 'high doses' were not really that high, probably in that uncomfortable zone.

I did feel like I had to break through somewhat to another level, I was just tripping really really hard but didn't lose my ego, something that happens so much more readily on high doses of shrooms.

I think ego loss on acid would be very beautiful and probably is much easier to let go on acid.

I plan on candyflipping as soon as I get my hands on some good clean MDMA, I think that should be pretty fucking sweet. After that i'll go for 5 tabs of this cid.

It is much easier to let go of the ego on LSD, just because of the intense physical effects of mushrooms can make some people apprehensive to "let go" while on LSD you're just feeling so damn good you don't care if your ego goes away forever.

--------------------

Invisiblemadpsilo
Male

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: fapjack]
    #11876436 - 01/21/10 11:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Its nice to eat large amounts of LSD, its pretty much just tripping harder and its a lot harder to control, but it can be a lot of fun.  Reason why I don't eat larger doses of LSD often is because it can get a bit scary and my joints hurt on really high doses.  I'd probably eat larger amounts of L at festies, but it gets expensive when you keep doubling up for several days in a row, I'm happy eating 4 hits on day 1, 6 on day 2 and a strip on day 3.  If I wasn't so damn broke I'd probably eat strips more often.

I have never tripped for 3 days straight but I know of others who have. I've been thinking about it but that be expensive. How is that towards the end?

OfflineUncommonSense
Stranger
Re: High Dose LSD [Re: madpsilo]
    #19095020 - 11/06/13 11:55 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience, there is a threshold at around 150-200 mcgs that separates the, "oooh, shiny" to the mind bending effects that this problem child is known for. Personally, I like to start at around 300mcgs if I'm in public, and if not, I am comfortable going a bit deeper. There was this one time, at a Phish show, where I unintentionally-on-purpose ate a heroic dose. No possible way to tell how much was in there, as it was liquid wash from a bottle of concentrate my friend had. Full glass dropper pull, and there was still solution in the bottom of the bottle when the everclear was added... A quick summary of that experience:

Ingestion at approx 8:30pm, upon arrival at parking garage. I cracked a beer, and was smoking tobacco, when I started to feel it wash over me. Inhaled my cigarette oddly and vomited. Effects starting to scale within 5 minutes of ingestion. After attempting to find a friend in the parking garage (so echoey, that it was ringing in my head), and finally finding him, as my legs turn to mush, we attempt to enter the venue. No more than 15 minutes after ingestion, noticeably feeling the effects, and still climbing fast.

It was winter, so it was an arena show, and for anyone who has had a similar experience, you know that the high pitch chatter that is held in by the roof resonates and disorients. Kind of sounded like an airplane hangar. Somehow made it to my seat, and was taken for a ride through the first set of music. Towards the end of the set, when I was very close to the peak, I don't know if my eyes were open or closed, but I saw someone in like a "Security" shirt standing over me and hitting me with a defib, and it jolted me back into my body. In hindsight, I would say that my mind had ventured that far out of my body, that was my subconscious reeling me back in. I had an "AHA!" moment in the music then, that "oh wow, I get it!" light bulb came on, and for whatever reason, I had to tell one of my friends/mentors. So I whip out my phone, and as I'm going to send the message, I realized there were a couple other people who were there that would understand what I meant by saying that, so I went to add their names onto the text recipients... Bad move.

As I'm scrolling through the names in my phone, there is conversation going on in my head. The voices of all these names in my phone are talking among each other. They aren't saying their names or anything, but talking, commenting on the choices of names I'm adding to my phone, asking "Who's that?" as I scroll by certain names, getting excited as I  approach their name, and then disappointed as I pass it. Suffice to say, the message never got sent.

Set break. I had to get out of there. This is where the Truman Show began. Maybe I was just that visually disoriented that people saw me and took pity on me, but as I was walking through, it seemed as if the seas were parting for me. I arrived at the door, and as if I was a VIP, someone smiled at me, and swung the door open for me. I retrieved a cig, and before I could even reach for a lighter, someone was offering me one. I enjoyed my cancerous treat and watched the blur of people passing. Bits and pieces of conversations made their way into my head, but I was more amused by the 6ft trails behind everyone as they walked by. I returned in doors, and then it got weirder.

If anyone has ever tried to use the bathroom during setbreak at a concert, you'd know that there are probably better times to try that, if you don't want a line. But this time was different. It appeared as if there was a substantial line leading out the door, but as I approached, the people gathered somewhat dissipated and I was able to walk right in. Now, I'm not embarrassed to say that there are times, where I am just uncomfortable using a public urinal, especially when I'm elbow to elbow with people. Stage fright. But as I walked into the bathroom, in awe of the lack of line, this guy looks at me and says "He's got the knowledge!" ... Befuddled, but agreeing, I just kept repeating that in my head as I approached the urinal and viola! No stage fright!  I walked out quite proud of myself, reflecting on the phrase this stranger had implanted into my consciousness.

From there I began to explore the lobby and concourse. At one point, I made my way to a big, long, dark tunnel, with a single security guard standing at the threshold. He told me, there's no coming back if you go down there... I played with the thought in my head for a while, dancing on the line, almost stepping out. The guard was unamused. I walked back through the concorse, and was sitting there, repeating my new mantra "I've got the knowledge" in a hushed tone. A friend came by with this beautiful woman in a school girl outfit. Apparently, he had been trying to hook her up with another mutual friend of ours, and she thought he was me. Mind you, I had a girlfriend at that moment in time, who just so happened to be in the building. This minx sits on my lap and puts her arms around my neck, leans in and starts whispering into my ear. All I can remember is "I'm kind of drunk" ... As she sat there and played with my hair, I was attempting to converse with my friend, but it really wasn't going anywhere. I couldn't do it anymore, and I picked this girl up under her arms and sat her back down next to me. I stood up quickly and said something incoherent, pretty sure it was just sounds, not words, and walked away. I've not seen a woman so confused since I tried explaining thermo-dynamics to my 10y/o cousin. I made my way back into the seating area, but the show hadn't begun yet. I was also on the complete opposite side of the venue as my seats. I sat down, the lights were still up, but I was in the Truman Show. There was no way this was really happening. I was actually convinced that I was dead, or that this was a dream. As my consciousness drifted to explore that notion, the PA music, began to stretch and I could hear different music entirely, but something had a hold of my body, and it would not let my mind leave it completely again. There was a tug of war that induced much auditory hallucination, at it was very intense. There was no way this was real. To prove it, I had to do something that would surely prove it, but what? I pulled out my chillum and packed it. With the lights on, and in direct eyesight of security, we actually made eye contact as I put the glass to my lips, lit it and inhaled deeply. The guard looked at me, frowned and just turned his head. This was not the response I was hoping to invoke.

A couple people behind me began talking to me, and I did my best to hold my end of the social pleasantry. I answered in short replies, but that was all I could really muster. But then it started happening again, my consciousness began to drift from my body, and these people were my only link back to my body, and it was as if they were narrating the internal conflict that was going on, very much so playing devil's advocate to a dialog there is no way they could be hearing. One of the most profound things I'd experienced. The lights went down, and I attempted to make it back to my seat, falling more than once on the way. I had ingested some water during the set break to keep myself hydrated, but it did not serve it's purpose. The second song of the set was one titled "Down with Disease"... Well, just as the song reached it's climax and took off, so did that water. Violently purging itself from my body completely involunatarily and with absolutely no warning, I may or may not have accidently soiled the back of the chair in the row in front of me, and subsequently that concert attendee's coat. It was just water, but still... I would not have been pleased. I'm sure I've had my karma repaid (I'm actually almost certain a similar thing has happened to one of my coats).

After the purge, however, all was right in the world again, and I was in control and lucid. Once again, I was in control of my consciousness, and was able to enjoy the rest of the show, not that I really remember much of it. I did, however manage to lose my hat, and it was winter, so the rest of the night wasn't too pleasant. I was able to get a ride to an afterparty, listened to a bit of music before returning to my car, and finding the aftermath of the show in there. We hung out for another couple hours, drinking Sangria and smoking joints on the roof, until finally, it seemed alright to drive.

I would estimate that dose at over 1k, maybe 2k. I've never come close to that again, so I have no grounds for comparison. 1.5-2k+ is probably a safe estimate.... I was a relative beginner at the time as well. Maybe you had too much too fast'd

Hope you enjoyed the story.

InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Loc: USA
Re: High Dose LSD [Re: UncommonSense]
    #19095199 - 11/06/13 12:42 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That must've been the sickest Phish show ever, UncommonSense. Sounds like an interesting time!

--------------------
"Pebbles and marbles like things on my mind,
Seem to get lost and harder to find.
When I am alone I am inclined,
If I find a pebble in sand,
To think that it fell from my hand..."

OfflineGalidor4
Beholder
Male

Re: High Dose LSD [Re: MindDrips]
    #19096462 - 11/06/13 05:11 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry, but this is a really silly question, like really silly. What you wanna know, no one can put into words. The true essence of a high LSD experience is ineffable, that's kinda the point to some extent. I mean words like 'strong visuals', 'melting feeling', 'the wall turning to jungle', even 'ego death' and 'psychosis' are just words. All of it is just talking about that which is talk-able about. If you wanna truly know what a high LSD experience is like, there's only one way to find out, jump in! Even working yourself up, you will get to a point where it's not like how it was, far from it. But, when it comes down to it, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the LSD experience.

But know, while you can't even imagine the things you'll experience while there, it's all in your head, but it's also what you make of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag