Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: alkaloid production post veil breakage [Re: Pinback]
    #11815381 - 01/12/10 02:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

that study is not a good basis for when are they most potent gram for gram cuz you would have to use an isolate in a controlled lab setting to get reliable measurements of the actives for comparison.

those were random wild grown azures so genetics puts too many factors in to be super accurate but none the less what is stated is what I believe to be true also.  then again I have zero lab equipment to base/factualize my theories on. :stoned:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: alkaloid production post veil breakage [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11819803 - 01/13/10 01:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed, but it is the best basis available today.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: alkaloid production post veil breakage [Re: Pinback]
    #11819964 - 01/13/10 02:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed so far.

One thing that wasn't mentioned yet, is the oxidation of alkaloids while the fruits are still attached to the mushroom i.e. haven't been picked yet.

I noticed, that older specimens of both, Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe cyanescens -while being about the same weight- seem less potent than younger specimens.

Though being highly subjective, because I didn't have any possibility to really test the potency accurately in a lab, but only by consuming them and listen to the reports of people around me, there's a more or less clear pattern visible! It sure could be, that we just fell for different genetics etc., but this would be rather unlikely.

This difference in potency was much more noticeable when it came to Psilocybe cyanescens, that take much longer to mature, than Cubes do. So the time they were in contact with oxygen was much longer.

This was, by the way, meant as a kind of experiment, so we stuck to fruits of the same flush and patch.
Now, this doesn't mean there are no differences in potency, but it's the best we could do. (The tests with Cubes probably don't really count, because I didn't have too many grows that were uneven enough, so that we could test younger and older mushrooms of the same flush and weight!).

When it comes to cultivated Cubes, this issue is probably to neglect, but with wood loving species, this seems to be heavy factor in terms of potency.

Still I'm a "Warrior for the concerns of immature fruits of wood loving mushrooms"!
Just because pins are more potent by weight, you get about the same or even a bigger amount of active alkaloids, when you let the fruits mature properly, while at the same time supporting the spreading of spores! So let them grow to full size, before you pick them! (I just had to say this one more time:stoned:)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract