Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Hood Metal
Male
Loc: Texas
Best preparation for Trichocereus bridgesii (mescaline)?
    #11725923 - 12/27/09 02:19 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering what the best preparation for my first Achuma trip would be.  My girl and I were planning on doing 18" each, and it's both of our first mescaline trips.  However, I'm definitely heavily considering doing 24" each instead, now that I'm going to have some excess Christmas money.

If this is relevant at all, it's basically her first psychedelic experience.  Me, about two years ago, I tripped on LSD twice (first time, two hits, second time, four hits), and I tripped on some sort of DOx compound almost exactly a year ago.

I'm really not asking about dose, though, I'm more worried about the preparation because I've heard of some people not getting anything out of cacti, and I don't see how this is even possible, but I don't want to waste a perfectly good/psychedelic cactus by messing up the preparation.

I was thinking about using this method:  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11086411, but I'm thinking I'd be too impatient to have to do it over a day or two before being able to consume the cactus.  I was wondering if it would be fine to just boil it into a tea/drink and reduce it to one or two swallows...  If I were to go this route, what would be the best tek to use, and are there any simple/well-explained/easy-to-use guides out there that would be best for a first-time brewer?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebc30629
Ethnobotaster
Re: Best preparation for Trichocereus bridgesii (mescaline)? [Re: PsychedelicSpirit]
    #11726063 - 12/27/09 02:41 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Its been said once and it'll be said 100 times over and over...

The search function is your best friend.  There have been hundreds of threads covering this topic.  Erowid or even a google search will produce tons and tons of results with reviews from people who did em.  In my opinion that route will get you a lot more places a lot faster than asking the people here who for all you know could just be pulling it outta their ass.  Not to mention you will pick a tek that works with whatever hardware you have available to you.  There are some killer teks out there but even I won't mess with some of them just because of the gear needed to make them happen.  In the end its up to you and your ability to follow directions and your dedication.  END RANT.

Enjoy your mescaline!  Good luck.

Edited by bc30629 (12/27/09 02:43 PM)

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Best preparation for Trichocereus bridgesii (mescaline)? [Re: PsychedelicSpirit]
    #11726088 - 12/27/09 02:44 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah.. The French Machine prep is good, but fresh cactus blended up like that is really tough to get down (and have it stay down). It's doable though and if you do some searching around you'll find that a lot of people can do it and a lot of people can't just simply drink fresh blended cactus. The texture is very unique and the taste even more unique! I guarantee that you won't have a "oh i've had something like this before!" moment while trying to consume the stuff.

Another method is to remove the spines, waxy layer, and core leaving just the green flesh layer. Then just munch strips of the stuff until you start to trip. Search posts by starfirex for a good idea of what that's like.

The tea is also a good method. See http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

Alcohol extractions are known to be efficient

Acid/Base extractions are known to be very efficient

It's up to you. Consider how much time you want to put into the prep, whether you want the full cactus spectrum of alkaloids or the most prized mescaline by itself, and whether you have any inclination towards more natural preparations or more chemically involved preparations.

Enjoy!

--------------------
================

OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Hood Metal
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Best preparation for Trichocereus bridgesii (mescaline)? [Re: floatingwater]
    #11726114 - 12/27/09 02:48 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I definitely want the full spectrum of alkaloids.  Part of the reason why I'm using bridgesii rather than Peruvian Torch or San Pedro.  I'm assuming that FrenchMachine's prep and a tea method both keep all of the alkaloids, and that extractions only get out the mescaline?  Or would making a tea remove some of the extra alkaloids too?

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
    #11726423 - 12/27/09 03:42 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i Am gonna tell you tea IS RANCID!!!!
my first few times i did tea, and then i moved on to an ISO extraction
which was very easy and really easier to get down, but like someone mentioned do a search, there's alot of info out there,
i would recommend do a through search, and no more than 18" your first go at it,,,
have fun.
oh yeah try some powder, its the shit!

Offlinestarfire_xes
Living colors,,,,
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southwest US
    #11726777 - 12/27/09 04:57 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

1)Remove the spines
2)Chill the cactus in the freezer for 20 minutes
3)Cut the whole into one inch thick stars it should look like this:
4)Take one star, peel the waxy clear skin.
5)Chew the dark green flesh only around the core.
6)Chew until the bitterness fills your mouth; let some sit under your tongue. 
7) While the bitter juice is resting in your mouth, return to step 4) and start again.
8)  When the next star is peeled, rinse and swallow the juice in your mouth with a small amount of lemonade.
9) Continue with steps 4~8 until all the stars are gone.  You should have a mess left over that looks like this:
10)Attain Buddahood in the Realm of Exalted Love and Feel :awebig: and

Optional)  Take 50mg of dramamine pre-trip to help stomach discomfort.  However, with this method I have experienced little nausea.  Juicing makes for bad nausea.  Save the junk parts for extraction.

--------------------
:smug:    :smirk
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #11730209 - 12/28/09 09:02 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PsychedelicSpirit said:
I definitely want the full spectrum of alkaloids.  Part of the reason why I'm using bridgesii rather than Peruvian Torch or San Pedro.  I'm assuming that FrenchMachine's prep and a tea method both keep all of the alkaloids, and that extractions only get out the mescaline?  Or would making a tea remove some of the extra alkaloids too?

tea would retain most of the alkaloids provided that they arent heated too much when boiling.

69 ron's d-limonene extraction keeps the other alkaloids and impurities with the mescaline. If you so choose to you can clean and remove the other alkaloids from the mescaline but its not necessary. i prefer my extract with all the impurities because they add to the experience.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience