Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Charles]
    #11704244 - 12/23/09 03:31 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i'm not saying it's a conspiracy. i'm just saying that we shouldn't be flouridating water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11704260 - 12/23/09 03:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

robbyberto said:
Quote:

BothHands said:
Fluoride is found naturally in both fresh water and seawater.  You'd be drinking it anyway, if you were drinking from a river 1000 years ago..  It's not something new and unnatural to the human body.

QFT
Almost as dumb as chemtrails.

also found in foods we eat, tea for instance contains high
concentrations of fluoride, green tea can have as much as 50%
more than other teas

There are different kinds of fluoride.  You like telling "half truths"?

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #11704285 - 12/23/09 03:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Does flouride evaporate off quickly if you boil the water?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: SerialDiscrepancy]
    #11704287 - 12/23/09 03:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
yea fluoride also calcifies your pineal gland..you know that part of your brain that produces DMT

You mean the part of your brain that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with DMT?

--------------------

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: nice1]
    #11705717 - 12/23/09 12:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Does flouride evaporate off quickly if you boil the water?

no you have to distill it, or use a filter with reverse osmosis, maybe a few other methods

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Poid]
    #11705733 - 12/23/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I can keep WWII prisoners stupified?

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11705807 - 12/23/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
yea fluoride also calcifies your pineal gland..you know that part of your brain that produces DMT

You mean the part of your brain that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with DMT?

That's just as disingenuous as saying DMT is made in the pineal gland.  The pineal gland does contain enzymes that could conceivably catalyze the production of DMT... there's just no evidence (so far) that this actually occurs.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11707884 - 12/23/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Al said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

robbyberto said:
Quote:

BothHands said:
Fluoride is found naturally in both fresh water and seawater.  You'd be drinking it anyway, if you were drinking from a river 1000 years ago..  It's not something new and unnatural to the human body.

QFT
Almost as dumb as chemtrails.

also found in foods we eat, tea for instance contains high
concentrations of fluoride, green tea can have as much as 50%
more than other teas

There are different kinds of fluoride.  You like telling "half truths"?

isnt that 99% of this thread?

copy/paste+half truth

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11708096 - 12/23/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm usually good at wading through bullshit to figure out what's accurate, but I'm really up in the air on the fluoride issue... I can't figure out whether it's concerning or not :lol:

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Salomon]
    #11708102 - 12/23/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
FUCK YO TEEFFF NIGGA!

this!  :rockon:

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Salomon]
    #11708109 - 12/23/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
Why can't we insult eachother freely? Feels like fucking middle school or somethin up in this piece.

AL GORE IS A FUCKING LIAR

MANBEARPIG IS AN IMMEDIATE THREAT TO OUR SOCIETY.

I'M SUPER CERIAL.

*cereal  :tongue2:

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #11708135 - 12/23/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, how I love the typical tactic of pasting pages upon pages of other people's thoughts without adding any of your own.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11708285 - 12/23/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
I'm usually good at wading through bullshit to figure out what's accurate, but I'm really up in the air on the fluoride issue... I can't figure out whether it's concerning or not :lol:

Im right with ya

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #11708389 - 12/23/09 08:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/01/22 08:18 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #11708403 - 12/23/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Anyone know there stuff on the subject/chemistry of removing this from water? It's bullshit that they add it in the first place... but they say it's necessary because lazy Americans are too addicted to their gluttony & can't go for more than an hour without drinking sugar water or eating such junk.

Pur water filter? :justdontknow:

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Is a "practical" distillation system available for the average person to remove it?

Why wouldn't it be? You can make one in your backyard with just a tarp and a stick...:poke:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Poid]
    #11709292 - 12/23/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/01/22 08:18 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #11709346 - 12/23/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've lost so much weight once I realized what I was putting into my body every day. Every week. Every month.

Now I'm just chock full o' preservatives!

I dropped the aspartame the other day. No clue what's next.

Won't reverse osmosis filters work?

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Adden]
    #11709445 - 12/23/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/01/22 08:19 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #11709460 - 12/23/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I had one installed when I was a child for my aquarium hobby (it was intense for me back then). No idea how much it set my parents back, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot.

I know that some people are forced to use R/O water because their well water sucks or whatnot. I'm pretty sure a decent unit is inexpensive as shit now and much more efficient.

Pris can prolly hop in and find a $50 one on ebay or tell you how to MacGyver one with a 2-litre soda bottle, an old stethoscope and some polyfill.

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Adden]
    #11709496 - 12/23/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Seems to be an increasing amount of disinformation, fearmongering and hysterics on the internet most likely to sell their life saving technology or other crap. I copied this from Brian Dunnings website, a critical thinker who enjoys debunking this stuff. His webiste can be visited at http://skeptoid.com.

Today we're going to wrap our big juicy lips around the kitchen faucet, turn on the valve, and fill our bodies with a poisonous chemical placed in our water by the government: fluoride.

Most people understand that fluoridation of water means that fluoride is added by the local municipal water supplier, and that's generally correct. What most people don't know is that in some cases, fluoridation means removing excess fluoride that occurs naturally in the water supply. Fluoride is a natural component of groundwater, and it occurs naturally everywhere in the world, in varying amounts. The process of fluoridation is to adjust the fluoride content of the water to the most healthful level.

So how did fluoridation become a normal part of municipal water supply? It all goes back to an early 20th century dentist named Dr. Frederick McKay, who practiced dentistry in Colorado, and noticed that a lot of his patients seemed to have brown teeth. In Texas, brown teeth were so prevalent that they were simply called "Texas Teeth". Dr. McKay spent 30 years investigating the cause. Why? Because it also turned out that people with Texas Teeth also had extremely low levels of dental decay. If you had brown teeth, you were only 1/3 as likely to have cavities.

Finally, in 1931, it was determined that naturally occurring fluoride in the local drinking water was responsible for both the discoloration and the lack of decay. Texas and Colorado had extremely high levels of natural fluoride, causing the discoloration, a condition now known as dental fluorosis, which is harmless if a tad unattractive. Years of research and testing in different cities and states, conducted by the National Health Service, determined that one part per million was the ideal proportion, giving the same protection from decay, and avoiding the dental fluorosis. Ever since then, it has been the standard practice to regulate fluoride levels in municipal water supplies to one part per million. There has been broad scientific and medical consensus for decades that one part per million of fluoride is best for health, and exactly zero rigorously conducted scientific trials that have indicated any sign of danger. For all practical purposes, it is an over-and-done-with issue.

And yet, like so many advances in science or medicine, fluoridation is criticized by a small yet vocal fringe group. There is absolutely an anti-fluoridation lobby in this country. Their process is to flood the mass media with as many claims as they can invent: Claims like fluoridation causes cancer or other illnesses; that insufficient research has been done or that there is "scientific controversy" surrounding fluoridation; that fluoride is a dangerous chemical poison; that fluoridation has been banned in Europe; that it eliminates your freedom of choice; or any of a dozen other baseless and untrue statements intended to alarm and frighten the public. Alarming the public is not hard to do. There are many communities in the United States where voters have been compelled to ban fluoridation by this widespread misinformation campaign.

Let's turn our eye onto one such community, Arcata, an idyllic coastal hamlet in northern California, that recently won this battle after a divisive and painful fight in the newspapers and in city hall. A principal champion of the science behind fluoridation is Kevin Hoover, editor of the Arcata Eye newspaper. In answering the flood of anti-fluoridation scare tactics, Hoover said:

There are no known victims. If there was a problem with municipal fluoridation, wouldn't we have at least a few people who showed some signs of harm after 44 years? All the anti-fluoride people could say was that the victims are "undiagnosed," but not why. They produced no victims, just lots of dubious statistics and horror stories with no provenance.

Measure W to ban fluoridation was carefully crafted by the anti-fluoridation lobby to simply require FDA approval of anything added to Arcata's water supply, which sounds reasonable and sounds like a good idea, and a layperson otherwise uninformed would be likely to vote for it. The catch is that the Food & Drug Administration has nothing whatsoever to do with municipal water supplies, and so of course FDA approval would never happen, by law. Measure W was essentially a devious, deceitful trick intended to further the anti-fluoridation lobby's agenda at the expense of the dental health of Arcata's children. Generally, it's this same tactic that has been responsible for most anti-fluoridation measures that have passed in the United States.

How else does the anti-fluoridation lobby go about spreading their misinformation? Generally they distribute an eight page pamphlet written by Dr. John Yiamouyiannis, the grandfather of anti-fluoridation activism. Dr. Yiamouyiannis was a naturopath who rejected modern medicine, and was the principal originator of the claim that fluoridation causes cancer. He raised his family with an emphasis on a fluoride-free diet to avoid cancer. And, as I'm sure you've guessed, Dr. Yiamouyiannis died of cancer in 2000, which he had refused to treat in accordance with his naturopathic philosophy. His type of cancer has a 95% 5-year survival rate, when properly treated.

Most other experts cited by activists are people like Dr. Hugo Theorell, who did indeed oppose fluoridation in the early days. What they don't tell you is that Dr. Theorell changed his mind and became a supporter after the research was published. They'll often cite Swedish Nobel Prize winner Arvid Carlsson, known for his work with dopamine. He's the only known Nobel Prize winner to oppose fluoridation, but the activists multiply him and frequently say that "dozens" or "many" Nobel Prize winners oppose it. When you can only find one guy who opposes something, and his work is in a completely different field anyway, that's a pretty sad commentary on your position. It's also a case of the exception proving the rule. There are always a few contrarian scientists in every field with opinions opposite from the consensus.

It's also stated that fluoridation adds dangerous levels of lead, arsenic, and mercury to the water. Again, this is simply untrue, and making such a claim is really a form of terrorism. In Arcata, no detectable levels of any of those are found in the fluoridated water. Not just below safe levels, mind you; zero.

You'll also hear the claim that fluoridation has been banned in Europe. This is also completely untrue. In Europe it's more common to fluoridate salt instead of water, thus bringing the same benefits via a different delivery method. As long as you don't look at that fact, the anti-fluoridation people can truthfully say that "Europe rejects fluoridation of water."

Thanks to the efforts of Hoover and all of Arcata's doctors, dentists, educators, social workers and newspapers, Measure W to ban fluoridation was soundly defeated in the election. And it's a good thing, too: according to sources in Arcata, if Measure W had passed, the same people were going to try and ban childhood vaccinations next.

Why do they do it? We can really only speculate. Presumably most of these people are good citizens who love their families and want the best for everyone. I speculate that a lot of them are simply ignorant of the facts, and possibly mistrust of the government or anticorporatism compels them to tend to ignore information from official sources and embrace alternative claims, whatever their source. Hoover gave his own answer to this question in an editorial for the Arcata Eye:

Billion-dollar industries thrive around entirely imaginary “phenomena.” Astrology, numerology, UFOs, alien abductions, Holocaust denial, the face on Mars, “chemtrails,” innumerable media-centered conspiracy theories and fluoride-phobia thrive because they inhabit that magical nexus where paranoia meets superstition – fertile ground for fomenting fear.

The United States Public Health Service estimates that every dollar spent fluoridating water saves fifty dollars in dental expenses. If fluoridation is truly just another conspiracy, then at least this is one that saves money.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order