Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIstigkeit
Good Vibrations
Male

Loc: Across The Universe
Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11693630 - 12/21/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I really don't see how they're not similar. They both produce affect dopamine and serotonin. The body highs are comparable. MDMA produces mildly psychedelic effects and can produce visuals. Both usually have a strong positive mood push. Both can make the user highly emotional. Where are they wholly dissimilar?

LSD is more like an beautiful break open your fucking head entheogen
MDMA is more like a fun drug or a happy drug that can give insights :shrug:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrr
Female

Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: Smeeeeg]
    #11693789 - 12/21/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not really that similar, but they are useful in the same ways. For me, they really both shine when used together. Since I've become more aquainted with LSD, MDMA just seems kinda boring on its own...it becomes very predictable and a rather shallow experience compared to the infinite possibilities of LSD

I can see why you think LSD and MDMA are similar; you've probably only taken low doses of LSD. Take a little more next time and it will feel like a completely different drug...a much more complex, frighteningly beautiful one. I mean, with MDMA, I might get some semi-visuals, like if I concentrate I can make it happen. Any decent dose of LSD and the visuals will be too apparent to ignore for me...and with higher doses it gets to be like 'holy shit, this is intense' - something MDMA may do for me physically, but not like LSD - nowhere near the depth. I suppose a low dose of LSD could seem similar to MDMA though. The light feeling, the euphoria. You just need to eat more and see the true nature of the beast.

Edited by drr (12/21/09 05:21 PM)

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: drr]
    #11694222 - 12/21/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you assume someone has only taken low doses of LSD if they find the two drugs comparable?

I've gotten plenty of insights from MDMA btw.

--------------------

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

Loc: Chonyid
    #11694252 - 12/21/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Not really that similar, but they are useful in the same ways. For me, they really both shine when used together. Since I've become more aquainted with LSD, MDMA just seems kinda boring on its own...it becomes very predictable and a rather shallow experience compared to the infinite possibilities of LSD

I can see why you think LSD and MDMA are similar; you've probably only taken low doses of LSD. Take a little more next time and it will feel like a completely different drug...a much more complex, frighteningly beautiful one. I mean, with MDMA, I might get some semi-visuals, like if I concentrate I can make it happen. Any decent dose of LSD and the visuals will be too apparent to ignore for me...and with higher doses it gets to be like 'holy shit, this is intense' - something MDMA may do for me physically, but not like LSD - nowhere near the depth. I suppose a low dose of LSD could seem similar to MDMA though. The light feeling, the euphoria. You just need to eat more and see the true nature of the beast.

drr i completely agree, you've laid out the clear distinctions that i didn't really get into. i have to support you here and reiterate, lsd is in a completely different league of experience than mdma, period.

Invisibledrr
Female

#11694390 - 12/21/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Why do you assume someone has only taken low doses of LSD if they find the two drugs comparable?

I've gotten plenty of insights from MDMA btw.

Because high doses of LSD are NOTHING like MDMA

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11694580 - 12/21/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

And so that makes the two wholly incomparable? I just think it's ridiculous to call the two completely incomparable and completely unrelated.

--------------------

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #11694706 - 12/21/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

LSD and MDMA are somewhat similar,so YES.
People overlook the fact they are similar bc LSD causes much more profound effects at higher
doses.
At certain doses they are quite similar but once high doses are introduced the gap in effects becomes wide.
LSD and MDMA both manipulate the relase of serotonin and dopamine and both work off the
5-HT receptors.

OfflineSmeeeeg
Entheogenic Philosopher
Male

Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: greenspectral]
    #11698331 - 12/22/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

Smeeeeg said:
Yes.
but they are simmilar in effects
and simmilar in popularity.
in the 60's LSD was the fad
MDMA was more 90's to today's fad.
has neurotoxicity been proven yet in MDMA?
thats a pretty contraversial subject

MDMA's neurotoxicity is only controversial in those who want to justify abusing MDMA.

Hahahahaha touche!

Quote:

greenspectral said:
definitely not similar at all. the only similarity i see is that both have stimulant properties, that's where it ends. similar effects? gotta be fucking kidding me dude...i'm wondering if you've even had the full lsd experience if you think that's the case...

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

oh yes, you  bet ive had a full LSD experience, and what it was cannot be described with human grunting noises.
LSD is an amplifier of the biological languages.
LSD and MDMA definately house more than just stimulant properties,
theyre both very empathogenic, very stimulating, and psychedelic. but still, in a way they can be considered different, but not entirely different. its like looking at a lemon and a lime, they both have theyre own distinctive flavors, but they can still be considered similar.

--------------------
Each religion has got their own way of making you feel like a victim. The Christians say "you are a sinner", and you better just zip up your trousers and give the money to the pope and we'll give you a room up in the hotel in the sky

-Timothy Leary-

Invisibledrr
Female

#11707283 - 12/23/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
And so that makes the two wholly incomparable? I just think it's ridiculous to call the two completely incomparable and completely unrelated.

didn't say that at all...

My guess is that you're not too well aquainted with a whopping dose of LSD either, if you find them all that similar...

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11707298 - 12/23/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

My guess is that you're not too well aquainted with a whopping dose of LSD either, if you find them all that similar...

:lmafo: I'm definitely more than familiar with large doses of LSD.

--------------------

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #11707308 - 12/23/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

:ilold:

Look, there's no question that there is, at the very least, a chemical similarity between the two.

Quote:

Istigkeit said:
LSD is more like an beautiful break open your fucking head entheogen
MDMA is more like a fun drug or a happy drug that can give insights :shrug:

Dude... I like you, but... you've never even tried any psychedelics.

--------------------

Edited by NetDiver (12/23/09 04:40 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: NetDiver]
    #11707321 - 12/23/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Samurai Drifter said:
Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

:ilold:

Look, there's no question that there is, at the very least, a chemical similarity between the two.

I suppose I can agree with that...Though maybe in terms of effects, not chemically...I think they're pretty different in that regard:)

Not trying to argue

Its just that theres also no question that a full dose LSD is terrifyingly more intense and complex than MDMA could ever be. And that is all the difference in the world. MDMA is practically bad trip proof. Its like a stimulant with a little psychedelic twist. I'd say probably 50 mics or so, quite comparable to MDMA. More than 100, not comparable at all - totally different ballparks.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11707338 - 12/23/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I reach states of infinite love and euphoria on both MDMA and LSD. Also, MDMA, despite popular belief, is definitely not bad trip proof. It can make users highly emotional and those emotions aren't always positive.

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female

#11707373 - 12/23/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Comparable, yes, but very very different.

I've had a bad trip on MDMA too. But it was no big deal. You shrug off a bad MDMA trip. Its like a shitty mood.

I dont care how many pills you take, you aren't going to experience ego death with MDMA, or if you do, you're probably in danger of real physical death. Yes, similar emotions on them. But altogether effects are worlds apart, you have to admit. Unless of course you've only taken a hit or two of acid, in which case I understand - I used to think they were more similar as well. Take more next time and tell me how similar they are really...

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11707389 - 12/23/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm, I guess 9 hits of acid is a small dose? :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: Smeeeeg]
    #11707390 - 12/23/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Smeeeeg said:
has neurotoxicity been proven yet in MDMA?
thats a pretty contraversial subject

actually, it has.
and denial is part of that 90's fad, but the science has caught up.

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: piracetam]
    #11707404 - 12/23/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

oh yeah...and they are somewhat similar in effects, because they're both serotonergic. LSD just happens to affect more neurotransmitter systems.

p.s. lsd > mdma

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: piracetam]
    #11707479 - 12/23/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Whoa, whoa LSD VS MDMA?

They collide so well together :awehigh:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: LSD Vs. MDMA [Re: Beanhead]
    #11707507 - 12/23/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

mix em

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibledrr
Female

#11707516 - 12/23/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Hmmm, I guess 9 hits of acid is a small dose? :rolleyes:

No, not at all. But didnt those 9 hits blow your mind beyond anything MDMA could possibly have done?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom