Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLadyLittleZeppelin
Stoner
Female User Gallery

Drug testing- Mushrooms & the Navy
    #11639450 - 12/12/09 11:59 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This is prolly the wrong forum but my ass is lazy and I'm hoping to catch someone knowledgable on this subject.

Does the Navy or any branch of the military test for psilocybin? I know they test for LSD. Has anyone here ever ate mushrooms the night or 2 before a test?

--------------------
SHROOMS MAKE YOU GAY
~
Crystal G said:
  its cuzzzzzz i giiiiiive a meeeeean blooooowjjjobbbb.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: Drug testing- Mushrooms & the Navy [Re: LadyLittleZeppelin]
    #11639455 - 12/13/09 12:00 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Loll they will only test you for cannabis opiates coke and amphetamines most likely

they dont give 2 fucks if your trippin or not

and they dont test for it

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Drug testing- Mushrooms & the Navy [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #11639472 - 12/13/09 12:01 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Ya I don't think the test for LSD either.

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Drug testing- Mushrooms & the Navy [Re: Platinum]
    #11639481 - 12/13/09 12:03 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

navy does test for lsd.  not looking it up but lsd is out of your pee in 4 hours? or is it 16?

edit:

1] How long can LSD be detected in the body?

This varies by the test being used, the detection limit placed on the test, the point of collection and type of the sample fluid, the amount of LSD that was taken, and the individual in question.

Assuming the testers are using an RIA screening test with the cutoff set at 0.1 ng/ml and assuming that the user has recently emptied their bladder, then the detection limit for one hit (100 ug) is normally around 30 hours. Each doubling of the initial amount will add about 5 hours. Thus taking 8 hits will leave a user vulnerable for approximately 2 days. (NOTE: This is based on the data in [7])

2] What exact form of test can be used to detect LSD in the body? There are a number of tests which can be used to detect LSD in the body.

Abuscreen, a product of Roche Diagnostic Systems, is a series of RadioImmunoAssay (RIA) tests, one of which is used to detect LSD and its metabolites in whole blood, serum (blood), urine and stomach contents [1].

RIA can in theory be used to detect quantities as small as 0.020 nanograms (ng) per milliliter (ml) of sample [2]. Laboratory tests have shown that RIA results are accurate down to at least 0.1 ng/ml [3]. The manufacturer recommends limiting the cutoff to 0.5 ng/ml.

EMIT, a product of Syva Corporation, is another series of tests, one of which can be used to detect LSD and its metabolites in serum and urine. EMIT stands for Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique.

Both EMIT and Abuscreen are positive/negative response tests (much like pregnancy tests) which require periodic equipment calibration and consume chemicals for each test performed. A basic battery of tests costs approx. $15-$25 per person [4].

The basic tests (recommended by NIDA) include marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). Normally, unless an (employer) specifically requests the test, an LSD assay is not run.

Both Roche and Syva recommend confirmation of positive results by using a different test. The usual method of confirming positive results is some form of chromatography.

These include High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC)[3], and different forms of Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)[5][6][7][8][9].

HPTLC and GC/MS can be used to give quantitative results as opposed to the Boolean results from EMIT or Abuscreen.

Laboratory tests have shown that GC/MS test for LSD in urine[6] and blood[7] can be accurate down to 0.1 ng/ml. The cost for confirmation of a positive screening test is approximately $50-60.

Positive results to either EMIT and RIA are held to be probable cause by U.S. courts. GC/MS results are held to be proof by U.S. courts.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southwest US
    #11639500 - 12/13/09 12:06 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I was in the navy BPT...  Before Piss Tests.....so what did we get.... pot in thailand and PI, speed in japan and korea, heroin in Singapore, hashish in Italy....

--------------------
:smug:    :smirk
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #11639510 - 12/13/09 12:08 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:
Loll they will only test you for cannabis opiates coke and amphetamines most likely

they dint give 2 fucks if your trippin or not

and they dont test for it

I wouldnt trust this cause even as a kid on probation I was tested for psilocybin so I dont see why the us military wouldnt especially if they test for lsd

but the duration is 3 to 6 days max

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: Drug testing- Mushrooms & the Navy [Re: fee]
    #11639517 - 12/13/09 12:09 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

interesting hmm

yea i wasnt for sure i just kinda figured they wouldnt test for psyches but i dunno

maybe they do

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southwest US
    #11639544 - 12/13/09 12:13 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thou shalt realize that only moronic fools that hate drugs occupy high levels in the kingdom of the navy....  and they will test for anything.

--------------------
:smug:    :smirk
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineRiboflavin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwestish
    #11639581 - 12/13/09 12:18 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_testing.shtml

If they do an extended drug test, it sounds like they could show up, but I have no clue which sort they use.

--------------------
All that groks is God.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #11639622 - 12/13/09 12:25 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This is off memory but im fairly certain its correct. You can double check on www.erowid.org

If they do test it does not really matter. Psilocin is only detectable in the urine for 24 hours in like 85% of the population the other 15% clear in anywhere from 24 to 72 hours. So no more than 1 to 3 days tops. Just don't sign up 3 days after you trip on shrooms.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub