Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11633686 - 12/11/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Salvia.

Every single time I break through, It can only be described as another dimension/spirit world/reality

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePovlovich
Stranger

Loc: Ohio
Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: skatealex2]
    #11634034 - 12/12/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've always pondered this... I mean reality is just a combination of sensations that we perceive. If each person perceives different things, even slightly different, then technically each person lives in a different reality. That being said, what if the "reality" that schizophrenics perceive is more in tune with certain realms that "normal" people don't experience?

In my opinion, things like Psychedelics don't make us hallucinate. I think that it's more sensible to say that it changes our brain chemistry in a way that allows us to perceive different parts of "reality". If this is true there would definitely be some sort of connection between mental "disorders" and psychedelic drugs... at least enough of a connection to compare the two types of alteration of "reality".

The farther we get away from our "normal reality" could be the closer we get to realms that we know nothing about....

I don't really know what to think about a spirit world or anything like that, but I hope to some day have a spiritual experience on mushrooms. If I ever do experience anything profound, it'll definitely be posted ha

--------------------
The Three Yellow Men have arrived.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: Povlovich]
    #11634157 - 12/12/09 01:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The things we hallucinate are not reality.
Though within certain beliefs they could be, if you believe thoughts are creative.

But you cannot prove that.

Its real to you/me, but nobody else, and therefore not real enough. :wink:

--------------------

Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

OfflinePovlovich
Stranger

Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: Thisfire]
    #11634791 - 12/12/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Right... and one can say that because they've perceived things like that, it was their reality at the time, making it real to them. Which in my opinion IS real enough... We're so obsessed with knowing what's real and what's right and wrong. If it's not the majority experiencing it, it's not real enough.

That's how we look at things but that's wrong.

--------------------

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
    #11635396 - 12/12/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Povlovich said:
Right... and one can say that because they've perceived things like that, it was their reality at the time, making it real to them. Which in my opinion IS real enough... We're so obsessed with knowing what's real and what's right and wrong. If it's not the majority experiencing it, it's not real enough.

Not really. To be more accurate, things are defined as not real if they are only subjectively true and not objectively, whereas objective truth stands out as truthful in all frames of reference. That is to say solidly proven truth is always true whereas those perceptions are not necessarily truthful in other or indeed the majority of frames of reference. It doesn't matter about a majority of observers, if something is true then 1 other observer is all that's neecded.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: crkhd]
    #11635414 - 12/12/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

crkhd said:
Quote:

Povlovich said:

Not really. To be more accurate, things are defined as not real if they are only subjectively true and not objectively, whereas objective truth stands out as truthful in all frames of reference. That is to say solidly proven truth is always true whereas those perceptions are not necessarily truthful in other or indeed the majority of frames of reference. It doesn't matter about a majority of observers, if something is true then 1 other observer is all that's neecded.

Right, if you saw a dragon tomorrow, touched it, smelled it, rode it, even licked it, but nobody else did, and it suddenly vanished into thin air with no evidence it was ever there in the first place. Chances are, no matter HOW real it was to you, you would have to concede you just went totally insane.
Luckily stuff like that doesn't happen, but that's an example of real vs fake.
If its only real to you, its not real enough.

Its inconvenient, but looking at shit this way is an excellent way to enjoy nature. Even though I know that might sound impossible.

--------------------

Edited by Thisfire (12/12/09 10:17 AM)

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #11635420 - 12/12/09 10:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in real or unreal, only what I perceive.

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #11635744 - 12/12/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

even licked it

mmmmmmmm... dragon.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: solstice]
    #11635975 - 12/12/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in spiritualism, but I believe in spirituality.

What I mean by that is I don't believe in "spirits". I don't believe in the paranormal. All I believe in is this aspect of humanity, this ability to question, this higher plain of thinking, which all humans possess. I believe in self. That is what spirituality is, for me. As an aside, spirituality is almost the antithesis of materialism - as people lose themselves in the pursuit of wealth, they often shed some of their spirituality. No-one is a mindless drone to material possessions, however, so everyone has a degree of spirituality.

I don't believe in a soul, I don't believe in higher entities; I just believe in the complexity of humans and humanity. There is nothing paranormal or extrasensory in my eyes. I don't feel that trips are a special key to spirituality, just that they give a different level of thinking which, coincidentally, sometimes allows us to fabricate answers, some ridiculous but others plausible.

Any, I post this mainly to highlight the ambiguity in the word "spiritual". I have an extensive dictionary, but here are two (of many) meanings it gives for the word in its adjectival form:

"Concerned with spirits or supernatural beings."
"Of the mind etc.: highly refined; sensitive; not concerned with material things."

I like to refer to the former as "spiritualistic" or even "spiritistic", but this is of course nothing definitive. I just wish English language had separate words to dichotomise these two, rather different, meanings.

I'm not actually sure exactly why I've posted this, just something I need to get off my chest.

Understand that whilst spiritualism is not something I am open to at all, I have no problems with your believing in it.

OfflinePovlovich
Stranger

Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: Sheeno]
    #11647250 - 12/14/09 06:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well chances are that none of this really exists anyway. So real v. fake don't mean anything.

--------------------

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

#11647264 - 12/14/09 06:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

True, but I find life enjoyable and worth trying to find out all its little secrets if I can :laugh:
If its fake, I wouldn't be upset.

--------------------

OfflinePovlovich
Stranger

#11647296 - 12/14/09 07:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh trust me... though I believe that this reality is most likely an illusion, I plan on enjoying this illusion as much as possible.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#11696615 - 12/22/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Someone posted this in a different thread and i thought it could apply here ...

"It fucking terrifies me traveling up those things. My mind wont allow me to remember what happens when I get to the top and I honestly dont wanna know.

They dont mess with you until you've opened your third eye. For this reason I regret doing it. " - Anon

in reference to UFO's...  I think it's a very interesting idea  that the most likely people to see ufo's are people that have their third eye and more so that they may be more likely to notice you, maybe from your vibes or something,  assuming your interested..        When I think of my third eye it gives me the idea of being connected to the forces  of the world  :twirlyface:

Edited by skatealex2 (12/22/09 12:56 AM)

OfflineIstigkeit
Good Vibrations
Male

Loc: Across The Universe
Re: Spirit World & Psychedelic drugs [Re: skatealex2]
    #11696669 - 12/22/09 01:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

There was a study conducted that showed schizophrenics and people on psychedelics weren't fooled by the hollow mask illusion :biggrin:
Also:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order