Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Marflix]
    #17034416 - 10/15/12 10:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Marflix said:
which neither of us have time for.

just tell us how dmt cured your illness

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMarflix

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: k00laid]
    #17034442 - 10/15/12 10:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

[removed post]

Edited by Marflix (09/19/21 07:42 AM)

InvisibleMarflix

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Marflix]
    #17034457 - 10/15/12 10:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

[removed post]

Edited by Marflix (09/19/21 07:42 AM)

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#17034637 - 10/15/12 11:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

no i do believe you, im just dense and needed it pointed out to me.

i agree psychedelics can be amazing therapy.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#17036283 - 10/15/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Marflix said:
And, you know, this stuff IS common sense. I'm not claiming to have found some hidden alien knowledge. It's almost too simple, like most truths. But sometimes it takes a specific way of being shown things (sometimes for the tenth time) that it finally hits you, like the idea of instant enlightenment. I'm also not claiming that DMT was the only possible tool of understanding, but learning that sober may not have ever happened, and certainly not this early in my life.

I can appreciate, understand, and respect that.  I hope you continue on such a path.  Thanks.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: joemolloy]
    #17036726 - 10/15/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Can DMT teach you stuff? Short answer, I would say yes. It can. WILL it teach you something, as in, will every user come back wiser from each trip? Probably not. If it didn't work for you, it may not be your way, or you didn't do it enough times.

Long answer follows below:

In my case, I only had a low quality, very, very, very small dose available. I smoked it and it showed me this:

What I can best identify as that tunnel people see in a coma, some alternate vision of reality, with the big white light not being a sun, but the Source (as in, source of everything. Big Bang, whatever).

Due to the very low quality and quantity, it was like watching a very good show on a very very bad TV, with poor transmission.

What it did teach me however, is that DMT is a fantastic method of exploring other realms, and that if I go to Peru for some Ayahuasca, that will be time well spent. I couldn't go to Peru, due to financial reasons, but I did go to The Netherlands, where Santo Daime offers ceremonies legally.

The Ayahuasca (which I took about 5 months ago now) made lasting changes to my energy levels, body language, and attitude about life. The body language part is the most "measurable" for me, if that's something you're looking for.

Specifically, dancing. In all my years on this planet, I was very, very rarely (and for short periods only) loose enough to be able to dance, especially at parties. I've always been the guy standing still, with a glass of something to occupy my nervous hands. Even when I'd add some alcohol into the mix, I could dance, but there was always a sense of nervousness in the back of my mind. Then Salvia gave me a severe alcohol aversion, and that's the last alcohol I ever drank. No dancing happening that way.

Mushrooms loosened me up completely, very chill indeed, but that effect went away with the trip. Never have I been able to go into a party on a clear head and be loose enough to let go and dance like you see at the Love Parade or festivals.

After the Aya session, I'm dancing pretty much all the time, loose and chill, skipping like Red Riding Hood through the forest. Not sure how this sounds here in a post, but let me assure you, from my perspective it is a completely different experience of life.

:raveface: :dancingbacon: :dancingbacon: :dancingbacon: :raveface:

Most people might be able to dance if they have to, but few people feel good enough to do it frequently during each day. It's not the dancing that's important, but the changes in brain chemistry and outlook on life, that lead to dancing out of the blue. Most shrinks would not have a job if everybody had this covered.

The second Ayahuasca trip did give me some theoretical knowledge as well. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, I will put it in a post. It had to do with geometry, design, architecture and so on. My question during the trip was about painting, but the answer involved the wall the painting hangs on, the house it's in, the city the house is part of, and so on and so forth. It's all useable knowledge, very relevant to our material reality here.

So DMT, smoked, no idea if you learn from it. It just told me to go get Ayahuasca.
Ayahuasca, taken in ceremony, yes it can teach you a lot and optimize quite a few things about your mind and body. Highly recommended. As we speak I am planning to move to the Netherlands, so I can take it twice monthly.

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflineOMGitsBigCheeze
Grandmaster cat petter
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Spacerific]
    #17036754 - 10/15/12 05:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

For me when I smoked DMT, I had the sensation of being skyrocketed vertically up through a plane of prismatic neon lasers and then had a birds eye view of an enormous fractal.

--------------------
"Fuck that Morpheus, I'm takin em both!"                                                     
                                -Cheeze

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: OMGitsBigCheeze]
    #17036812 - 10/15/12 05:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

dont bother going to peru, make your oral dmt at home.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #17037136 - 10/15/12 06:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Marflix said:
And, you know, this stuff IS common sense. I'm not claiming to have found some hidden alien knowledge. It's almost too simple, like most truths. But sometimes it takes a specific way of being shown things (sometimes for the tenth time) that it finally hits you, like the idea of instant enlightenment.

Now THAT I can agree with!  Sometimes one can have an epiphany that honestly, was so self-evident all along...but in that one instant, becomes so vivid, clear, and compelling that it becomes a life-lesson.

Good for you!  I earnestly hope it results in an dramatic enhancement in your life!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: k00laid]
    #17037745 - 10/15/12 07:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
dont bother going to peru, make your oral dmt at home.

Having been in two Santo Daime ceremonies, I would say that the ceremony and how you take the substance is very, very important. By the way before I went and did some aya, I figured ceremony is just hype. Now after the fact I think it's very significant.

Also there might be other reasons to visit Peru, not just Aya. During the Boom 2012 festival I found out about a plant that goes together with Ayahuasca, specifically for art purposes.

A young Peruvian artist working with the Shipibo tribe talked about their "Art Plant". I've seen his work, and it completely blew me away. Even among a group of Aya shaman painters, his pieces were miles ahead. Kind of like if you're a pro fighter, you can tell for sure when the other guy has been using steroids, because his strength/speed/whatever, is inhuman, far off the scale. Places where no normal training could ever take you.

Well this guy had that, but on the art side. He was in his early 20s, and better than people who have been painting for many decades. It wasn't just the Aya alone I would say. Since I'm also an artist and want to specialize on visionary art, that intrigued me enough to consider visiting the Shipibo.

I'm sure that people with millenia of traditions in psychedelic plant use, will have quite a few tricks up their sleeve.

The artist's name, in case anybody is curious, is Juan Carlos Taminchi.

--------------------

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Spacerific]
    #17039633 - 10/16/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

art is way too subjective for that to make any sense.

--------------------

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

#17040173 - 10/16/12 05:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
art is way too subjective for that to make any sense.

Not sure if you're referring to my post, but if you are, I would say it's not about liking a piece of art. The level of complexity for instance, is not that subjective. Look at an Alex Grey or Robert Venosa, and compare that to a non-visionary painting. If you put an artist's piece between a Grey and a Venosa, and it holds its own in terms of complexity and trippy feel, I'd venture a guess the guy has been tripping a few times, on pretty good stuff. The level of complexity and also the sheer novelty found in strong trips is hard to just "come up with" on a Thursday on a clear head, no matter how well you can draw or paint.

An athlete or coach would notice these things about their particular sport, I've noticed it about this guy's art. This young guy had his stuff up between 2 other Ayahuasca shamans, both older and more experienced than him in both tripping and painting. IMO it held its own very, very well. The only thing he had that the others didn't, is this specific Shipibo art plant, taken 5 days before his Ayahuasca.
-
Not sure about you, but I am not taking that plant off my to-do list until I've done it :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#17040868 - 10/16/12 09:41 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug: i don't have a to do list.

--------------------

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

#17041379 - 10/16/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
:shrug: i don't have a to do list.

How about a substances-to-do list?  :cosmicpony:

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#17041573 - 10/16/12 12:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i dont have one of those either.

i'd like to smoke some weed in the near future.

thats about all i got planned.

--------------------

OfflineSaint Marcus
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17041655 - 10/16/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ayahuasca cured my alcoholism...I have never faced something so dark and it was extremely healing. Scary as fuck at the time tho

InvisibleWheat farmer
Female

Loc: The field Flag
Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Saint Marcus]
    #17042043 - 10/16/12 01:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've read that all psychs are pretty similar at LARGE doses.

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: dmt talk....main question being...can/does smoking DMT actualy teach people anything bout reality? [Re: Wheat farmer]
    #17042144 - 10/16/12 01:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

One thing's for sure, they all cure boredom  :tripping:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies