Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrissi
Stranger

First success - grow log with pics
    #8927713 - 09/14/08 08:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, this is my cat's first successful grow and just thought I'd share it with everyone.

The conditions: 3 cakes in a black lock box, no holes, no window, light attached to the lid inside.  Yes I know, shotgun fc is king, but my cat is aiming for something a little more covert.  He's not worried about his housemates, but he's worried about random unexpected visitors.  If the box is locked they have no reason to go through it.

He does fan and mist several times per day.  It's extremely low tech.  2 or 3 inches of perlite in the bottom.

He dunked them on Sept 1, birthed into the fc on Sept 2.  Exactly 1 week later on Sept 9 he saw two pins on cake #2.  He assumed that since there were no other pins on any of the cakes that these were too early and would abort... well they sure proved him wrong, they're still growing now.

Those first pins are the biggest mushrooms you can see now.  He took these pics 2 days ago (Sept 12) and they're still bigger now.  It looks like the big one is ready to be picked tomorrow.

I'm super impressed with cake #1.  So many little shroomies growing, and they don't seem to be aborting.

He's got a fan and some silica beads ready for drying.

Well, that's all.  I might be able to strangle my cat and force him to post more pics later.  Thanks for looking :smile:

Edited by Chrissi (09/14/08 08:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaven0us
Soldier
Male User Gallery

Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: Chrissi]
    #8927726 - 09/14/08 08:40 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

awesome cat!!!

--------------------
~Raven0us

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: Raven0us]
    #8927733 - 09/14/08 08:42 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, I love him, he's a little weird, hides in the basement behind a locked door and won't let me in on anything he's doing... but this time he gave me some pics.  :thumbup:

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #8927921 - 09/14/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Congrats. You could probably use some more perlite. Update later with a harvest pic? :sun: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: Psuper]
    #8927933 - 09/14/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

With a pinset like that i doubt he needs more perlite. Nice work

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8927954 - 09/14/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

They would also probably benefit from not being secured up in a lock box without any FAE, lol. They're probably going to be pretty small, but best of luck. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineHazeyRoms
The Pro Sonn
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: Psuper]
    #8928398 - 09/14/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Paranoia is never a good 'tek'

-Don't do it if you are not allowed to..

--------------------
-Sonn, Hazey here. And I'm bacc. Anyone in Wisconsin, PM me. Unity my nillas/niggas.

-"5 Nike duffle bags??? How much does all that weigh?? - Just 30 pounds Bruhh, relax my nilla, it don't stink like weed so we're all good."-(Penis Envy Moments)-

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: HazeyRoms]
    #8929204 - 09/14/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Small?  I dunno... my cat posted some pics of what they look like today and they don't look like they're staying small.

He realizes the FAE may be lacking but he's making do with what he can, and fanning/misting several times per day.  Due to circumstances he simply can't have a box with holes in it.

I think he's doing alright though :thumbup:

If you check out that last one.... there's a mushroom growing on top of a mushroom :blush: I didn't even know they did that!

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

#8929278 - 09/14/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HazeyRoms said:
Paranoia is never a good 'tek'

-Don't do it if you are not allowed to..

It's nothing to do with the house, but the region of earth in which my cat's basement resides.  In most regions, the growing of psilocybin-containing mushrooms is illegal.  Of course, he's not at liberty to say whether he is growing that type of mushroom, or whether the laws in his country allow him to grow that type of mushroom.

OfflineHazeyRoms
The Pro Sonn
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
    #8929364 - 09/14/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

-So, and your 'cats' house is really yours. And if it is at his house, it is yours b/ he would just be up here posting instead of you. As for him not saying he is growing cubes, those are pictures of Ps. Cubensis, no way I am incorrect there. So if those pictures you state your 'cat' is growing then yes those are the illegal kind of mushrooms.

-So basically, dont be paranoid.

-As for your picture, they look nice, but they will stay small. Being enclosed in a Honeywell style lockbox. So you are doing the PF-Tek via "closed in sufficated FC tek" So the fruits will stay small.

-If you were in a friendly residence, you wouldn't worry about people stealing or seeing your specimens that are obviously illegal.

-Not to argue, just your points are invalid. Yes growing mushrooms that contain psilocybin or psilcycin are illegal almost everywhere in the world. That is a factor you will have to adjust to if that is the ONLY reason you practice this hobby for..
:muahaha:

--------------------
-Sonn, Hazey here. And I'm bacc. Anyone in Wisconsin, PM me. Unity my nillas/niggas.

-"5 Nike duffle bags??? How much does all that weigh?? - Just 30 pounds Bruhh, relax my nilla, it don't stink like weed so we're all good."-(Penis Envy Moments)-

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

#8929460 - 09/14/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Don't think I quite get you.  He lives in a friendly area and the housemates are friendly.  However, there's always a chance that someone who ISN'T friendly could stop by and complain.

They don't have to be invited in.

Think about it.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #8931577 - 09/15/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HazeyRoms said:
-So, and your 'cats' house is really yours. And if it is at his house, it is yours b/ he would just be up here posting instead of you. As for him not saying he is growing cubes, those are pictures of Ps. Cubensis, no way I am incorrect there. So if those pictures you state your 'cat' is growing then yes those are the illegal kind of mushrooms.

-So basically, dont be paranoid.

-As for your picture, they look nice, but they will stay small. Being enclosed in a Honeywell style lockbox. So you are doing the PF-Tek via "closed in sufficated FC tek" So the fruits will stay small.

-If you were in a friendly residence, you wouldn't worry about people stealing or seeing your specimens that are obviously illegal.

-Not to argue, just your points are invalid. Yes growing mushrooms that contain psilocybin or psilcycin are illegal almost everywhere in the world. That is a factor you will have to adjust to if that is the ONLY reason you practice this hobby for..
:muahaha:

Whew!  you are BRUTAL!

If you've got something to say....Why not send a PM?  Why put a members head on the world wide "Chopping Block"?  Seriously...

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineLeadwing
King in my own Mind
Male User Gallery

Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #8931844 - 09/15/08 04:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

ROFL yeah brutal much?
Poor cat!
Is it ilegal for cats to eat magic mushrooms anyway?
Never heard of a law that prevents non-homosapians from growing and munching on a few shrooms. ^^

--------------------
Grab every second given to you and make love to it.

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

Re: First success - grow log with pics [Re: Leadwing]
    #8931906 - 09/15/08 05:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am wondering how long most mushrooms grow - it looks like my biggie is going to top out at 5 inches. He was nearly 4 yesterday, he's 4 and a half now, and isn't quite finished like I thought he'd be.  Either tonight or tomorrow.. hopefully I can harvest my first shroomy... :grin: :mushroom2:

At this rate he might start intimidating my cat....!! :rofl:

OfflineDafonDantes
Wizard
Male User Gallery

#8931948 - 09/15/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah HazeyRoms, way to be a jerk. That was unwarranted.

OP, looks like if you keep fanning/misting as much as you are you'll be fine man. Nice little harvest for having them in a box :smile:

--------------------

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Go, then. There are other worlds than this." - Stephen King

*THE ABOVE POST IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS*

Offlinestinkfoot4
jesting host. tea anyone?
Male

Loc: maine
    #11511954 - 11/23/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i sugguest you buy this cat lunch

--------------------
i don't know, but i know i don't know. i'm sure i know this.  if you can't grow it don't take it

it wants me to get involved, but i won't. if i get involved why would i come back? I'll just set here and watch. it will be better for now to stay here. but i sure would like to get involved...

osmosis is a dandy learning stratidgy.
some say, some ask, some know

i cant spell dele with it
don't fool with me baby, you wouldn't last five minutes in my head

don't laugh at me, that's my job

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck