Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: Silversoul]
    #11435455 - 11/11/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Daaaaaaaamn homie!

Pwn3d.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: memes]
    #11435506 - 11/11/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

CO2 acts as a greenhouse gas = fact.
CO2 causes acidification of oceans = fact.

Thats all I'm going to say.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: Silversoul]
    #11436478 - 11/11/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
It's interesting that you posted an article from Skeptic magazine.  Did you know that the Editor-in-chief of that magazine, Michael Shermer, changed his position on global warming when presented with the evidence?

As for the article's claim that models are unreliable, that claim is addressed here.  In fact, search the rest of that site for any objection you may have to global warming.

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why there hasn't been a single peer-reviewed scientific article in the past few decades that contradicts the anthropogenic hypothesis.

the evidence is not overwhelming because many other explanations MAY exist; if the evidence supporting anthropogenic CO2 global-warming-causation were so overwhelming, it wouldn't be so commonly disputed and questioned.

a topic like this boils down to "which reason for explanation seems MOST likely true" and i simply disagree (as do the articles I posted) with anthropogenic CO2 being responsible for the shifting climate and i disagree with the blatant fear mongering that accompanies it.

face it, anthropogenic co2 induced global warming IS NOT PROVEN. if it were, i wouldn't have had a reason to create this thread.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #11436767 - 11/11/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemistry said:

Thats all I'm going to say.

Word.

Henry's law.  Partial Pressure of CO2 in the air creates an effect where H2CO3* is formed (carbonic acid).

Concentration in solution is directly related to the partial pressure of CO2 in the atmosphere, divided by Henry's Law constant (which is different for different substances).

As far as the greenhouse gas and the effects that has...Meh.

Solar rays bouncing OFF of the clouds and reflecting away from Earth would, theoretically, cause the planet to cool...
But then if they get through the gases, and can't escape, that'd cause the planet to warm...But I'd imagine that it's "keeping out" effect would reduce the "keeping in" effect quite a bit, in the first place...

It's all speculation.  My advice:  Buy good land, grow your own food from heirloom seeds and take care of your parents (if they wish for you to) when they can no longer take care of yourself.

$0.02

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: Tri High]
    #11436964 - 11/11/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Word.

Henry's law.  Partial Pressure of CO2 in the air creates an effect where H2CO3* is formed (carbonic acid).

Concentration in solution is directly related to the partial pressure of CO2 in the atmosphere, divided by Henry's Law constant (which is different for different substances).

Ha.

Yes, I learned about that this year in my water chemistry class. My professor also showed as a global map of ocean pHs, and how much they have changed over the past 200 years. The average change was around 0.3-0.4 decrease in pH.

I don't know how these scientists got data for pH of the ocean 200 years ago. I'm sure they are extrapolating, which is sketchy at best.

My stance on anthropomorphic CO2 is simple. The Earth is our home, not a chemical laboratory. Whether global CO2 emissions are factoring into global warming is irrelevant. It is irresponsible of us to be tipping the balance of Earth's natural equilibrium. And that IS what we are doing. We need to, at the very least, be aware of how the by-products of our society are affecting that equilibrium.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineLucidx
No longer a stranger

Loc: Mars...
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #11437024 - 11/11/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey why don't we all hop off of the dipshit wagon and just look around and realize humans are destroying the world due to the simple fact that... we are fuckin destroying the world.

You need to be blind to not be able to see that emissions and air pollution are what is causing global warming, you need to be blind to not see that humans have pretty much exhausted this planet already.

--------------------
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: Lucidx]
    #11437038 - 11/11/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

We shit where we eat and sleep.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Invisiblemillar
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #11437106 - 11/11/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am not entering this to debate the issue of whether or not this is caused by humans. I think that the credible, mainstream, peer reviewed science has said enough without one more jackass who has no publications and no letters after his name adding his opinion.

What I do have to debate is the comment by Syle above:
Quote:

if the evidence supporting anthropogenic CO2 global-warming-causation were so overwhelming, it wouldn't be so commonly disputed and questioned.

Are you really that naive? Many things that should be cut-and-dried are debated because of that wonderful motivating factor: profit. You can't deny that there are massive industries that stand to gain from denying global warming. Is that why it's debated? I'm not making a claim one way or the other. All I'm saying, is that assuming that just because there's a debate, the answer isn't clear, is foolish.

Again, to reiterate and clarify: I'm not making any claims about global warming. I'm not making any claims about the motive of those who deny it. All I'm saying, is that there exists a *possible* motive for debate that has nothing to do with whether there is any doubt. And for you to deny it, is insupportable.

Edit: Sorry Syle, I got your name wrong as "Style" above. Now corrected.

Edited by millar (11/11/09 10:05 PM)

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: millar]
    #11437203 - 11/11/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The claims that humans have nothing to do with global warming is what the government wants you to think!!!!! Im going to put my tin hat back on.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: millar]
    #11437217 - 11/11/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

if the evidence supporting anthropogenic CO2 global-warming-causation were so overwhelming, it wouldn't be so commonly disputed and questioned.

yeh no offense but syle that is such a fallacious argument.

you shouldn't be telling anyone they are wrong after that little number :shrug:

credibility; munted

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is....... [Re: AntiEverything]
    #11437354 - 11/11/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What would life on earth earth be without carbon and oxygen?

non existent.

life = carbon,  oxygen,  water,  and sunlight.

obviously "unnatural" pollution isn't good,  but global warming could very well be because of the sun,  or magnetic fields.

I have yet to see any clear consensus on what's causing global warming,  that is assuming the average earth temperature is actually rising.

They just simply haven't been studying it long, consistently, and thoroughly enough.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #11439104 - 11/12/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why there hasn't been a single peer-reviewed scientific article in the past few decades that contradicts the anthropogenic hypothesis.

that is simply not true...

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~wsoon/myownPapers-d/Aug27-PIPGreview2003.pdf

http://www.springerlink.com/content/t341350850360302/

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/278/5341/1257

http://www.int-res.com/articles/cr2002/22/c022p187.pdf

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~wsoon/myownPapers-d/Soonetal01CR.pdf

the science isn't settled, these articles show why, hence why it is a legitimate topic to discuss, and why i am still arguing it. stop calling me naive when any of you fail to show me PROOF of anthropogenic global warming.

excessive human induced pollution? yes. unnecessary man-made destruction of the environment? hell yes. but anthropogenic induced global warming? i don't believe so, no. it's not proven no matter how much any of you may think so.

also, my opinion isn't that we aren't in a climate shift at all, it's simply "lets take a step back, take a breath, and really figure out what's going on here before we give in to political and profiteering fear mongering".

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is..... [Re: Syle]
    #11439116 - 11/12/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol, "skeptic.com" doesn't believe in it?

--------------------

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#11439128 - 11/12/09 08:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemistry said:

Also, we're cutting down trees at an alarming rate, thus destroying the devices that remove CO2. Fact.

--------------------

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Wapakz]
    #11439521 - 11/12/09 09:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:54 AM)

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #11439535 - 11/12/09 10:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:54 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies