Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: zeronio]
    #1580913 - 05/27/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some reference to his articles about Psilocybes:

Verduin, S. & M.E. Noordeloos. 1995. Experimentele taxonomie van Psilocybe (Kaalkopjes).Coolia 38: 167-169.
Noordeloos, M.E. 1995. Notulae ad floram agaricinam neerlandicam-XXIII. Psilocybe and Pholiota. Persoonia 16: 127-130.
Bas, C. & M.E. Noordeloos. 1996. Notulae ad floram agaricinam neerlandicam XXIX. Two new species of Psilocybe. Persoonia 16: 239-244.
Noordeloos, M.E. 1998. Pholiota, Psilocybe, and Panaeolus. Fungi non delineati, pars. IV: 1-48. Mykoflora, Saronno.
Noordeloos, M. E. 1999. Notulae ad floram agaricinam neerlandicam-XXXIV. Further notes on Psilocybe. Persoonia 17: 245-257.
Noordeloos, M.E. 2001. Studies in Psilocybe sect. Psilocybe. ?sterr. Z. Pilzk. 10: 115-180.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1581013 - 05/27/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocybine and Psilocine are illegal in most European countries including the Nederlands. Although the fresh shrooms are not illegal. Researchers still need a permit and liscense for dried shrooms.

Gartz in Germany almost went to jail int he 1990s for selling cultures across Germany's borders to Amsterdam growers. He almost lost his job and position at the University of Leipzig.

And Nooderloos has worked on Pilocybes and has since gone on to other things.

Here is the response I jut got form a long time colelageue who did much work for me in Switzerland.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From Tjakko Stijve regarding a new Psilocybe species from Thailand..

Dear John
I am afraid I can't help in publishing your new PSILOCYBE from Thailand
First and foremost, I am not a competent mycologist. Furthermore, I
can't do any analyses for the active principles. My licence to work
with
psilocin/psilocybin expired 10 years ago! Moreover, I have no access to
the Nestl? laboratories anymore...
I must even abandon my AGARICUS BLAZEI project, just now we have found
bactericidal compounds in it!
Well, there's nothing I can do about it. I am 66 years old and I should
stop playing the lone researcher.

Tjakko

Edited by mjshroomer for content and privacy.

Tjakko did many chemical analysis for me in the early 1990s. I even brought him as a guest speaker at one of the many Breittenbush annual mushroom conferences along with Karl L. R. Jansen from New Zealand.

While he is a mycologist, he does not consider himself to be a certified one. Although he has written hundreds of papers on shrooms and their chemical analysis. He basically looks fore trace elements in mushrooms.
Mj
I have about fifty of his shroom papers and many journal pubklication reprints he sends me and dozens of great photos of edible European shrooms.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (05/27/03 09:53 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1583503 - 05/28/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's too bad. :frown: I thought that it was different here...

I met few mycologists in my country and they all said that they're not competent (certified) enough to publish papers about new species. I wonder who are competent mycologists? I have a feeling that competent mycologists are those who declare themselves as such.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1584316 - 05/28/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Zeronio,

There are thousands of new species of everything growing you can think of deposited in Universtiy herbariums all over the world which sit there for years. You really need to be in college and inthese particulatr fields to have an interst in certain species and then be willing to work on them. AS for the psilocybian species, inthe USA uyou would need a schedule one permit to work with the Psilocybe mushrooms which contain psilocine or psilocybine.

In fact in most countries you would stll need such a permit ebcause they all follow USA laws on keepinfg such items illegal and away from legitmate research.

It would take one knowning peronally someone intersted int hat partiicular field to do taxonomy on such species.

And as I noted, most mycologists are super straight, although they all personally usually known someone interested in Psilocybes for their interesting effects but not enough to publish a paper on the subject.

It is nothing against the shrooms buit more against those who like such shrooms.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1584323 - 05/28/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Regarding the picking of wild mushrooms in punblic places.

It is actually illegal to pick any plants or shroms from any public places inthe city of Seattle and in most public lands throughout the USA. THey are protected by statues. Years ago they use to bust Hari Krishnas for stealing the flowers they sold atr airports from public places.

mj

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: Gumby]
    #1584739 - 05/28/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Great pictures Gumby!!

Also, some really valuable information MJ, thanks for sharing...

Offlineprettykitty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: Gumby]
    #11028274 - 09/09/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hey I was wondering about those "new" species, are they edible? we have alot of them here in Iceland and Im kinda new at all this mushroom hunting :smile:

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: prettykitty]
    #11028295 - 09/09/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You'll need a time machine to ask the contributers in this thread. It's more than 6 years old. :facepalm:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11028398 - 09/09/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

sorry i'm late, what did i miss?

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: New Psilocybe species and weilii(TONS OF PICS!) [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11031482 - 09/09/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
You'll need a time machine to ask the contributers in this thread. It's more than 6 years old. :facepalm:

:lol:

I'm still around, just don't frequent the hunting forum anymore.

As far as their edibility, yes Psilocybe atlantis (mushrooms pictured) are confirmed as being active but I don't know the dosage info. Potent from what I've heard.

But there is no way they are growing in Iceland. These things grow only in a very specific habitat in Georgia. Sandy flood planes covered in plants. Hard as shit to find.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder