Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdmiral Amanita
New guy!
Male

Loc: On dry land
About to try some morning glory seeds
    #10845766 - 08/12/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I purchased some "Improved Heavenly Blue" morning glory seeds. I have about 200 (6 grams) of of them now just waiting for me. I've never really done any sort of hallucinogen previously. I've smoked weed, done cocaine, and done nutmeg previously (nutmeg and cocaine only twice each). I'm about 6 ft tall and weigh roughly 250 lbs. What's the best way for me to try these and what sort of trip should I expect? I've done my research on erowid and haven't decided between just chewing them up and eating them or doing an extraction. Obviously, doing an extraction would lessen the effects as opposed to just eating the whole seed. What I've had trouble finding though is if there is a way for me to clean off the pesticides and whatnot from the seed without doing an extraction.

I'm fine with headaches, stomach cramping, and even vomiting so long as it isn't a whole bunch of it. Although a lot of things I have read are generally the same, I'd like to hear suggestions from REAL people who can attest to from experiences rather than reading an article somewhere.

Is 200 enough? Should I go get more? Let me hear it all people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdmiral Amanita
New guy!
Male

Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: Admiral Amanita]
    #10845822 - 08/12/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I read somewhere that crushing up the seeds and parachuting them with applesauce with some dramamine would help to get rid of the nausea. Is there any truth to this? If so, how much dramamine should I use?

Edited by Admiral Amanita (08/12/09 01:11 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10845846 - 08/12/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Admiral Amanita said:
I read somewhere that crushing up the seeds and parachuting them with applesauce with some dramamine would help to get rid of the nausea. Is there any truth to this? If so, how much dramamine should I use?

dont do this. For one, BAD idea to consume the seeds, for two, dramamine sucks, and has negative side effects of its own, you don't want to add that to morning glory, when ginger root pwns the shit out of dramamine

Do this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10660740#10660740

if you knew the difference between what you seem to be planning on doing, and this, you would thank me.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: the bizzle]
    #10845876 - 08/12/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

always gotta reference your MG method don't you bizzle

haha just kidding, actually it is a pretty good one

--------------------

i am caustic

Offlinethe bizzle

#10845882 - 08/12/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you should use more than 200...preferably 300 for a decent dose, depending on the quality of the seeds, but you don't want to push it too much further than that until you know the strength of what you are working with. The trip is somewhat like LSD although more lucid. It can get VERY visual depending on the strength. It is a trip that centers around introspection and insights into the "self", and with proper set and setting is very euphoric

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: silosighbin]
    #10845893 - 08/12/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silosighbin said:
always gotta reference your MG method don't you bizzle

haha just kidding, actually it is a pretty good one

it's not self-promotion. I have a deep love for morning glory, and that method is far better than most other methods, which usually result in people talking down about morning glory, and missing out on one of the most life-changing trips possible.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (08/12/09 01:21 PM)

OfflineAdmiral Amanita
New guy!
Male

#10845970 - 08/12/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That sounds like a good method. I've read places that someone was able to have a real solid level 3 trip off of 200 seeds while others have have a real low level 2 trip off the same amount. So I guess it depends a lot on the batch of seeds, huh? Unfortunately I can't head back out now and get more. NO time and no money. Would 200 still present a decent trip? Guesstimating, of course.

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
    #10846025 - 08/12/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Admiral Amanita said:
That sounds like a good method. I've read places that someone was able to have a real solid level 3 trip off of 200 seeds while others have have a real low level 2 trip off the same amount. So I guess it depends a lot on the batch of seeds, huh? Unfortunately I can't head back out now and get more. NO time and no money. Would 200 still present a decent trip? Guesstimating, of course.

It all depends, man. just be as efficient as possible with the extraction and waste NOTHING... even the tiniest spill can make a trip weaker :shrug:

--------------------

i am caustic

Offlinethe bizzle

#10846027 - 08/12/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It'll still be worthwhile. Don't count on a "trip" per say, but even a good low/moderate dose brings incredible clarity of mind and can be very therapeutic. Almost like a much wiser MDMA-type feeling. Have oranges handy to make the most of the trip...I don't know how to explain, but about an hour or so into it, there is a moment where it feels like, now is the time to suck on some oranges to really make the most of it. It really does make a difference. Drink orange juice at that point also, but fresh oranges (or lemons too, i'd guess) are significantly better.

You wont quite get the full experience, but it'll definitely be worth it.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (08/12/09 01:39 PM)

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10846069 - 08/12/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

200 might be enough for a good trip if you ground them up and swallowed them, but that would be an awful thing to do to yourself.  you could get something out of a cold water extraction on 200 but it's not gonna be anything strong. 

to give you an example: i did a CWE (with orange juice) on 160 seeds a couple of nights ago (i had some left over from planting and figured why not).  i wasted a lot of juice in the filtering process (which is always a bitch for me).  it hit pretty quickly and i was a little giddy with mild euphoria for about 45min.  had a nice big smile on my face.  then i was sedated for the next five hours or so.  no bad side effects other than paradoxical sleeplessness. 

i'd imagine that you would get around the same results with 200 and a CWE.  if you can get more sometime in the future though, i'd go for it.  at least it can give you practice doing the extraction and confidence that it's not gonna kill you for when you do higher doses.

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: asagao]
    #10846120 - 08/12/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

asagao said:
200 might be enough for a good trip if you ground them up and swallowed them, but that would be an awful thing to do to yourself.  you could get something out of a cold water extraction on 200 but it's not gonna be anything strong. 

to give you an example: i did a CWE (with orange juice) on 160 seeds a couple of nights ago (i had some left over from planting and figured why not).  i wasted a lot of juice in the filtering process (which is always a bitch for me).  it hit pretty quickly and i was a little giddy with mild euphoria for about 45min.  had a nice big smile on my face.  then i was sedated for the next five hours or so.  no bad side effects other than paradoxical sleeplessness. 

i'd imagine that you would get around the same results with 200 and a CWE.  if you can get more sometime in the future though, i'd go for it.  at least it can give you practice doing the extraction and confidence that it's not gonna kill you for when you do higher doses.

There are a ton of factors that can ruin a CWE.

Also, the filtering process can be pretty darn easy if you do it right. Use either a fine metal strainer, (somebody suggested a paint filter works good), or filter it in sections using a coffee filter to filter a small portion of it each time. When the portion stops seeming to filter, grab all the sides of the coffee filter and hold them closed so nothing spills out, and use your hands to force the rest to drain through. If you do this right, VERY minimal loss.

This is why I keep linking my method.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10846136 - 08/12/09 01:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I did the Bizzle-Tek on Saturday with 500 seeds for a nice trip.

It was my first time with MGs, so I don't know what to compare it to.

It was definitely mild compared to shrooms, DMT, or LSD.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10846153 - 08/12/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
I did the Bizzle-Tek on Saturday with 500 seeds for a nice trip.

It was my first time with MGs, so I don't know what to compare it to.

It was definitely mild compared to shrooms, DMT, or LSD.

but you didn't really do 500...you did 250 and then re-dosed (not to mention the tap-water in your tea could have affected it)... MG isn't the most re-dosable...it works muuuuuuuch better in one shot. It has more of a tolerance issue than other psychedelics

plus you might have just had some weak seeds :shrug:...I've had 300 from one batch do more than 800 from another

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (08/12/09 01:58 PM)

OfflineAdmiral Amanita
New guy!
Male

Re: About to try some morning glory seeds [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10846182 - 08/12/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So I'm assuming that 300-350 seeds would be a good medium. If it's a weak batch, it will still give me some sort of enlightenment, and if it's a strong batch, then I can have anywhere from a moderate to strong trip?

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10847039 - 08/12/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

filtering with only a metal strainer is an awful idea.  the time that i only did a metal strainer filtering was the only time that i ever got violently ill from an LSA plant (HBWR is what i was working with that time).  and it wasnt the seeds because i had had a great mid-level trip off of the same amount from the same batch of seeds a week before using coffee filters.  lately i use a shirt and a coffee filter.  i don't like to pick up the filter and mess with it cause they rip too easily (which has happened to me a bunch of times) or i drop an end and spill some of my juice (which is what happened this past time).

Edited by asagao (08/12/09 03:55 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle

#10847201 - 08/12/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

asagao said:
filtering with only a metal strainer is an awful idea.  the time that i only did a metal strainer filtering was the only time that i ever got violently ill from an LSA plant (HBWR is what i was working with that time).  and it wasnt the seeds because i had had a great mid-level trip off of the same amount from the same batch of seeds a week before using coffee filters.  lately i use a shirt and a coffee filter.  i don't like to pick up the filter and mess with it cause they rip too easily (which has happened to me a bunch of times) or i drop an end and spill some of my juice (which is what happened this past time).

filtering with ONLY a metal strainer is definitely not a good idea. It's what I use as the first pass to filter most of the seed mesh but it's also not necessary...but you want to make sure and filter out as much of the grinded seed particles as possible. You do NOT want to ingest grinded black seed coating, it goes nom nom nom on your insides.

Shirts are not very practical to use.

Coffee filters will not bust if you do as I recommended and filter a small portion at a time. It's super easy and works like a charm. It's all you need, really.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (08/12/09 04:18 PM)

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10847229 - 08/12/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i don't know why shirts are not practical to use.  they work much better than coffee filters.

Offlinethe bizzle

#10847322 - 08/12/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if you're working with only 200 seeds, I wouldn't use a shirt, it retains more liquid than coffee filters.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10849247 - 08/12/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm... that's possible, but my coffee filters suck up a significant amount of liquid as well.  my dose of 160 seeds with t-shirt and then coffee filter filtration was on par with similar amounts i've done in the past with just one coffee filter.  i'm guessing a t-shirt could be squeezed out as well, but i didn't bother.  i was just happy to get what i got.  the real show will be when my babies start producing seed.

OfflineAdmiral Amanita
New guy!
Male

#10864328 - 08/15/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I've got 600 seeds now (all heavenly blues) and I've purchased some pure water, pure orange juice (not from concentrate) and some peppermint tea. Before I go on my trip, I'm heading to the store today to buy some ginger root and coffee filters. Since I won't be able to trip while I'm home, I'm spending the night at my friends house. Does anyone know how long it will take for the effects to kick in once i ingest the lsa/water/orange juice/peppermint tea drink? Approximately.  I've got a playlist of music all set out for my trip and a sitter. Hopefully, I'll be leaving around 6-ish so I can still enjoy the trip in the day, evening, and night. I'll write up a report once I finish my trip and come back to base line.

Before embarking on this voyage, is there ANYTHING else I should know? I'm hoping for my first experience to be be an enlightening and enjoyable one.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds