Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillowmp
Medical Psychedelic Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

adverse effects caused by mushrooms?
    #8930364 - 09/14/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So this is a thread about possible adverse effects caused by mushrooms the day after the trip.

I have noticed that after a trip I experience certain effects that I find bothersome. These so far have been coughing, sore throat, inability to rehydrate (piss stays yellow even after drinking water), and headache. I do not know why it happens but it seems like it is caused by dehydration. If you are dehydrated from the trip then fall asleep I would guess it could cause sore throat and maybe coughing. I looked in my throat and it was red, which would lead me to believe it isn't because my throat is dry but whatever.

So do any of you guys experience this "mushroom hangover" like I do? Is it possible someone could be allergic to mushrooms but develop the symptoms more then 14 hours after ingestion?

--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: willowmp]
    #8930393 - 09/14/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I also get a sore throat the day after tripping on shrooms.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8930403 - 09/14/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

not me sorry:shrug:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8930414 - 09/14/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Never happened to me. Drink plenty of water during your trip.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: creekfreek]
    #8930466 - 09/14/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

creekfreek said:
I also get a sore throat the day after tripping on shrooms.

interesting

it's good to know someone experiences it as well. now we just need someone who knows how to prevent it lol.

--------------------

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
    #8930495 - 09/14/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I would imagine that if you werent drinking alot of water during the trip, that might do it.
I can tell you for sure that when I ate 1/8 Saturday night, I wasnt drinking nearly as much as I should have been and every hit off of the bowl made my throat hurt and I coughed my ass off too.

Offline402Camaro
Sr. Readsalot

Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: creekfreek]
    #8930503 - 09/14/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I usually end up with a headache the next day but I think it is because I stay up all night then sleep for 10-15 hours once I do go to sleep. I always have a headache when I sleep to long so I really don't think it is caused by the mushrooms.

I did notice that my eyes get bloodshot like I have been smoking pot. My face also gets red streaks in it.

While tripping last night I know I had to piss 5-6 times threw out the night and I didn't drink anything all night long. I can see how that would lead to dehydration which could cause other nasty symptom's.

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free and I hold faith that in the end my dream will come true. Untill then here I wait... In America.

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: 402Camaro]
    #8930751 - 09/14/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yea i normally don't drink anything while i trip.

as for using the bathroom apparently i did as the toilet had yellow in it but i say i dunno cause i don't remember using it.

then again i also told my friend on facebook that he had my eyeballs and that i wanted em back. i don't even remember conversing with him let alone using facebook lol.

--------------------

Offlinepoisonshroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Aus Flag
    #8930854 - 09/14/08 09:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hmm personally i dont get any adverse after effects really, besides a bit of tiredness... other than that i usually feel great

After my first trip however, i ran into some friends in a shopping center, an they said that i looked a bit cross-eyed :S thats the only thing that gave away the fact that i had been quite intoxicated the night before... i have no idea why that happened tho

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #8931231 - 09/14/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've never experienced those symptoms, but I like sipping icewater while tripping.

Every symptom you listed sounds like the result of dehydration, and you say you didn't drink anything while tripping.  I think we found the culprit, and it's not the mushrooms.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8931791 - 09/15/08 03:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm the opposite--I can't drink too much water during a shroom trip or I end up pissing like once every five minutes.  Gets damn irritating once the main trip is over and I'm trying to get to sleep.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinekingy
Walkabout
Male

Loc: Newcastle, N.S.W
Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: deCypher]
    #8932005 - 09/15/08 06:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
I'm the opposite--I can't drink too much water during a shroom trip or I end up pissing like once every five minutes.  Gets damn irritating once the main trip is over and I'm trying to get to sleep.

im the same ay i can be really tired and about to fall asleep then i need a piss. Then when i get back to bed i relax myself again and nearly fall asleep then i need another piss. After the 3rd or 4th piss i give up trying to sleep and just lay there thinking about sleeping lol.... And hearing the wife snoring dont help...  Now i drink alcohol to sleep.  Something with a high percentage and relaxing and warm like a high grade port.

I also have the yellow and smelly urine the next day after tripping. Im currently in the process of trying different remedies to combat this.

One thing that has really helped me with mushroom comedowns is to trip in the arvo around 5pm then can usually be in bed just after 12 and asleep by 130am. The sleep pattern isnt messed up that much and i can still function the next day. I still get dehydrated but i cant trip without alcohol. It really goes hand in hand with me....
Also measuring doses is a big help instead of just munging out on em lol..

Offlinepoisonshroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Aus Flag
Re: adverse effects caused by mushrooms? [Re: kingy]
    #8932041 - 09/15/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

if i had that problem i would smoke some cones before bed... it always works after coming off pills (i normally cant sleep after pills), but i dont have that problem with mushies, but then again when im tripping i usually dont even think to drink anything lol

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

#10710104 - 07/20/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to drag up an old thread but...

I have tripped 3 times in the last 2 months. 2 out of the 3 trips I've had a really sore throat the day after. It hurts where the nasal cavity joins with my throat. I drink plenty of water while tripping (3-4 glasses) and I don't smoke cigarettes or cannabis.

I had a sore throat after the first and third trips. The first and second times I made tea, the third time I ate the mushrooms. The only thing I think I did differently the second time was that I steeped the shrooms in water for about 10 extra minutes while applying low heat.

My theory is that some sort of bacteria is growing on the shrooms. It could be this bacteria which is causing an irritated throat. Cooking them that extra 10 minutes may have completely gotten rid of the bacteria. I'm by no means a bacteria or mushroom expert so I might be way off.

Could this be feasible?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals