Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWraistlingill
Student/Teacher of the Universe
 User Gallery

Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics * 1
    #10680193 - 07/15/09 07:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:mushroom2: WELCOME :mushroom2:

What follows is a grow log from a few years back, with pictures starting on Oct 12 after the birthday. Not only was this a near trouble free grow it was the fastest grow I'd ever done. From the time I injected the spore solution into the jars to the time the first pin started forming was around 25 days.  Amazing, got to love EQUADOR and PF Strain. This grow was not done in a place where it is detrimental to do so. The adtual log itself isn't very colorful, but it is relatively detailed and might help some of those who aren't sure what growing shroomies is all about. Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to remember an answer.  This was my 3rd time growing. Very happy with the results.

sept 11-
inculated jars with equador spore solution

sept 15-

4 of 6 jars show multiple spotting of mycelium.  each spot roughly the size of half a "tic-tac."  (only 1 of the 2 jars with "fish food" (just regular fish food flakes like you would put in your fish tank to feed your fishies, high in nutrients) additive has started mycelium growth)

sept 17-

all but one jar has started mycelium growth.  2 of the now 5 jars have taken off very nicely. (One jar with zero growth was opened to check for moisture problem, which verified a very low humitity/moisture content...this jar was tossed.)  Added around 2cc of additional spores (this time PF type spores) and water solution to add moisture to the remaining jars.

(NOTE: by adding a different strain of spores together it should be interesting to see which takes hold, or if there is a crossbreed)

Later this day I inculated 7 additional jars to compensate for possible failure of first 6.

sept 19-

jars 1-5 have finally started to continue their mycelium growth after the brief stint due to lack of moisture.  1 jar is about a day to 2 days away from having connected myc spots.  6-12 suspectingly show no signs of myc. yet.

sept 21 thru 23-

most of the mycelium in the jars have now all connected the 4 different inculated mycelium injection spots and have proceeded 1/2 to almost 2/3 of the way down the jar.  Interesting to note the the PF spores had a more "fuzzy" appearence when the mycelium first appeared.  While the Equadors did not have this fuzzy appearence but instead seemed more stringy from the beginning.

sept 25-

jars are on average 65% visually colonized.  Strangly the jars inculated on the 11th are appearently in the same stage as the 7 jars inculated on the 17th.  The rate of expansion of myceluim appears to be 8% of the entire jarred substrate per day.  At this rate I expect that "birthday" will start on oct 1st up thru the slowest inculated jar being a "birthday" of hopefully no later than oct 8th.

(FOLLOW UP: The "fuzzy" appearence of the early mycelium growth has now started to more resemble the string web appearence of the Equadors mycelium)

sept 26-

being a bit curious to see if the jars are maintaining the 8% a day growth trend I checked them again today.  Jars on average are around 76% visually colonized!  This is right on track with the previous days prediction of rate growth.  also I've noticed that at least one of the jars have signs of the substrate being pulled off of the glass, as if the substrate is shrinking from the mycelium using up the moisture in the jar.

sept 27-

jars are now on average 84% visually colonized.  Again the trend appears right on track...nothing else to really notate. b.a.u.

(an observer unbiased and uneducated in the way of botany or mycelium growth has predicted oct 2nd as the major birthday of the cakes.  this prediction is based on grow log observations, and observers "gut feeling")

oct 1-

After realizing that I had forgotten the fact that the bottom of the jar must also be considered when figuring percent complete.  Per this the new percent complete must be refigured -10% for each observence.  With that said there has also been a slow down on the jars myc growth.  Low oxygen or temp levels maybe.  Total percent complete is now 88%.  This puts the new birthday at Oct 4-10.

oct 2-

Being impatient due to the miscalculation of the percent complete I checked the myc growth again today.  Oddly one of the jars that was injected on the 17th appears to only have around 7% to go until complete visually colonized.  The closest one of the original jars inculated on the 11th looks to be around 8% until complete myc colonization.  Fortunately it looks like the birthday of Oct the 4th will bring at least 2 cakes, unless I decide to give them a couple extra days.

oct 3- (9AM)

Even though this update is for the day after the last update I want to make clear that it has actually only been around 12 hours since the last update.  Also there seems to be a 3% per 12 hour growth rate.  There are 3 jars that are 96% colonization, while the rest are roughly around 92% complete. The 3 at 96% will probably be "birthed" on Oct 5th or 6th depending on when they reach 100%.  The plan is to leave the cakes in the jars for at least 48 hours after 100% colonization. Also today I flipped the cakes upside down to do 2 things.  1.) Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air, so this will help get fresh air to the bottom of the jars.  2.) This will get the cakes used to the position they will be in after they are birthed".

(note: this is just a thought, but it might actually be bad for the myc growth stage to flip the jars like this.  it could slow down growth due to the shock of such a drastic change, or maybe not.)

(note: 2 of the 3 jars that are at 96% colonization are from the inculation of the 17th...wish I knew if it was from the different strain spores, or the first jars not having enough water.)

Oct 3- (9pm)

Ok, just wanted to say that the growth is maybe 98% on a couple jars.

Oct 4- (9am)

again, 12 hours later, the 3 furthest along jars have grown to about 99% complete.

Oct 5- (8am)

ok, the first jar is 100% completely covered head to toe with myc.  Looks like at least 1 maybe 2 more will also be 100% by tonight.  Tomorrow night I'll birth them.  (note: the jar that finished first was indeed one inculated on the 17th with the PF strain, which means it did so in just 18 days.)

Oct 5- (10:30pm)

new count: 1 jar 100%, 1 jar 99.8%, 3 jars 99.5%. The rest are around 96% complete.  Tomorrow the first jar will be put into the grow environment.  This first one will NOT be dunked.  Then on Oct. 7th the next jar will be added, and then on the 8th the other 3 jars currently at 99.5% will be added.  This will leave 7 jars remaining which will probably be 4-6 days behind the first jars and which will receive the dunk method.

Oct 7-

well the first 2 jars were put in the chamber last night (oct 6.)  The morning of the 6th I put around 3 soda cap fulls of distilled water into 2 of the 100% colonized jars.  Then they set in the fridge for around 10 hours.  NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADD MORE WATER BEFORE REMOVING CAKE FROM THE JAR.  Removing the cakes from the jar proved to be a near disaster.  The cakes absorbed the water in turn enlarging the cakes.  After pulling, breaking off peices and prying it out with a butter knife the cakes eventually were removed.  They are now however in the chamber and receiving partial light for around 16 hours a day.  The humity is being handled with the 3 x Two liter bottle/ ultrasonic humiditor setup AND the bottom layer of perlite humitity method.  Humitity is maintaining above 90% and the temp is around 75 degrees.  If all goes well pins should start forming sometime tomorrow.

(NOTE: With a couple of the other cakes still in jars an attempt will be made to induce pinning before birthing the cakes.)

Oct 9-

today I verified what I suspected yesterday.  At least one mushroom has started.  however, the shroom is not from the jars that were 100% colonized first.  it was one of the jars that had the fish food mixed in with the substrate, and the cake was still in the jar.  rather or not the fish food had anything to do with the quick growth of the first shroom will be impossible to tell without either outside testing by other growers or a few more tests myself.  either way it's DEFINITELY worth checking out, especially since the jar wasn't even 100% colonized yet.  still it was close enough that I figured I'd take it out of the jar and let the small tic tac sized uncolonized patch finish being covered probably overnight.  exciting, from inculation to first shroom button is less than a full month (actual time from start to formation of shroom was 1 day short of 4 weeks).

also another cake that seemed to have a started ball of myc forming a shroom stem was birthed from it's jar.  total birthed cakes is now 4 with 8 jars to go.  4 of the remaining 8 jars technically could be birthed, but I'm still hoping to see some pinning first.

oct 12-

much the same as the last report.  though I did have to remove a suspected cake for mold infection.  however after a day it doesn't really seem like mold, instead it matches blue bruising.  either way it's in a seperate mini humidity chamber till I can tell for sure.  report on the other cakes are fine...around 15-20 little mushrooms are developing nicely.  actually around 7 of them showed up overnight.  expecting a huge take off in the next 48 hours, with the first harvested ones being done oct 17th.  (Note: for some reason the humitity keeps dropping to around 87% though the container has no visual signs of low humitity...chalking it up to error in device (cheap humidity gauge, digital cheapy).

oct 13-

nearly 24 hours since last observations.  happy to say that existing mushrooms have doubled (at least) in size, and that the quantity of them has at least tripled.  the previous expected first harvest date was the 17th, that date will more than likely be the 15th with this kind of growth rate.  They are probably at least 100 mushroom pins formed with a strong start (as opposed to taking on the typical appearence of abjorts.)

oct 14-

[gradient:#D4C7C7,#D4CBC7]well just so happens that around 6 mushrooms were close enough to full grown to harvest.  there are numerous ones that will more than likely be ready tonight or tomorrow.  total appr. 70 mushrooms will end up making it full grown.[/gradient]

oct 15-

today I decided to turn off the ultrasonic humiditor to see if it really is making a difference.  also I picked the very first mushroom that started growing this morning.  this one was saved thru the first pic to see how big the cap would get.

OCTOBER 16th -

Just some pics.[image]

oct 17-

this morning 4 mushrooms were picked as the veil had or would had broken in the next few hours.  the stems are approx 4 to 6 inches long with caps around an inch wide.  the container has around 25 more on the way that might be ready by tonight.  the angled drip glass was removed in hopes that the cakes would receive more humitity which does seem to work.  starting to see lots of aborts now, probably close to 50 or so.  the 5 cakes that were dunked and rolled after being taken out of the jars are now nearly completely covered with mcy. again.  Hoping to see a difference in mushroom size as soon as they start producing.

oct 17 (pm)-

trying to keep updating whenever a change occurs.  aborts are for the most part removed and probably range in the 2 or 3 grams dry range.  the cakes seem to be slowing down on fruiting so I'm going to take a couple of the ones that have produced a first flush, and maybe one that has yet to flush at all and make a 10 inch circular casing.  so far approx 20 mushrooms have been harvested from 3 cakes.  other cakes are slowly catching up.

OCTOBER 18th-

A few more harvested shroomies.

oct 20 am-

the dunked cakes are finall starting to pin, and in large numbers.  from the observations it certainly seems that the more hydrated a cake is the more shrooms is produces, but not nessasarily more and bigger.  nearly all the cakes that produced few shrooms produced BIG single shrooms.  today one of these big ones were harvested for a print.  the casing seems to be doing nothing as of the 19th but will be checked for myc. growth today, and hopefully put in the fruiting chamber.

oct 20 pm-

while doing the regular fresh air wafting into the fruiting chamber I took a few pictures or the growth.  approx 40 expected mushrooms of decent size are growing nicely.  this almost is certainly a result of dunking.  so for anyone out there who has debated about dunking and then decided to skip it, it's been above and beyond worth it on so far on the first flush.

oct 21am-

in nearly 15 hrs the growth size has nearly doubled.  expected harvest will be in 24 to 48 hrs.  this will be the biggest harvest yet.  following the harvest a dunk on all cakes will be made before the second flush.  have considered some kind of way to reintroduce nutrients into the cake along with the hydration.

(NOTE: having picked a cap to make a print from I'm left 18 hours later with still no sign of spores.  perhaps a sterile cap?)

oct 21pm-

ok, well so much for 24 to 48 hours.  approx 30 mushrooms were harvested at around 8 oclock.  these were the largest I've seen in person, let alone grown.  the largest was around 10 inches in length with a cap the size of a silver dollar. will probably dunk the cakes after tomorrow when the flush should be complete.

(NOTE: Finally, the casing is showing spots of myc. forming on the top of the potting soil.  soon as the myc. growth evens out on the surface of the soil it will be put in the fruiting chamber.  however, if I'm correct the casing is probably a little under hydrated so I'll have to find a way to increase the water content.

oct 22-

today was the last day for the first flush, aside from the yet to fruit casing.  the cakes are being dunked for the 2nd flush.  there are seriously more mushrooms right now than I know what to do with.  will keep posting on thru until flushes produce little or no mushrooms.
[br]A Boquete of Yay.[/br][[URL=http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022071808.jpg][/URL

oct 25-

today is 2nd day of having the 10" casing and the dunked and rolled 2nd flush cakes back in the fruiting chamber.  the cakes already have myc growing through the thick layer of verm that the cakes were rolled in after the dunking.  the casing is showing great new myc growth on the top of the potting soil.  for fun I'll make a prediction of a oct 31 pinning or slightly larger mushroom devolopment stage.

oct 26-

one mushroom has actually already started growing and is around an inch long.  seems to be the lone ranger though as there is only myc growing on the other.  have had the ultrasonic humiditor off so far for second flush but turned it on today just trying to make sure the casing doesn't get too much moisture.

(NOTE: total amount of dried mushrooms off the first flush, 8 cakes, was 30 grams dry weight.)

oct 31-

alright, been a few days but there are some updates.  cakes produced bigger shrooms this time but not nearly as many.  also doesn't seem to be as much blueing.  biggest shroom cap is around the diamater of a chips a hoy cookie.  the casing is producing tons of pins, more than I've ever seen per area, but they just aren't getting very big.  this is more than likely due to the inadequate amount of water that was introduced to the casing.  other than that not else much to note.  2nd flush will probably end in around a week.

GRAND FINALE!!!![

Nov 2-

The casing finally is harvested.  Not too bad I suppose, better than nada.

nov 3-

attempted again to make a spore print.  this is not as easy as the sources attempt to make it seem.  the cap continues to become soggy, turn discolored, and emit a strange moldy musky smell.  however I'll do some research and try again when the next cap opens.  total dry off 2nd flush appears to be around 10 grams dry.  though for some reason only half the dunked cakes really did anything in the realm of producing pins.  my suspicion is that the cakes might have been dunked too long, or they have depleted the supply of food needed for growing.  casing has turned out rather well, though with this flush I'm not convinced that it's leaps and bounds better than cakes...keep in mind however that the casing is suspected of low moisture content and could very well negatively effect mushroom growth.

nov 4am-

ok attempt number 3 on the spore print.  as a rule I would recommend making your print well before your mushroom growing phase is over, just in case you don't get it on the first try.  this time I followed the "SPORE PRINTING WITH SHIRLEY KNOTT" tutorial with pictures and left 2 corners on the "tea towel" to let air circulate hopefully this will prevent the over moisture problem that I've seem to be having.

nov 4pm-

after taking a look at the progress so far, there is finally a print that is very very dark. :smile: a little worried about contaminates however due to the many steps and devices used in the print procedere.  regardless, I have a print and will make a couple more in even more controlled conditions and maybe keep this print as a microscopy use only specimen.[

nov 6-

second print was made and turned into 5 syringes.

nov 7-

mushroom growth has slowed to about 3 every 3 days.  considering crushing all the cakes and adding some kind of solution of food to introduce as a growth enhancer then turning into a big casing.

nov 10-

pretty much done with the log and growth cycle.  the case formed a bright green mold around the edge of the casing.  the entire amount of cakes and casing has been stacked on top of each other and the only thing I'm waiting on is to see if at this stage the mycelium can over take the mold.  mushrooms are still growing at the rate of around 1 a day.  these mushrooms are NOT being picked for consumption for obvious reasons.  even if the mold is overtaken I'm uncertain that it would be safe to consider the mushrooms eatable.  total amount of dry mushrooms was around an ounce and a half (40gm).

nov 14-

mold still overtaking the mycelium.  just going to leave the lid on the chamber and wait a couple weeks to see what happens.  the result will be the last log on this project.

dec 1-

:frown: :frown: nasty mold overtake. :frown: :frown: throwing out resulting mess.  seems the myc was just too spent to retaliate against the mold invaders.  nevertheless project was a great success.  there are may other factors that I would like to introduce in further experiments though. 

CONCLUSION:

Relatively sure the conclusion can be seen clearly.  This was a hugely successful grow cycle.  Seeing how the first flush was responsible for 75% of overall harvest it would almost be advised just to toss cakes out after first flush to make room for a fresh set of cakes.  If the preference is for getting every drop of mushroom out of the myc growth though, by all means 2nd flushes do yeild something worthy of your time.  Overall I would have to say that these results could be repeated very easily.  A green thumb was a small factor in growing these awesome mushroom. 

FOLLOW UP: (2 years after log was created) Actual yeild was probably closer to 30g rather than 40g.  Though it was a fairly potent shroom grow. Active at 1g, and strong effects at 2g. Will be awhile before I get to do another grow, if at all. :frown: Have to say growing your own beats picking or buying any day.  Something about being part of the complete cycle that enhances and completes the cosmic experience. Alright, it's been a long enough read, hope you all enjoyed.

FOLLOW UP #2: As per some comments below, and further knowledge in the field, I will reclassify this grow as a successful grow rather than a great grow.  Keep in mind tho, that grows can be A LOT worse.  I've had grows that produce half as much results.  So while some might label this grow terrible, don't be fooled, it was far more successful than how bad a grow can be.  Also, while I still believe in the advantage of growing over wild picked, I've found that there is something great about the "hunt" that growing doesn't have.

--------------------
You CAN handle the truth.

Edited by Wraistlingill (03/31/13 07:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Wraistlingill]
    #10680404 - 07/15/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That was quite the read!

What did your ratio of PF:EQ turn out to be?

Would you happen to still have the Oct.20 pictures?

OfflineWraistlingill
 User Gallery

Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: DeeGee]
    #10680467 - 07/15/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sorry for the distorted pictures, this is my first grow log w/ pictures post. I think it was about half and half PF/Eq. Thank you for the reply.

--------------------

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10680741 - 07/15/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i cant even see the pictures they are so large. unless i change my resolution...or scroll. but that all takes too long.
sweet log i guess.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineWraistlingill
 User Gallery

Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: prismism]
    #10681958 - 07/15/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

alright, phew, finally fixed the pictures size

--------------------

OfflineWraistlingill
 User Gallery

#10683995 - 07/15/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

All pictures are now up and sized as thumbnails, so you can click on them to get a larger view.

--------------------

Offlinefbi365
Captain of the Sinking Ship
Male

Loc: Nowhere
    #13930612 - 02/08/11 10:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Great log! Thanks....

--------------------

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Space
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: fbi365]
    #13930631 - 02/08/11 10:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:facepalm3:

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

OfflineGood.Time.Charlie
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: i GrOw StUFF]
    #17932127 - 03/10/13 01:07 AM (11 years, 11 days ago)

nice!

--------------------

"Do not think that the struggles you face beneath the smiles faked are known to only you...For we walk silently alongside one another each at war with our internal demons, bound together by the human condition in this cosmic journey...do not feel alone."

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Good.Time.Charlie]
    #17932133 - 03/10/13 01:09 AM (11 years, 11 days ago)

again?....really?

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleIntelligentxfruit
Earth Hippy

Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: cronicr]
    #17932135 - 03/10/13 01:10 AM (11 years, 11 days ago)

Wtf is it with new posters and these old ass threads?

Do these really make them want to comment so bad they create an account to say
"nice grow" or "good job"

:oldman:  :oldman2:  :oldthread:

OfflineCheckyourmetrics
Stranger
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Intelligentxfruit]
    #17948170 - 03/13/13 09:46 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

We're reading old threads to benefit from our predecessors' experience and posting 'good job' because there is a minimum ten post requirement (for new accounts) to gain access to certain threads.

By the way nice grow!

:smile:

Invisibleslapphappypill
Enthusiast!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In bed with your mom
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Checkyourmetrics]
    #17948239 - 03/13/13 10:14 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

no, this grow was not that good.. the shrooms were thin and wiry, leading me to believe there was an INSANE lack of FAE. OP says they feel this was a very successful grow, I wouldn't go that far... If you n00bs want to make frivolousness posts, but actually read something good first, do a search for Stonesun, he had/has some amazing grows. There are also hundreds of users over the last 3 years that have posted some great grows as well...

--------------------
We think we have freedom, but we're all just mice in a maze....

FYI: I stole all my pix off google! F+ PORN! Here is a shit-ton of porn by yours truly!

I have FINALLY written up a couple teks as to how SHP has done things in the past. DISCLAIMER: This is not for the newbie to mycology, and not going to work for everyone! This is simply what works for one person when other teks and methods have failed miserably!
~~~~~How SHP does their unconventional WBS Prep!! (NO DRY METHOD)~~~~
~~~~~SHP's highly disputed method of doing ALL their work outside of a flow hood or a Still air box!~~~~~
~~~~~Troubles harvesting the side and bottom pins in your mono? Learn how!! Dunking included ;-)~~~~~

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: slapphappypill]
    #17948256 - 03/13/13 10:19 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

This grow is pretty terrible, I agree.
+1 for cakes in SGFC, 0 for cakes in mono.

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Invisibleslapphappypill
Enthusiast!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #17948278 - 03/13/13 10:28 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:
This grow is pretty terrible, I agree.
+1 for cakes in SGFC, 0 for cakes in mono.

:whathesaid: This guy as well, Check out Frank's posts, logs, and grow pics, he'll learn you some things...

--------------------

FYI: I stole all my pix off google! F+ PORN! Here is a shit-ton of porn by yours truly!

I have FINALLY written up a couple teks as to how SHP has done things in the past. DISCLAIMER: This is not for the newbie to mycology, and not going to work for everyone! This is simply what works for one person when other teks and methods have failed miserably!
~~~~~SHP's highly disputed method of doing ALL their work outside of a flow hood or a Still air box!~~~~~
~~~~~Troubles harvesting the side and bottom pins in your mono? Learn how!! Dunking included ;-)~~~~~

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #17948311 - 03/13/13 10:37 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Don't let him fool you, SHP is a damn fine grower himself!

:booooom:

--------------------

Invisibleslapphappypill
Enthusiast!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #17948609 - 03/13/13 11:56 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

:heytheresexy:

--------------------

Offlinefirst time expert
practice makes perfect
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of mount washington Flag
    #17955346 - 03/14/13 02:34 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

awesome log!! glad you took the time to post it

--------------------

InvisibleKavince

#17955404 - 03/14/13 02:52 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

All this work and you decided to use cakes... how very sad. You obviously have the skill to  bulk. Your yields could  be so much larger!

--------------------

Fuck the King's Guard. Fuck the city. Fuck the King.
-The Hound

Edited by Kavince (03/14/13 02:53 PM)

OfflineWraistlingill
 User Gallery

Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Kavince]
    #18036389 - 03/31/13 07:20 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Wow.  I take my eyes off this thread for one year and....

Listen, I feel that the grow went very well.  Was it a commercial quality grow? No.  Did I set records?  No.  Well, except maybe being the 1st person to use fish food as a substrate enhancer.

Back when this was done it was my 3rd attempt.  As far as the amount dry I got (thin, FAE starved, or any other visual deficiency)I still raked in a fair amount...and in my experience of 15 years, more potent than most.

I appreciate the criticism.  "Terrible" is definitely the wrong word to use with this grow log though.  At any rate, thanks for everyone's feedback, good, bad, and indifferent.  Oh, and welcome to the Shroomery "n00bs."  Some people forget their manners, and when they were once blue behind the gills themselves.

I'll definitely check out those grow logs you recommended Slaphappypill.

Peace.

--------------------

Edited by Wraistlingill (03/31/13 07:39 AM)

OfflinePassThe40oz
@Mushroooooooms

Loc: Earth Flag
    #18255904 - 05/13/13 02:00 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

so how much fish flakes did you use? i wanna try this.

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: PassThe40oz]
    #18256984 - 05/13/13 10:26 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:oldthread:

BRF is the most nutritious substrate. Adding fish flakes or anything other than verm is just going to detract from the nutrition.

Want big flushes off cakes? You gotta learn to manage the moisture levels well :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePs.cdoe420
Stranger
Loc: Nevada usa Flag
    #20605083 - 09/23/14 07:32 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Wow that is really awesome  just started my first grow and i am going with the rye seed and caseing method.! I read that you can put i small amount of lime on your caseing lair to balence ph and keep mold away.  I also have a question! How moist should my caseing lair be? I read in your log that yours might have been a little  dry.?? Im not really sure when you posted this if you could get back to me i just started an account on here :smile:

--------------------
Long, tall, and hansom.

InvisiblecArcace-x
YeAh!!
 User Gallery

Loc: The Simulator
Re: Detailed Cubensis Grow Log w/ Pics [Re: Ps.cdoe420]
    #20605089 - 09/23/14 07:35 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

look at the top of the post and you'll see it's a 5 years old thread:wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract