Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: Slurry In a Hurry Spawn: Without the spawn [Re: eatyualive]
    #21112258 - 01/13/15 08:11 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Keep updating the OP Eat! Can;t wait till I see what you are hiding in your journal. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Slurry In a Hurry Spawn: Without the spawn [Re: blackdust]
    #21115997 - 01/13/15 06:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

here is an update with a few :chief:tribal dunked:chief: tubs from the tubs that were spawned normally but with grain prepped by slurry. 2nd flush.

more to come.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (01/13/15 08:01 PM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Liquid spawn: Slurry Spawn (moved) [Re: Edmunter]
    #21116066 - 01/13/15 06:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
I heard someone mention its not a good idea to blend the grains up too much as the uncolonised parts can contam. 

To counter this with my experience with Mycelium is that if this stuff is this fast it will colonise those bit super quickly and kick contams into touch.

What is your advice on the amount of blending needed?

i mentioned this about 5 pages back. i was hesitant to try it because of this. but did anyway. and it did just what you said, colonized in 3 days. did you see the update?

check it out. ill link you so i don't have to retype it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21089326#21089326

here is the talk of how to blend it better.

last paragraph of link above.

Quote:

I believe that the drill bit blender wasn't as powerful as my oster is. So it did not break up the grain as much as it would have had I used the oster blender. I think using the hand drill on the oster wide mouth blade attachment is ideal for this method.

also, here is a pointer, try shaking the jar or breaking up the grain prior to trying to blend it or it can be a real headache. i tried it without breaking up the grain this way yesterday and it was very difficult. i only did blended it up with the hand drill attached to the oster blade base for about 30 seconds or a minute. you don't even have to blend it into a soup consistency. even blending it a small amount will remove enough mycelia that when you mix that water into the substrate it will make inoculation points in the substrate.
id advise to also add 1 quart of regular spawn to your slurry quarts.
i think that i may try a few 4 quart regular spawned tubs with 1 quart slurried into them to see if it speeds things up a little. ill update the original post with all this information the coming months and streamline it a bit.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid spawn: Slurry Spawn (moved) [Re: eatyualive]
    #21118539 - 01/14/15 12:28 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

What a dick I am.  That was the tek I was following which I lost and so had to ask...........

:thatsjustswell:

Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: Slurry In a Hurry Spawn: Without the spawn [Re: eatyualive]
    #21118554 - 01/14/15 12:32 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
here is an update with a few :chief:tribal dunked:chief: tubs from the tubs that were spawned normally but with grain prepped by slurry. 2nd flush.

more to come.

:aaaargh:  :baaaam:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21119151 - 01/14/15 05:28 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
What a dick I am.  That was the tek I was following which I lost and so had to ask...........

:thatsjustswell:

your not a dick at all. your trying to clarify. it was easier for me to link than type lol.;

please don't feel like you were being a dick because you were not at all.

ALSO I UPDATED THE ORIGINAL POST AND STREAMLINED IT. I AM STILL WORKING ON IT WITH CURRENT UPDATES BUT I DID BREAK IT DOWN ON THE 3 TYPES OF SLURRIES. AND I PLAN TO SHOW A GROW LOG FOR EACH ONE WITH A DAY BY DAY FOR CLARITY. I REMOVED A BUNCH OF JUNK AND TOOK OUT THE BRF TO SUBSTRATE SLURRY. I FEEL THE BRF TO GRAIN IS THE BEST METHOD TO PREP GRAIN. BUT AS FAR AS TO A LARGER VOLUME BULK SUBSTRATE THE SPAWN RATIO IS TOO LOW. NOW, IF YOU REDUCE THE SUBSTRATE VOLUME BY ABOUT HALF THEN IT WOULD WORK BETTER. I TEST THESE THINGS WITH KNOWN HIGH YIELDING CLONES SO ITS POSSIBLE THAT IF YOU DON'T USE SUPERCAKE AND DUNG LIKE I DID ORIGINALLY THAT IT MAY NOT HAVE THE EXACT SAME RESULTS. I SPAWN SUPPLEMENT ALOT AND THOSE ADDED NUTRIENTS MAKE THINGS GROW VERY FAST. PLEASE HAVE A LOOK. IF YOU HAVE TIME AND PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN IMPROVE AND IF I LEFT ANYTHING OUT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Here are more tubs prepared by grain that was slurried.2nd flush.

Edited by eatyualive (01/14/15 05:38 AM)

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#21119483 - 01/14/15 08:38 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man, im loving this style of growing.  Unfortunately I am out of jars to grow with due to it.  Oh shit, I have a load of bags.

I just need a way to speed up my culture growing.  It takes me weeks to get a culture.  Im using PDA 8:2:10 and cant seem to get anything growing quickly. 

Im going to try Grain water Agar.

Also would adding sterilised grain water befor blending instead of water do anything to speed it up even more?  Is that possible?

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
    #21119601 - 01/14/15 09:16 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Slurrying my first jar today,

:rockon:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: Liquid spawn: Slurry Spawn (moved) [Re: taGyo]
    #21119807 - 01/14/15 10:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
Thanks man, im loving this style of growing.  Unfortunately I am out of jars to grow with due to it.  Oh shit, I have a load of bags.

I just need a way to speed up my culture growing.  It takes me weeks to get a culture.  Im using PDA 8:2:10 and cant seem to get anything growing quickly. 

Also would adding sterilized grain water before blending instead of water do anything to speed it up even more?  Is that possible?

I use mea and don't have a problem with speed and you shouldn't with pda either. Although grain soak water agar seems like a simple effective method i just haven't tried it yet Agar cultures do seem to take their time no matter what recipe i use. Probably just because i'm so impatient.  I like your idea of adding nutrient through the liquid you use to blend but maybe that could just add extra risk?
take some clones, they are my fastest start to finish. Or maybe try the blended tissue sample to start your culture. Just a little piece of tissue and a little water can go a long way. Still since i try to get a bigger peice for my tissue to blend i have had a couple cases where the whole batch contammed due to my improper sterile technique. Cakes can colonise very fast with the blended tissue method and with those colonised cakes you'll have endless spawn an d speed. This method has sped up my game and success unmeasurably. Still i have a much better success when going from clone to agar to li to cakes and so on. You could skip the cakes but you'll be losing out on spreading  out your culture into more spawn. I was almost thinking of using a colonised wbs jar slurried to inoculate more wbs as i would a slurried cake but i'm not sure if that would work as well(Eat?). An Li can colonise a qt jar of grain about as fast as a 1/2 pint cake but the qt jar requires more LI for that result. If your trying to conserve on cultures (or make the most of them) the cake would be the better option i think. also i would think a qt of wbs slurry could inoculate a whole lot more wbs jars than a cake (MAYBE) because it's so much more material. But the inside uncolonised parts of the grain could make the strength not as strong as a cake slurry(?). So basically i am trying to spread my cultures out as much as possible and still have as much speed as possible. Edmunter, you should focus on maximizing your cultures rather than speeding them up as the speed you said is normal. I know this tek is already pushing the boundaries of speed and maximization of cultures but i just want to get this as optimal and fluid as possible. Any one still with me?

--------------------

Edited by tombosley8 (01/14/15 11:18 AM)

InvisiblecArcace-x
YeAh!!
 User Gallery

Loc: The Simulator
    #21120137 - 01/14/15 11:50 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

taGyo said:

doin my first slurry tonight too :awesomenod:
presently sterilizing the water and the lid
1/4pint cake to 20 wbs it will be
:awedance:

--------------------

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid spawn: Slurry Spawn (moved) [Re: cArcace-x]
    #21120144 - 01/14/15 11:53 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cArcace-x said:
Quote:

taGyo said:

doin my first slurry tonight too :awesomenod:
presently sterilizing the water and the lid
1/4pint cake to 20 wbs it will be
:awedance:

:dancer:,

Movin' on up!

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

InvisiblecArcace-x
YeAh!!
 User Gallery

#21120203 - 01/14/15 12:07 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

hey gyo, i'll be using a pouring lid, i use those lids for LI and worked very well for me,there's a SHIP and a simple plug for pouring
the way i pour is simply putting the lid of the grain jar between the plug and the pour lid and pour into the grain jar

i'll get back on it if it work well with slurry

--------------------

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#21120220 - 01/14/15 12:11 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

How'd you fashion that up?

What's the base?

That looks useful as fuck.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

InvisiblecArcace-x
YeAh!!
 User Gallery

#21120248 - 01/14/15 12:18 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

sip and straw lid with SHIP
simple as fuck!
just have to drill the holes bigger, a screw or anything in a heavy-duty SHIP and taddah (i use long pc motherboard screws, a washer and a bolt nut)
the real SHIP is very tight or siliconed but the plug hole is a bit bigger for easy pulling;)

Edited by cArcace-x (01/14/15 12:25 PM)

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid spawn: Slurry Spawn (moved) [Re: tombosley8]
    #21120332 - 01/14/15 12:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tombosley8 said:
Quote:

Edmunter said:

Also would adding sterilized grain water before blending instead of water do anything to speed it up even more?  Is that possible?

I use mea and don't have a problem with speed and you shouldn't with pda either. Although grain soak water agar seems like a simple effective method i just haven't tried it yet Agar cultures do seem to take their time no matter what recipe i use. Probably just because i'm so impatient.  I like your idea of adding nutrient through the liquid you use to blend but maybe that could just add extra risk?
take some clones, they are my fastest start to finish. Or maybe try the blended tissue sample to start your culture. Just a little piece of tissue and a little water can go a long way. Still since i try to get a bigger peice for my tissue to blend i have had a couple cases where the whole batch contammed due to my improper sterile technique. Cakes can colonise very fast with the blended tissue method and with those colonised cakes you'll have endless spawn an d speed. This method has sped up my game and success unmeasurably. Still i have a much better success when going from clone to agar to li to cakes and so on. You could skip the cakes but you'll be losing out on spreading  out your culture into more spawn. I was almost thinking of using a colonised wbs jar slurried to inoculate more wbs as i would a slurried cake but i'm not sure if that would work as well(Eat?). An Li can colonise a qt jar of grain about as fast as a 1/2 pint cake but the qt jar requires more LI for that result. If your trying to conserve on cultures (or make the most of them) the cake would be the better option i think. also i would think a qt of wbs slurry could inoculate a whole lot more wbs jars than a cake (MAYBE) because it's so much more material. But the inside uncolonised parts of the grain could make the strength not as strong as a cake slurry(?). So basically i am trying to spread my cultures out as much as possible and still have as much speed as possible. Edmunter, you should focus on maximizing your cultures rather than speeding them up as the speed you said is normal. I know this tek is already pushing the boundaries of speed and maximization of cultures but i just want to get this as optimal and fluid as possible. Any one still with me?

Im relatively new to agar and have been doing every style u can think of using ie, swabs, clones....... on the same recipe. 10:7:2:1 PDA plus yeast sometimes.  I have 36 cultures growing at the moment and just need some more speed.  Some are on the shelf and it is winter here and some are in the airing cupboard....its warmer there.

Im going to try grainwater agar mix.

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#21120341 - 01/14/15 12:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cArcace-x said:
hey gyo, i'll be using a pouring lid, i use those lids for LI and worked very well for me,there's a SHIP and a simple plug for pouring
the way i pour is simply putting the lid of the grain jar between the plug and the pour lid and pour into the grain jar

:lolz0rz:  Love that!!!!  How'd u make it?

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#21120356 - 01/14/15 12:43 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cArcace-x said:
sip and straw lid with SHIP
simple as fuck!
just have to drill the holes bigger, a screw or anything in a heavy-duty SHIP and taddah (i use long pc motherboard screws, a washer and a bolt nut)
the real SHIP is very tight or siliconed but the plug hole is a bit bigger for easy pulling;)

Holy shit,

:rockon:,

I've been looking into some pour bottles and I think this would work for agar just as easily as LI.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21121764 - 01/14/15 06:27 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:

Also would adding sterilised grain water befor blending instead of water do anything to speed it up even more?  Is that possible?

i do not know about the sterilized grain water. i generally use sueprcake formula and a cup of coffee. but, im testing all this with no additives right now.

ah i do all liquids man. its lighting fast with a clone. i can get a clone like all the pictures above and have it fruited in 22 days about average.
Quote:

cArcace-x said:

im going to add this to the op!!!! also im going to build one soon lol.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    #21121866 - 01/14/15 06:54 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Is that pour N sip lid PC'able?

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21121884 - 01/14/15 06:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

updated 2nd flushes. a few more tubs.

Edited by eatyualive (01/14/15 07:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck