Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethomasbe
biased!
 User Gallery

Post Surgery Sesh?
    #10617222 - 07/03/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys wanted to ask some advice, on whether it is safe to ingest cannabis (eat loll) if I'm taking various medications following small routine surgery ( teeth extraction and implant). Im taking codeine forte made up of Codeine and Paracet, Clindamycin capsules and Piroxicam all daily.

I have smoked cannabis with some degree of regularity for about a year however the dental surgery which i have just undertaken prevents my ability to smoke as the wound needs to heal etc. I have eaten hash brownies before and would consider myself fairly experienced I'm not going to freak out or anything. I'm more concerned about possible reactions between THC and these pharmaceuticals.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions, perhaps based on experience or anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDug a Sprogie
eeeeee
Male

Loc: California
Re: Post Surgery Sesh? [Re: thomasbe]
    #10617232 - 07/03/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes in fact it would greatly benefit your health considering all antibiotics ruin my appetite and digestion. Just dont smoke it unfiltered if you do, because that would be the only way you could potentially slow the blood clotting.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10617235 - 07/03/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If anything, there are benefits to doing this, and there are no risks whatsoever. Good job on self-medicating! :congrats:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #10623686 - 07/05/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well I would beg to differ about a few of the responses here; I however don't really have much problem with THC medication though; but, smoking after dental surgery is not generally recommended by the dentist - especially after tooth extractions. Dry sockets can result and it is not a pleasant thing. The increased dry mouth from not only the smoke (the effect of any cigarette - with or without nicotine) and the increasing effect of THC-like compounds on dry mouth would be something you'd really rather avoid if you're trying to heal from dental surgery.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Post Surgery Sesh? [Re: neuro]
    #10625899 - 07/05/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

neuro said:
...smoking after dental surgery is not generally recommended by the dentist.

Of course it isn't, that's why he wants to eat it instead!

Quote:

thomasbe said:
Hey guys wanted to ask some advice, on whether it is safe to ingest cannabis (eat loll) if I'm taking various medications following small routine surgery ( teeth extraction and implant). Im taking codeine forte made up of Codeine and Paracet, Clindamycin capsules and Piroxicam all daily.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Post Surgery Sesh? [Re: Poid]
    #10628529 - 07/06/09 05:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

> Of course it isn't, that's why he wants to eat it instead

So you don't get dry mouth when you eat cannabis?  Interesting...

> Hey guys wanted to ask some advice, on whether it is safe to ingest cannabis ...

Nobody here has the expertise to answer your question, and even if we did, there has not been enough scientific research done to give you a good answer.  Personally, I would avoid it until my body had healed.  I doubt that there would be any problem eating it, but who knows.  Your body is already being taxed metabolizing all the other prescription drugs that you are taking, and healing from the surgery.  Why give it more to deal with?  If you do decide to eat it, drink an extra glass or two of water.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Post Surgery Sesh? [Re: Seuss]
    #10630089 - 07/06/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't recall that I ever did. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinethomasbe
biased!
 User Gallery

Re: Post Surgery Sesh? [Re: Poid]
    #10639837 - 07/08/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well i dosed up and all went well so i guess no ill effects as far as i can tell :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds