Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineButtsack
Stranger
Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow?
    #10623613 - 07/05/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Okay I've just recently became interest in psychoactive plants and am looking into which ones would be best to grow. I will be growing them outside, I might even build a greenhouse if it's necessary. I live on the east coast of Australia and is warm for most of the year except for the really cold nights in winter which get to as cold as 5C (41F), but it doesn't really get colder than 10C (50F) in the day. Normally the coldest is about 15C (59F).

I would rather plants that aren't a waste of time e.g. Morning Glory flower that are less superior to Heavenly Blue.

Plants I know of already are 
DMT containing
Acacia Maidenii (found in Aus) (DMT in the bark of the tree)
Acacia Obtusifolia (found in Aus) (DMT in the leaves and bark of the tree)

Mimosa Hostillis (found in the US) (DMT in the bark)

LSA containing
Ipomoea tricolor(Heavenly Blue, Morning Glory) (LSA in the seeds 100's needed for a decent dose)
Argyreia nervosa (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) (LSA in the seeds but only 10 or so needed in a dose)

I also like these but Salvia is illegal to posses here in Australia
Papaver somniferum (poppy - Opium)

Salvia Divinorum (Illegal in Aus)

I don't know much about Cacti but these look good. I don't know much about them so if anyone can choose the best ones to grow I'll start some of my own research on them.

Cactus
Trichocereus bridgesii
Trichocereus pachanoi (San Pedro)
Lophophora williamsii (Peyote) (takes years to grow apparently)
Trichocereus peruvianus

I'd really like input from other people about their experiences with these plants and other plants they grow, or have tried and recommend. I'll try and edit my main post so all the info everyone contributes will be kept in the one place and be more useful to people. I'm new to this myself so anything I really say is not from experience just from what I've read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: Buttsack]
    #10623787 - 07/05/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You could always grow your own tobacco if you wanted to, it wouldn't have the additives and extra chemicals in it.

--------------------

OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: Wapakz]
    #10624354 - 07/05/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Mimosa Hostillis only has appreciable amounts of DMT in the bark around the roots. 

Ipomoea tricolor and Argyreia nervosa are way lots of fun.  I'd only bother with Ipomoea tricolor until you get some Argyreia nervosa blooming and seeding.  Also, your doses seem a bit off on those, but this isn't the forum for that. 

You could do any of the Passion Fruits pretty easily (Passiflora species). They have an MAOI that will increase the effect/duration of the other psychedelics.  I would go with Passiflora incarnata, as it has the most documented actives, and certain other varieties have cyanide in the leaves. You could also do Passiflora edulis for the fruits, though I wouldn't be surprised if those already grow around you. 

Also, is Lophophora williamsii really legal in Australia?

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: Horticulture]
    #10627743 - 07/05/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Khat and Kratom :yesnod:

EG

OfflineButtsack
Stranger
    #10627819 - 07/06/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Tobacco sounds good. I don't smoke but it would be a good plant to ad to my garden.

Why would I only deal with the Ipomoea Tricolor until Argyreia Nervosa is blooming? Is Argyreia Nervosa better?

I can buy Passiflora edulis from my local fruit shop and it's actually my favourite fruit lol. So if I eat the passion fruits before I trip with mushrooms, DMT or LSA it will increase the effects?

Is there better plants that contain more MAOI.

I'm not sure if Lophophora williamsii is legal here but you can buy the seeds easy enough.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #10627867 - 07/06/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

As far as I know Lophophora williamsii is illegal in Australia. Seeds are quite easy to obtain though.

--------------------

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#10628106 - 07/06/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Buttsack said:Is there better plants that contain more MAOI.

You can get it from syrian rue if you want.

More importantly, I'd like to second eg's post of khat + kratom. You can't go wrong there.

OfflineButtsack
Stranger
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: drift]
    #10628276 - 07/06/09 02:31 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Would the Syrian Rue be better than the passion fruit?

Would Banisteriopsis caapi be a good one to grow for MAOI content? Or is Syrian Rue better and quicker to grow?

Catha edulis (Khat) looks good. I can't find any seed though from the 2 Aus sites I know of so I might keep looking.

Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom) definitely looks promising but is illegal to posses or sell in Aus, which sux.

Another one I've just discovered is
Tabernanthe Iboga (Iboga) Grind up the roots to make ibogaine.

If anyone has any experience with this one I'd really like to know.

Also if anyone can recommend so cacti that would be appreciated too.
Thanks

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Loc: AK-49
    #10628299 - 07/06/09 02:41 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Datura Innoxia is a pretty one. :yesnod: In three months mine was a monster. Had 57 leaves.:tongue:

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

OfflineButtsack
Stranger
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: TsalagiSpirit]
    #10633778 - 07/07/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TsalagiSpirit said:
Datura Innoxia is a pretty one. :yesnod: In three months mine was a monster. Had 57 leaves.:tongue:

Datura looks like a good one too. Have you tried it before? How many leaves did you chew and how long did it last?

OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #10633975 - 07/07/09 02:03 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Unless you live in a dry, arid environment, Syrian Rue is probably going to be more of a pain to grow than they use you'll get out of it.  The seeds seem to be rather notorious for being hard to germinate (I've had a ton of trouble with mine), and I believe the seeds are the only part to have substantial harmala alkaloids.  That means you have to grow it not only to the vegetative stage, but on into when it seeds.  Passiflora incarnata (the Maypop, native to North America) has, in my experience, ample harman, and is much easier to grow and use, as the entire plant is active.  Passiflora edulis, I know less about, but I know the fruit pulp doesn't have huge amounts of MAOI while the skin of the fruits do.  Unfortunately, the skins of most Passiflora also contain a poisonous cyanide, and while not in amounts that could kill a human at any reasonable dose, probably not something you want to ingest a lot of on a regular basis.  Leaves of edulis contain harmalas but I don't know how much, incarnata is usually the species of choice for MAOI purposes. 

Buttsack, this isn't the forum to discuss dosing on, especially not with Datura.

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#10638150 - 07/07/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Acquiring Iboga in the US is like searching for the illegal Holy Grail. I'm not interested in consumable Iboga, but rather a live plant or viable seeds. What I have found seems sketchy IMO.

Finding khat seeds isn't really that difficult. Finding VIABLE khat seeds can be tricky. You will probably need to look outside your country for seeds. I think a lot of the troubles with viability is the time of year in which the seeds are purchased. I bought mine in early March if I remember correctly. I had great success with seeds from 2 different vendors. I got 11/18 total, and another person here had success with the last batch I got.

Isn't tobacco a banned plant in Australia? I thought it was anyhow. :shrug:

And for reference, datura is a very dangerous plant. People die. Exercise caution if you use, do a lot of reading, and remember that most everyone hates it. Just a warning. Oh, and the seeds are where its at, not the leaves although the entire plant is active I believe :wink:.

EG

OfflineChrisB7
Stranger
    #10638431 - 07/07/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, fellow Australian here.

As for what to grow, datura/brugmansia is alright, but dude, I seriously advise against taking it. You get really fucked up and can become very dangerous. (moreso than PCP in some cases.)

You can grow some opium poppies, seeds are pretty easy to get, and I really like passionflower for some reason, it gives you a really mellow buzz and looks really sweet when it grows. Lion's tail is also really awesome, it's got an alright buzz, sort of like low-mid pot and looks really amazing before it's harvested.

I hope I've helped ya, if you ever get a supply or need anything just hit me up, I always have some good stuff to trade.

(Thanks for that, ethnoguy)

Edited by ChrisB7 (07/07/09 09:01 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: ChrisB7]
    #10638446 - 07/07/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You need to edit out the vendor ChrisB7. Against the rules. PMs ftw :wink:

EG

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Loc: AK-49
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #10639214 - 07/07/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not going to give dosage advise but I use all parts of the plant. I use Datura ritually but I do enjoy smoking leaves with mj, gives a nice twist to ganga.

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

OfflineButtsack
Stranger
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: TsalagiSpirit]
    #10640177 - 07/08/09 04:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well Iboga I definitely will be getting but the seeds aren't available here until spring.

As for Datura I will grow it but I don't I have enough experience for that type of trip. I've never had a bad trip so I don't know what I'll do if it happened on Datura.

Is Lobelia inflata - Indian Tobacco a good Tobacco to grow? Are there other species that are better? That one is said to help asthma and help quit smoking.

Offlinetenacioustornado
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10640199 - 07/08/09 05:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

lobelia isn't like tobacco might help with cravings I didn't notice anything personally I only chew though unless I have some rustica. It did help soothe the lungs like mullein,but a little stronger definitely a different feeling compared to other harsh herbs.

OfflineChrisB7
Stranger
    #10641058 - 07/08/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good, and don't really worry about datura. It's a very pretty flower, and it'll stick around until you're ready :wink:

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: ChrisB7]
    #10641295 - 07/08/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I grow Datura every year. Not for the trip but just to have the beautifull flowers  "plus my plants spit out seeds all over in the fall so they just pop up and I let them grow as is :tongue:"

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recommended Legal Psychoactive Plants To Grow? [Re: cpw1971]
    #10643338 - 07/08/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

rofl, Datura is nuts.  I hear stories of people imagining entire incidents that never happen.  Like conversations with dead friends.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules