Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson
    #10596638 - 06/30/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson
By Joe Lambe
McClatchy Newspapers
Updated: 06/30/2009 07:44:01 AM CDT

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Drugs shaped like Snoopy, Transformers and President Barack Obama's head have recently shown up on the streets, adding to a trend that worries police and health experts.

Colorful Ecstasy pills started showing up last year shaped as Homer and Bart Simpson, Ninja Turtles and other characters. As more of the pills that look like vitamins or candy go out locally and nationwide, they put children at great risk, police and experts said.

"Someone leaves this around ... kids pick them up and boom," said H. Westley Clark, director of the federal Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.

The result could be seizures, a spiked blood pressure and heart rate and even death, he said.

In May, Drug Enforcement Administration officials in Nevada sent out warnings that the cartoon pills were in Las Vegas. Dealers there call Ecstasy "Thizz" and market it to minors, the DEA warned. They also said they had found pills shaped like Ninja Turtles, Transformers and other "Simpsons" characters.

Also in May, police in Utah busted a drug ring and found 500 Ecstasy pills stamped in the shape of Obama and Snoopy.

The cartoon character marketing is a ploy by predators to promote a dangerous drug as light fun in order to sell to more teens and young adults, Clark said. The irresponsible marketers also use false advertising, police said, because the tablets often contain no Ecstasy at all but instead a powerful mix of other drugs.

For more than a year, about half the so-called Ecstasy pills tested at labs in Kansas City and Johnson County, Kan., have turned out not to be Ecstasy. They were a combination of other drugs once used to treat stomach parasites that have effects and dangers similar to Ecstasy.

The shaped tablets are more likely to be fake than flat tablets sold as Ecstasy, drug experts said.

Ecstasy tends to crumble and does not press as easily as the piperazine family of drugs once used to kill stomach worms, said Zachary Skinner, a forensic chemist at the Kansas City Police Department crime lab.

It takes a combination of two variations of piperazine to get the Ecstasy effects, he said. This combination surfaced in New Zealand in the 1990s as "legalX," but many countries have since criminalized BZP, one of the variations.

In the United States, BZP is illegal under federal law and Missouri law, but it is legal in Kansas.

Balerie Kamb, a supervisor at the Johnson County crime lab, said that should be changed. Her lab started occasionally finding BZP two years ago, but it skyrocketed, she said. "We're surprised now when we get (Ecstasy) instead of BZP."

Other state crime labs are starting to report the same. In Ohio, labs first found the worm-killer drugs in January 2008 and within a year they were in more than half the pills tested, according to an Ohio report.

The report also said some users call Ecstasy "a surprise high," because they never know what they're getting or how strong it will be. Drugs like caffeine, methamphetamine and even heroin also sometimes get into the pills.

Forget exact dosages and quality control, Clark said, and sloppy manufacturing also can make people sick from bacteria or chemical contamination.

In Australia, more than 60 people have died in the past eight years from Ecstasy or another drug substituted for it, according to media reports.

In the United States, there are no comprehensive numbers on deaths, but reports from cities in eight states found it was involved in 50 deaths in 2005, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.

Kamb said simply, "You're playing Russian roulette with these pills."

Ecstasy has spread to colleges, high schools and the rap scene since it became popular with rave gatherings in the 1990s.

Usage has been on the decline nationally: Americans older than 12 who said they had taken it in the past year dropped from a high of 3.2 million in 2002 to just over 2 million in 2007.

http://www.twincities.com/national/ci_12720212?source=rss

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: motaman]
    #10597124 - 06/30/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

No kids have enough money for ecstasy... But this is why we should end prohibition

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

Offlinediminutiveshroom
Ecologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: neopet nub]
    #10597142 - 06/30/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Obama Power

--------------------

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: diminutiveshroom]
    #10597413 - 06/30/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i think most people now realize that the novelty shaped outpresses are all pipe bombs anyway.

i didn't know though that the piperazines were once used to treat stomach worms?

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: istandalone]
    #10597450 - 06/30/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't they cry about the mickey mouse, felix the cat, etc etc etc. blotters from the 70s, or wat about the 90s and the simpson, transformer, scooby doo blotters.

--------------------

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: diminutiveshroom]
    #10597471 - 06/30/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

In Australia, more than 60 people have died in the past eight years from Ecstasy or another drug substituted for it, according to media reports

That sounds REALLY safe to me when you look at the numbers. To top it off it's a fucking street drug from many sources, with tons of cooks, tons of people who cut the drug, and multiple cuts...that's fucking seven to eight deaths PER YEAR that are almost entirely related to the fact that ecstasy is illegal and the impurity and lack of education causes too much water or not enough water intake or take ecstasy while on a medication is dangerous and because of lack of education there are deaths.

There are over 500 deaths per year from aspirin, 450 deaths from tylenol, and there are almost 130 deaths from suicide induced consumption of birth control exactly how the FDA and doctors recommend.

I fucking HATE when they throw numbers out there with complete disregard for the context or complete disregard for the intelligence of the reader.

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: wireless]
    #10597601 - 06/30/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

werd.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineTrance104
Businessman
Male

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #10597699 - 06/30/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The very best x pill that I ever came across was lab made and stamped with mickey mouse. It did have other stuff in it, but it was true MDMA. Houston area. I wish I could have met the person that made it. I would have given them a hug. It wasn't those shitty hard-pressed ones. It was definitely made at a pharmaceutical laborotory. It was a true pill form, not just a hard pink and white speckled circle squished together. Wish I could come across that again.

--------------------
Can't stop the Trance! Dance!! DANCE!!!

A good archive of Trance music to listen to when you want to relax or trip with.
www.trance104.com

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: motaman]
    #10597789 - 06/30/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, they look like the same ones that the DEA Microgram listed as bunk

Know your source and get/use a good test kit.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#10597964 - 06/30/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

"Someone leaves this around ... kids pick them up and boom," said H. Westley Clark, director of the federal Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.

Yes. I've also heard that children explode upon taking ecstasy:grin:

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: JackofSpades]
    #10598004 - 06/30/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i had some obama acid tabs last week.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10598069 - 06/30/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Why don't they cry about the mickey mouse, felix the cat, etc etc etc. blotters from the 70s, or wat about the 90s and the simpson, transformer, scooby doo blotters.

Oh, believe me they did cry about it... cartoon characters have always been used to brand drugs whether it be lsd or mdma.

My biggest concern is that these character-pressed pills are usually bunk. A friend of mine had a bad experience with a Transformer pill...stay away!

--------------------

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: FleshCap]
    #10598125 - 06/30/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had a transformer that was all white all was the fucking bomb

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: tealeaf]
    #10598162 - 06/30/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i had a circular transformer and it was DANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: Coaster]
    #10598614 - 06/30/09 03:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had brown transformers a few weeks ago, best pills I've ever had.

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10598952 - 06/30/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had a hard purple transformer that I had my doubts about but was the real deal.........e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineThizzyMarley
Stoner
Male

Loc: Everett, WA
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: electrics]
    #10598966 - 06/30/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Those are all over the place here in WA

OfflineSpode
Shponglizer
Male User Gallery

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: ThizzyMarley]
    #10599351 - 06/30/09 06:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

"Someone leaves this around ... kids pick them up and boom,"

best day of that kids life.

ive had 250mg of pure molly disolved in water and i have to say after that regular rolls just dont cut it anymore.

OfflineJrea
As seen on T.V.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 303
Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: veggie]
    #10599715 - 06/30/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

those look bunk as hell anyways

--------------------
ツ♥☮impulse☮♥ツ

★☆ one body one mind one soul one life one chance to ʞɔnɟ it all up☆★

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: Illegal drugs showing up in shape of Snoopy, Transformers and Homer Simpson [Re: Coaster]
    #10600021 - 06/30/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
i had a circular transformer and it was DANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

:thumbup:

yellow with very light press.

on topic: "THINK OF THE CHILDRENS AAAAAHHHHH!!!!" You could convince anyone to do anything with that line. It's so much bullshit.

"Someone leaves this around ... kids pick them up and boom,"

since when did kids want to eat vitamins anyway?

Edited by EdgeChaos (06/30/09 08:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder