Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell
    #10301478 - 05/07/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Posting this just to get it out of my head and onto the page, figure that maybe it will help me out a little bit. Now the story goes as this, I had bought an eighth of some really good weed (very dense sativa) and I proceeded to smoke a few bowls with my girlfriend. After she had to go to work I rolled through to my friend's house and I hit his ROOR, tried to do a full half packing. Immediately I knew I was in a world of trouble. I got so high so fast that it started to really bug me out. This weed for some reason gave me a very heavy derealization and I felt as though I was immediately into a state of dejavu. I played some bongos with my friend and had a blast, but as soon as I stopped I started to freak out. I feel what I had was a mixture of an anxiety attack and a weed trip. I started becoming very paranoid and I told my friend I needed milk to kill the high a little bit. I took some milk and he had to leave so I went out and tried to drive home, bad idea. The hardest I have ever had to drive in a car. Now the worst part about anixety attacks from being too high is this feeling overcomes you, a complete loss of control. It comes onto you like your spine is being stretched out and as if all the air in your lungs is being pushed out your mouth. It comes on in waves.

I went home and had some more milk and tried to just wait till I came down, but I didn't. I don't even think I was high anymore, but the anxiety attack was still in full effect and it still felt as though I was high. I tried meditating, no help. I tried eating more, no help. When my girlfriend got out of work I drove to pick her up and while in the parking lot my mind was running so fast. I was stuck in an endless thought loop of why I was going crazy (I thought I must be really losing it). When she got out I told her she had to drive and we got some food. I ate even more food, and I still felt high. We finally left each other and I tried to sleep to no avail. The next morning I was still feeling pretty stoned (psychologically) and we tried to drive to Jersey to go see the World's biggest Kaliedoscope, bad idea. While driving I had to pull over and she had to drive. I was having another attack and I pretty much brokedown in my car and told her all the stuff that had been on my mind. We tried to get back through the city and we were sitting in traffic for hours, I had such a heavy dejavu the entire time and it was driving me crazy. I was thuroughly convinced that I had skitophrenia and I was freaking out. We came home and made some food, went back to my house and drank some wine to see if it'll come my nerves. Took some melatonin too, didn't sleep too much.

Now I laid off the weed for a few days and have now been getting back into it. The only problem is the fear of that feeling is always in my head, it makes me anxious before I smoke and it doesn't subside until I'm actually high. If you have felt weed coming on in waves its the worst feeling in the world, easily just as bad as any of my bad mushroom trips. I don't know why I posted this, just wanted to get it off my chest. I hope that eventually this fear will go away as I show myself that it was just a rare occurrence and only caused by me being waaaaay too high. Its happened to me once before, but not as bad. It really sucks, Marijuana is powerful. I have an eighth sitting in my drawer that I have hardly touched, its Grapefruit and hella tastey = )

That is all.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Rocker232]
    #10301493 - 05/07/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I've had weed do that too me a few times, Seems like some weed causes anxiety..Nothing a valium cant kill...

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

Invisiblejds

#10301494 - 05/07/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, that sucks, I hope you get better soon.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

#10301516 - 05/07/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Good read, this is for whoever says weed isn't psychedelic or should be treated without respect.

I feel you man, I've been there myself. Smoked way too much when i was still new to weed, and that combined with paranoia (the owner of the house's parent busted on us when we were high) made a downwards spiral to hell. I ended up throwing up and passing out. Treat the plant with respect and it will respect you :heart:

--------------------

Offlinefungidungi
The magic maker ~,*,~
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere out there!
    #10301525 - 05/07/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Crazy shit bro!when I was younger that use to happen to me every once in a while.But not for that long. what the heck is a ROOR?

--------------------

Today is the same day that tomorrow was yesterday......            -L.W.S

[quote]Madtowntripper said:
LSD will get you through times of no Wheat Thins better than Wheat Thins will get you through times of no LSD.[/quote]

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: fungidungi]
    #10301554 - 05/07/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A ROOR is a high quality bong, gives you a rip like no other. The other thing is that my tolerance right now is definitely down, I used to be ripping bongs throughout the day, but now I only really smoke at night. Good to see I'm not the only one this has happened too. And yes I do think it pertains to certain kinds of weed, or rather just those that are of extremely high quality. The only other time this happened to me was with some really good white widow, and I just kept vaping, kept taking bong hits etc

I try to space my hits out now and let the high hit me before I up it to a new level.

--------------------

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #10301721 - 05/07/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This post makes me miss that east coast chronic.
This shitty mexican brick weed doesn't even get me close :lol:

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: satyr]
    #10301807 - 05/07/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

east coast chronic?

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Helpme1]
    #10301888 - 05/07/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That sounds like an awful experience.  I have had anxiety attacks from smoking too much as well, and they are no fun.  One thing I have found that really helps is kava kava.  I keep some extract on hand at all times for whenever I get overwhelmed or stressed, and it is extremely soothing without making me feel out-of-it or impaired like Valium sometimes does.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: envisionary333]
    #10301929 - 05/07/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

By Kava Kava extract, do you mean an alcohol tincture or a smokable extract?

I have some smokable Kava Kava.

It's kinda numby and nice. :yesnod:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #10301952 - 05/07/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Helpme1 said:
east coast chronic?

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

yeah, i definitely stated that wrong :lol:
what i meant was, where I used to live on the east coast, I had access to some really amazing chronic, that clearly wasnt from the east coast, lol

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#10301963 - 05/07/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It really sucks, Marijuana is powerful. I have an eighth sitting in my drawer that I have hardly touched, its Grapefruit and hella tastey = )

You should tightly and carefully box up those dangerous drugs and mail them to my house for proper disposal.

--------------------

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10302004 - 05/07/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

I didn't even know there was a smokable form of kava kava!  I just buy the extract in pill form, usually the Gaian Herbs brand.  I have tried using the whole root to make drinks but the taste was pretty overwhelming, and I had to get down quite a bit for noticeable effects.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Invisiblecuddlebear
Free hugs
 User Gallery

#10302015 - 05/07/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
I was having another attack and I pretty much brokedown in my car and told her all the stuff that had been on my mind.

Do you think what was "on your mind" had anything to do with your anxiety attack triggered by smoking?

I'm a firm believer that many psychedelics (loosely defined) often bring to surface that which we try to bury. At least that's happened a lot to me and I know others on here have shared this too.

I've had similar experiences to you in the past with pot and other substances in that sometimes I start tripping out and it can really bring out my social anxiety. A few times it got me thinking why was I so anxious around some people I didn't know? I eventually examined where these feelings were originating and found out that it's because I'm afraid of being judged. Then I realize it's silly and who really cares what someone else thinks? They are going to think what they think, I have no control over this, and if they judge a book by its cover it's their loss.

Occasional pot smoking and salvia have brought to light ideas that have been very therapeutic for me. Had I chose to suppress this I only think it would have gotten worse.

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:  Great reading for beginners

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: envisionary333]
    #10302086 - 05/07/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

envisionary333 said:
Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

I didn't even know there was a smokable form of kava kava!  I just buy the extract in pill form, usually the Gaian Herbs brand.  I have tried using the whole root to make drinks but the taste was pretty overwhelming, and I had to get down quite a bit for noticeable effects.

For smokable Kava:

Take about 1 cup of Kava powder and put it in a Mason jar.

Then pour Acetone in to where it covers the powder by about an inch.

Shake it up and strain the acetone.

Put some scullcap or something in the acetone and let it dry.

For a good Kava drink:

Put 3 oz Kava in the blender with 32 oz whole milk

Blend for 5 minutes.

Strain milk, discard powder.

You now have enough Kava milk for two pitchers of Kava Mudslides.

Pour 3 cups of ice, 6 oz vodka, 2 oz Kahlua, 2oz esspresso, half of your Kava milk, and two scoops of ice cream in blender.

Blend for 30 seconds.

Drizzle some chocolate syrup around edges of tall glass, pour in concoction, and top with a touch of whipped cream.

You will hardly taste the Kava.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineSnorlax
Feather Lost in the Wind

Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10302794 - 05/07/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've never had issues with cannabis causing anxiety or paranoia.  But I meditate each day for an hour.  Perhaps meditation would remedy or lessen the ill effects when taking large amounts of cannabis?

Even after shot-gunning a full 1/2 ounce of cannaoil, I never became paranoid.  Certainly felt bizarre and there was no escaping the effects at that point, but never entered a point as described.

The paranoia with weed is rather interesting to me.  I've seen a friend become so entrenched in panic that he was crying, shaking, and numerous other things usually seen during a bad trip.  I had to literally pick him off (he weighs 200 lbs mind you and I was 140 at this point) the balcony and drag him to the car and then drive him to a secluded location until he finally came down.

Very strange, and I wonder why some are seemingly more susceptible than others to this sort of panic.

Offlinesumguyy
Stranger
    #10302859 - 05/07/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

this happend to me the other day, threw up , felt incredibly bad if I moved just a little bit and had to stay perfectly still for a few hours. I'm still rebuilding tolerance.

also ithappend to me a few years back and for months afterwards, I always felt a bit queezy and had little panic attacs, don't remembe r it going away b ut it did eventualy, I'm just hoping it wont take me that long again.

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: sumguyy]
    #10302877 - 05/07/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Virgin lungs.

Honestly, who still can get too high off weed. I wish I would trip balls like that still.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Edited by Legalize (05/07/09 02:28 PM)

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Legalize]
    #10302915 - 05/07/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hell ya legalize im with you on that. at first i thought he was talking about ripping the bud while tripping on a real psychedelic..not JUST weed lol. somthing tells me the OP is some highschool kid. I mean ill pack bongs allllllllllllllllllll day ( yea i know many faggots say that, but im just bein real) of the dankest shit in roc city (east coast DOES have dank ass weed) right before goin to work or anything really. tollerance has gotten way too high for me. im just sick of people claiming bud is a powerful drug demanding respect...shit you dont need to respect bud at all its childs play compared to real drugs. smoke some dmt and tell me how hard you were "tripping" on your bowl pack of bud.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Too much High Quality Mary Jane = Weed Trip from Hell [Re: Legalize]
    #10302948 - 05/07/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Legalize said:
Virgin lungs.

Honestly, who still can get too high off weed. I wish I would trip balls like that still.

Been smoking for a few years now, my lungs have had quite a lot of weed in them. It was moreso that this weed was very strong and I personally am pretty sensitive to Marijuana. I do meditate, but I am trying to meditate for longer periods of time nowadays. I have been stressed lately and all though I do contribute it to the anixety attack, I was also EXTREMELY high. So high that I needed to kill it as soon as possible, it felt very uncomfortable and far too much like a dream. This same weed gave me a very heavy dejavu the night before.

I'm also finally coming to terms with a bad trip I had on mushrooms. I also have been overtraining, which I am trying to correct now. It was just a lot of bad things piled up and in that state of mind it was too much. I like to convince myself I am crazy at times, but when I read the delusions of others I see that I just have a mind that likes to wander. Anxiety attacks suck and if you've never had one, be very thankful for it.

Kava kava does help, but how much should I rely on it? I have been taking it ever since (for about 2 weeks now) once a day, but I don't want to feel like I need it just to smoke weed. I have pills that have 250mg kavakava extract and 50mg kava kava. I wish I had a smokeable form.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals