Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

intoxicating mint seeds, what now?!
    #10253194 - 04/28/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ok so i recently got many many many seeds in the mail and im so excited about growing them! the intoxicating mint and Pedicularis canadensis are by far my favorite of the bunch (also yopo, dona ana, snake plant, opium poppy, pineapple cactus, cardon grande, bala etc much more..)

but this post will be just about the intoxicating mint. i have a total of 13 seeds. i put one in normal potting soil, point down with just the very top of it visible in the dirt. i put plastic wrap over the top and its on a heating pad at around 80F. i did that yesterday night and nothing has happened yet (i know im just really excited). an hour ago i put a cotton pad on the bottom of a small petri dish, soaked it in tap water then placed two seeds on top then the lid. this i put in the refrigerator.

so ive read tons of contradictory threads etc on growing this plant from seed and im not sure of the best method. any experience? should i drop some money on some GA3 to help with germination? is the cold stratification going to help? light dependent growth or?

any help would be fantastic, i really want to grow this little sucker, it sounds like a very interesting plant. not to mention the demand there will be for cuttings!

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegarfixas
Your Friend

Folding@home Statistics
Re: intoxicating mint seeds, what now?! [Re: LitCloset]
    #10253378 - 04/28/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't heard about this specific plant before. Got any links to some good info on this one. Might give growing it a try.

--------------------
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: intoxicating mint seeds, what now?! [Re: garfixas]
    #10253679 - 04/29/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i have yet to try it myself. but the few threads ive seen on this site as well as several post on erowid make it sound positively active though the reacrational value (especially at the current cost) im not sure of.

Lagochilus inebrians also known as intoxicating mint, inebriating mint, turkish mint, lagochilis inebrians and much more. it is suppose to have strong sedative effects. ive seen it referred to as the holy grail of ethnobotanicals though i have yet to figure out exactly why... it is an endangered species so ensure any plant material you buy is from a sustainable source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inebriating_mint
http://www.erowid.org/plants/lagochilus/lagochilus.shtml

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag