Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea?
    #10223369 - 04/23/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

G'day guys, how's things,

I've searched the forum and googled all that and found quite a wealth of information on this topic but I have a few questions for those experienced.

I'd like to make a strong cup of weed tea that would knock my socks off like baking with weed would. Purely for the reason that with cooking I could make the house smell of pot, and sadly I still with my parents - they'd get annoyed.

Anyway, how would I go about this? I know THC is only very slightly soluble in water, but I'm worried if I put butter in the hot water with the THC, it'll curdle and will just make me sick.

This is what I've got in mind, and I would really appreciate some clarification on this to know if it's good:

1. Put 2 or 3 buds in a cup.

2. Pour in boiling water and stir, (leaving to sit for an hour?)

3. Come back and pour milk in, and then put in a tablespoon of butter (Or should I do this in the first place.. with the water?)

4. Stir for a few minutes, scoop out weed with a spoon and squeeze the buds until they cannot be squeezed anymore, get all the juice out.)

5. Drink.

Edit: Also, what temperature will the water need to be at? Water from the jug alright? Just as making normal tea?

Now, would that work, and would that be pretty potent?

Look forward to your answers, cheers guys. :smile:

Edited by Mr_Insidious (04/23/09 11:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsychonaut52
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Amazon Jungle
Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: Mr_Insidious]
    #10223417 - 04/23/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That works. You can also add a little bit of alcohol to the tea to help get some of the THC out too. I usually only put buds in and make sure there are no stems in what I put in the tea, so I just leave the buds in there and drink them up with the tea. If there are still any cannabinoids or THC left that didn't get absorbed by the tea, at least you'll still get them absorbed through your stomach.

--------------------
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha

COGNITIVE LIBERTY NOW!

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: psychonaut52]
    #10223427 - 04/23/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

One of my favorite ways is to make hot chocolate.
Find yourself some chocolate with a high cocoa fat content, and simply simmer your product in the chocolate and prepare as you normally would.

I also like to simmer the bud in heavy cream, and use it to make chai. A delicious way to consume good cannabis :thumbup:

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinepsychonaut52
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Amazon Jungle
Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: satyr]
    #10223437 - 04/23/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That sounds delicious, but could very well not work for this guy.
Quote:

I'd like to make a strong cup of weed tea that would knock my socks off like baking with weed would. Purely for the reason that with cooking I could make the house smell of pot, and sadly I still with my parents - they'd get annoyed.

Does the chocolate cover up the smell? I can't imagine that just the cream and chai spices would do it.

--------------------
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha

COGNITIVE LIBERTY NOW!

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: satyr]
    #10223449 - 04/23/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet thanks guys. :smile:

satyr that Chai idea sounds awesome. I've got a bit of cream in my fridge but it's light, not heavy... I'll chuck it in with the tea anyway. But yeah psychonaut does have a point about the smell...

If not all the THC is absorbed, could I smoke the strained buds? Or would that be a futile attempt to make sure I don't waste my weed.

Cheers.

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: psychonaut52]
    #10223468 - 04/23/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i recomend shredding the weed before steeping because if you let the buds sit there whole, the inside of the buds would probably still have a good amount of goodies in it untouched even when you take them out and squeeze them
:baggy:....

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (04/23/09 11:35 PM)

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
    #10223544 - 04/23/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Bring the cream up nearly to a boil, but not scalding or causing it to solidify at the top. Grind up the bud and stir it in. Then stir regularly for 5-10 minutes. Use the cream in tea. Shouldn't smell as much as baking it.

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Most potent way of making a strong cup of marijuana tea? [Re: Compass]
    #10223843 - 04/24/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks again guys for that advice, I don't have a grinder but I will split the weed and break it so that it's more shredded than just whole.

Compass - That sounds cool, would that be the same as making a normal cup of tea and then putting said ground up weed into the cup, with cream, then stirring around?

It just seems to me that cream seems to be fine and not solidify when I put it in a hot coffee.. maybe it'll be the same?

If not, what means would be the best for bringing it near boiling point, just a normal pan you would cook noodles in? Wait until it almost starts to bubble then switch the element off?

Cheers.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #10229292 - 04/24/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Imo, the best way to prep the herb before making into edibles is to first put your buds in some aluminum foil, bake far about 10 minutes, then run through a coffee grinder until well pulverized. The oven makes the stuff more potent, and the pulverizing makes it easier to extract the goodies into the fat.
Just a suggestion

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures