Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

What is best to start my psychedelic experiences??
    #10209389 - 04/21/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Alright. So recently, in the past probably 3 months, I have become obsessed with the world of psychedelics. The thought of mind expansion, personal growth, ego death, spiritual experiences, blasts to different dimensions, hallucinations, third eyes, synthestasia, crazy visuals, all interest me more than anything ever has before. Often, asking to be excused from class so I can go write a "big research paper" then researching all kinds of crazy drugs is common for me haha. One thing I've noticed is all around more happiness since reading trip reports and listening to trippy music. I dont know, for some reason, even without taking psychedelics, I feel different. For one thing, I tried salvia a few weeks ago, and have smoked a few times in my past, and Ive noticed bright spots that are in my vision constantly (the spots you get when you look at something bright) and I love them. I feel overall that life has so much beauty and potential, Its just about finding what makes you happy. Also, another WEIRD thing, is DMT. Never took it, but read into it for about 7 hours one day while constantly listening to Shpongle. That night, I had some fucking crazzzzyy dreams. Unlike any I've ever had before. Anyways, Ive always been more or a thinker than your average teen who just takes shit to get fucked up. I hate when people dont respect psychedelics and take them for fun more than they should. I personally want to take lsd/shrooms for an actually experience that i can benefit from other than having fun visuals for a few hours. My question is what do you think would be the best substance to take to start my experiences with psychedelics.??

If you read this all, thanks for your patience!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekennedy
Male

Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: erikm]
    #10209437 - 04/21/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

meth.

OfflineIn_A_Transit
Turn on, tune in, drop out

#10209440 - 04/21/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

A low dose of mush is a good start. Anywhere around 1.5 - 2.5g. Also if you can get a hold of mescaline that is a relativitly safe & mellow drug. I wouldn't have gone straight into salvia, but that was not my choice to make. Good Luck to whatever choice you decided to make and read up on it. Research can help you from having a bad trip :smile:

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: kennedy]
    #10209454 - 04/21/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

meth?! why do you say that?

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10209464 - 04/21/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe a tab of acid? Maybe... half a tab? I've yet to try LSD myself but I have heard for people who haven't experienced it.. half a tab of some good acid would be a good starting point, to test the water.

Cheers.

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

#10209480 - 04/21/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, i tried salvia, but it didnt work. However it was plain leaves and I knew i wasnt doing it right. not at all with the right conditions. I just hate smoking anything. When I get high, I use a vape. I think smoke is disgusting, and i feel it for the next couple days.

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

#10209686 - 04/21/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

anyone?

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: In_A_Transit]
    #10209730 - 04/21/09 07:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

In_A_Transit said:
A low dose of mush is a good start. Anywhere around 1.5 - 2.5g...
...Research can help you from having a bad trip :smile:

This :thumbup:

Acid is supposedly a good psychedelic because its a bit harder to have a bad trip on them, but i've never had it so i can't say for sure.

I would personally suggest a low dose of mushrooms. Go somewhere high up, like a hill or a mountain, and dose right before sunrise. When the sun comes up, it will be very inspiring :smile:

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineManyAk
Not A Shitgiver
Male

Loc: Somewhere but not here
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: Green_T]
    #10209751 - 04/21/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Speaking from my own personal experience, don't plan anything for your first trip man. In one way or another, it'll be totally NOT like you've imagined, and you won't do any of the things you planned.

So like everybody said, just go some place nice, somewhere you feel comfortable (a good setting in other words), and enjoy the heaven and hell out of it!

--------------------
                                  we are all luminous beings
why then do we not appear before each other radiant in our illumination

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: Green_T]
    #10209779 - 04/21/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

many your avatar is fucking scary ha

Offlinekennedy
Male

#10209791 - 04/21/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

erikm said:
meth?! why do you say that?

just kidding, what's available to you?

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

#10209832 - 04/21/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hmmmm. thats a good question. im growing my own shrooms currently. Acid, although im not familiar with the quality, id have to find out how clean it is. umm i think E which i do plan on taking sometime soon. DMT im very interested in, but I think im gonna have to extract that myself if i want it. and i know nothing about the process. even with a guide i dont know if ill be able to pull that off. Ive never really looked for suppliers for psychedelics, although im sure theres more locally than im aware of

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
    #10209880 - 04/21/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

E is good. I don't enjoy it alone as much as mushies. Better with good company IMO. Euphoria.

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

Offlinekennedy
Male

#10209953 - 04/21/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

erikm said:
hmmmm. thats a good question. im growing my own shrooms currently. Acid, although im not familiar with the quality, id have to find out how clean it is. umm i think E which i do plan on taking sometime soon. DMT im very interested in, but I think im gonna have to extract that myself if i want it. and i know nothing about the process. even with a guide i dont know if ill be able to pull that off. Ive never really looked for suppliers for psychedelics, although im sure theres more locally than im aware of

you're growing mushrooms? just beware of contamination.
I'd start with mushrooms or lsd (cleanliness is not really an issue in my opinion, other substances aren't usually active at doses that small and will not interfere with the lsd.)  both have pros and cons that you should read about before you try them.
as far as dosage, an 8th of mushrooms or 2 hits of acid is standard but can still get crazy at times.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
    #10209969 - 04/21/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Jump right into it with a medium dose.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #10210040 - 04/21/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

mushrooms are the only drug i've ever tried besides alcohol and pot (a little). maybe i'm not a very curious person? but really, i can't imagine loving/respecting a substance more than psilocybin. it's certainly a fine place to start, or in my case stay.

a light dose, sure, so you know a little of what to expect, your sensitivity, but mainly so you know how much will be a lot. then plan that dose.

Offlinejoshmo59326
Societal Mold-Breaker
Male
Loc: MI, 48708 USA
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #10210042 - 04/21/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

idk i might be weird but my first somewhat psychedelic experience was with DXM. Anyone can get that so it shouldn't be a prob.  Ever since i first did it i have had a certain liking for it. Thats just my opinion.

--------------------
I do all the things thats aren't acceptable.

Offlineasagao
Stranger
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: joshmo59326]
    #10210560 - 04/21/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i say give the salvia a second chance.  its probably readily available to you anyway.  this time though, quid it.  regular leaf is fine.  just use a very large amount.  thats what i did for my first trip and it was fantastic and i still remember it.  the transition from sober to beautiful trip was almost seemless. 

advantages are that the trip will only last for like 20 minutes, so if you dont like it youre not stuck for a few hours like if you took shrooms.  its not shocking like smoked salvia and it wont make you barf like MGs, shrooms, mescaline etc.  its also more of a "trip" than say E.

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: asagao]
    #10210705 - 04/21/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

asagao said:
  its also more of a "trip" than say E.

Absolutely. E is more of a feeling than a "trip." Nothing trumps nature.

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: drainhaven]
    #10210908 - 04/21/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'd say go for 2g's of some shrooms, acid (i think) varies greatly from person to person so its nice to know at least what a trip is before you venture there. I haven't tried mescaline yet but I've heard its a pretty good place to start although its quite a long experience so I guess thats up to you. Don't do DMT first, and salvia is ok, but I'm pretty sure its a dissociative not a psychedelic. Salvia is for sure not my favorite, I did it three times in one day and haven't ventured back since. Whatever you choose(mushrooms!) have fun with it and remember set and setting.

Whatever your expectations are, throw them out the window. Only expect the unexpected.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: Moonraker]
    #10211178 - 04/21/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My first was a low dose of mushrooms and a nature walk

i wouldn't classify ecstasy as a psychedelic, although it does have some psychedelic potential... i wouldn't say it about marijuana either

i haven't tried acid yet. but shrooms are awesome :]
def a great way to be introduced into the world psychedelics can bring you. natural too.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #10211202 - 04/21/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

go for the mushes

OfflineAngryPhil
Herenow

#10211610 - 04/22/09 01:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

the first time i did shrooms i ended up taking a quarter ounce. i started out with an 8th and was having the best time of my entire life, so i took another half 8th and it was even better. so i figured i'd take yet another half 8th and it all went to hell from there and i freaked out and thought i was dying and told everyone to call 911. thank god they didn't.

the first time i did acid i did 1 and 2/3 of a hit and had the most amazing time of my life and started yelling that i was in heaven and freaked out my 2 friends who had taken the same amount.

both of these times i was so messed up that i had forgotten that i was really just tripping. if i had taken smaller doses before that i probably would have recognized what was happening to me and known that i was just under the effect of drugs and wouldn't have freaked out. so from my own personal experience i would recommend starting with moderate doses.

i've done salvia and dmt once each and those aren't bad places to start. they can be pretty strong but if you have a bad trip it's ok because it only lasts a couple minutes.

but it really depends on what you can get i guess. i've wanted to do psychedelics since my freshman year of high school and just like you i read as much as i could about them, but didn't get a chance until my freshman year of college.

but good luck in your future of psychedelics, but remember that no matter how much you read, you'll never know what to expect. some things just can't be explained with words.

--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

#10216413 - 04/22/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

anyone else??
:omgawesome:

Offlinestubborn
Opening My Third Eye

#10217680 - 04/23/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms were my first.

You seem to be diving in for the right reason so I see no need for a mediocre dose.  If you're going to dive in.... dive in with your balls first.  The worst that will ever happen is that you'll see tomorrow.

My first time, I ate about 30 grams wet.  After an hour my body was giving me two choices... 1) Don't eat more and have a fun/easy time with my friends.  2) Eat more and see what is on the other side of this world.  So, being as ready as ever, I ate more and headed for the wild.  That day ranks in at number 1 for having the most positive effect on my life.

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: What is best to start my psychedelic experiences?? [Re: stubborn]
    #10217786 - 04/23/09 01:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Dose is just as important as substance- I advise starting low at first and make sure to have some calming music on hand.  (Mostly I use songs without lyrics for tripping)  If you have a close friend around who has experience with psychedelics that's a huge plus.  In my experience, mescaline is the easiest to acclimate to.  (You would need to get some San Pedro or Peruvian Torch cactus for this)  It does not distort reality too greatly and I find it to be very relaxing and pleasant.  No complete ego-dissolution or alien encounters or anything like that (unless you take a lot!)...  DMT/ayahuasca experiences are my most challenging trips BY FAR, with high-dose shrooms a close second.  I love the man-made chemicals like acid and 2C-x, but for some reason I never find them as spiritually fulfilling as the plant psychedelics.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

OfflineSid
Stranger

#10218058 - 04/23/09 02:43 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Acid > Mushrooms

Invisibleerikm
Learning
Male

#10244870 - 04/27/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

anyone else??

Edited by erikm (04/27/09 07:03 PM)

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#10244925 - 04/27/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I say eat an 8th of shrooms or 1-2 hits of acid depending on the strength. One hit of liquid should be good if you're trying to err on the side of caution.

A lot of people recommend starting off with 1/16 when one begins to experiment with shrooms, but I started with an 8th and had a wonderful experience. While I have limited experience with psychedelics, I have noticed some differences in the headspace of shrooms vs. that of LSD.

I find LSD to be more suiting for an open, social environment. A shroom experience for me is so urgent, mystical and primal, while LSD seemed more...I don't know the word, malleable. Do you want to chill with some friends and talk about philosophy? LSD might be better for that. If you want to be thrust into a world in archaic enchanment, go for the mushrooms.

But don't take my word for it. Do some more research, you'll know what the right choice is for you.

I've only done acid twice, and neither time was a high dose, so my opinion is understandably biased.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder