Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEmbracingShadows
Deaf
 User Gallery
Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation?
    #10145672 - 04/10/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Would you ever intentionally put yourself in a survival situation?
Do you know anything about wilderness survival?
Would you intentionally put yourself in a survival situation?
You may choose only one
Do you have any wilderness survival skills?
You may choose only one
Are you familiar with the flora and fauna of your area?
You may choose only one
Are you afraid of the wilderness at night?
You may choose only one
Would you be lost without technology?
You may choose only one
are you the kind of person that would whine about getting sand in their hair?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (04/10/09 10:54 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: EmbracingShadows]
    #10153168 - 04/12/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I put myself in a survival situation almost every time I take a dose upward of half a gram of cubies.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: Asante]
    #10154803 - 04/12/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I put myself in a survival situation almost every time I take a dose upward of half a gram of cubies.

Nothing like swimming through the uncontrollable ocean of catalyzed consciousness with all of the terror and beauty wich is brought by the chaotic introspection that often takes place during such states, which in some instances can be much like being alone in the wildnerness at night. :thumbup:

InvisibleBaeosistine
ڜڭۑۄڴڡڟژۻۼئٹ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: EmbracingShadows]
    #10178444 - 04/16/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I voted hell yeah to all of them, but no to the first question, as I might live to regret it.

And no internets...wtf???

--------------------
jesus

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: Baeosistine]
    #10330265 - 05/12/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've been fantasizing about being in a survival situation for months!!!  I keep having dreams about being in a lawless post-nuclear apocalypse (a la Fallout 3) and having to survive.  I feel humans have ingrained themselves too much in every livable habitat on Earth, that it'd be impossible to find a bastion of wilderness to test oneself.

There's always the Sahara Desert....

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinekatman92000
Euro Trips
Male

Loc: usa
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? *DELETED* [Re: Society]
    #10518842 - 06/16/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by katman92000

Reason for deletion: all good

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: katman92000]
    #10519696 - 06/16/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Where do you find this nature without being the wilderness?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: katman92000]
    #10524756 - 06/17/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, to me wildneress survival is not about testing ones self in that manner nor is it about looking in the self perpetual mirror and unbiasedly observing oneself or trying to realzie who or what I am, although it easily could be. Spending enough time in the wildneress alone is bound plant the seeds of realiztion and divine awakening but is not what I try to achieve.

My work with wildnerness survival is that to understand the rhythms of nature and how to live in harmony with them, it's about ecological awareness and understanding. What plants are medicine, what plants are poison, what plants are food, the cycles of the plants. The life cycles of the animals, their behavior, and interaction with and role in their niches. to know the weather the way a sage through his gnosis would understand the divine and who and what he is. The survival is a test of your understanding and knowledge of these rhythms. I have a saying that goes "If a man does not respect and understand the ground he walks on it will damn him." wich comes from my experience of witnessing exactly that countless times.

Your able to attain the same fruits of what you speak of by doing it the way you spoke of or the way of the wild or anyway that personally calls to your soul. It's true that we each must wander our own path up that metaphorical mountain, and to each his own!!

-With love and respect.
Eric.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #10584406 - 06/28/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Today's "civilized" man is as a helpless babe in the woods. All of my children, (four), can build or improvise shelters. All of them can also build a fire without the use of a Bic lighter, (although my nine-year old has yet to graduate from a magnesium striker). I mean, for gods sake, mankind mastered fire thousands of years ago!
Still, (as of two months ago), I see grown "tough" guys actually CRY when they can't see a McDonald's! Our modern "conveniences" are going to be man's downfall. Hear me well. :2cents:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #10584421 - 06/28/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, to answer your first question; yes! it would be heaven on Earth.

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #10584502 - 06/28/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Fallout 3

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #10595332 - 06/29/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:
Today's "civilized" man is as a helpless babe in the woods. All of my children, (four), can build or improvise shelters. All of them can also build a fire without the use of a Bic lighter, (although my nine-year old has yet to graduate from a magnesium striker). I mean, for gods sake, mankind mastered fire thousands of years ago!
Still, (as of two months ago), I see grown "tough" guys actually CRY when they can't see a McDonald's! Our modern "conveniences" are going to be man's downfall. Hear me well. :2cents:

Your 2 cents are very correct. I find it sad disgusting, pathetic and slightly frightening that people are so disconnected from their roots. If our current model of survival collapses you can only imagine what would happen to those who don't know a thing about their local flora and fauna or even agriculture.

Are you teaching your kids how to do this stuff?? If you are your a good man for doing so.:thumbup:

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

#10596328 - 06/30/09 05:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EmbracingShadows said:
Quote:

BrandNewbie said:

Your 2 cents are very correct. I find it sad disgusting, pathetic and slightly frightening that people are so disconnected from their roots. If our current model of survival collapses you can only imagine what would happen to those who don't know a thing about their local flora and fauna or even agriculture.

Are you teaching your kids how to do this stuff?? If you are your a good man for doing so.:thumbup:

What local flora and fauna?  All we have is asphalt, concrete, and bacon.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: Would you intentionally put yourself in a Survival situation? [Re: Society]
    #10602925 - 07/01/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SocietyRejects said:
What local flora and fauna?  All we have is asphalt, concrete, and bacon.

Damn... Thats a bummer.. gives me a headache and makes me feel sick just thinking about that.. My advice would be to run for the hills, as long as there are trees and plants there..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds