Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKhronix
Stranger

Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies?
    #10075902 - 03/30/09 05:55 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

So for starters, I have a really low tolerance to weed since I started smoking again about a year ago. I blazed up for the first time in 6th grade (lol) and a dozen or so times throughout 6th 7th and the beginning of 8th grade. I know that's sort of sad but w/e haha. I've experimented with a ton of other drugs since that time but for some reason I quit smoking for a few years and I mean not even once. I think it was mainly the idea that it stays in your piss for ~3 weeks and I had gotten away with doing so many drugs and not once ever getting in trouble and I felt like I've made it so far, why take the chance of getting caught especially since weed seemed rather boring to me at that time and compared to drinking alcohol it was always more of a downer for me.

Fast-forward a few years, at the end of my junior year in high school (about a year ago) I smoked for the first time again before school one day with a pretty good friend who always talked about smoking and was glad that I was finally going to smoke again after so long. We smoked 3 big bowls to the face and I felt really fucking high, but didn't realize the next 30 mins or so I would skyrocket to another planet. I hadn't ever tripped at that point so I couldn't compare it with anything but really drinking, blowing coke, and the occasional roll on ecstasy. I felt like i was being detached from my body and like I was watching my body from a neutral point of view as I sat in the passenger seat of my friend's car, knowing I would be in school in 10 minutes or so. I sort of freaked out but I kept it all on the inside, I didn't want to look like I was freaking out over a plant that many people I knew smoked multiple times a day, every day, and never got anything more than mellow chill high. Anyways, it wasn't until about the end of the school day that I started to sober up(6-7hrs later?) which is sort of abnormal, but I was so beat for the rest of the day. The next day I felt fine and refreshed all day until that night when I started to feel a little goofy, more and more until I felt almost high but more of a neutral high without and of the really pleasurable feelings. This somehow continued the rest of that night and another 3 days afterwards. I really thought I did some permanent damage, but the more I read online, it seemed there were plenty of people with this same thing and I even read of people who felt fucked up for 3 weeks after smoking. Generally, people would say that you have a strange reaction to weed and have panic attacks/extreme anxiety and you should avoid smoking if that continued. I never have been diagnosed for anxiety, in fact I don't think I have ever even brought it up with my parents, never thought it was any big deal, but I think I may have a minor anxiety disorder kind of thing. I would say that I definitely panic a LOT when I get really high and get EXTREMELY paranoid, but I can't say I ever really got what people describe as a "panic attack" (severe shaking, heartbeat out of this world, etc). I think a lot of what I do feel is a paranoid feeling because basically my parents have gone through so much with my brother (3 years older) and drugs and I really would feel bad having them find out anything about me and drugs (which is awkward b/c they have never caught me in like 6 years of trying basically in the entire spectrum of drugs) and I'm off to college in a couple months and really don't want to get caught before then when I can leave with them thinking I don't do that kind of thing. Also, many people who panic like this see it as very negative and never want to do it again. I, on the other hand, even when I get so high that I'm uncomfortable and don't enjoy it, look back at the experience like the most fun thing ever. I have really learned how to make the experience more enjoyable and more relaxing though and I think that contributes to how I consider getting that high as a fun thing.

So yea, after that incident, I really didn't think of it as much and continued to smoke and limited myself a lot more. I would take smaller hits and occasionally not fully inhale a hit since everyone always says "come on man, you gotta smoke more, we just started" even though I tell them I'm already extremely high. I found out that basically I only need 3-7 hits to get a full blown high that most people need 3 bowls for. I had a few more super intense experiences with weed, only one of them lasting for more than that day. I also hit a grav bong really hard when I thought that would be a fun new thing to try and almost passed out and felt almost like "tripping" all day.

One bright early morning at the beginning of this school year, my friend told me he just scored a nice hash brownie and he would give me half (back then brownies were very rare around my school/area...not so much anymore). I ate half and to make a long story short, it was the most intense experience of my life x10 haha (hadn't tripped yet still). Now that I have tripped, I can say it doesn't quite reach that level, but the mindfuck was very, very close. I obviously didn't see flying colors and melting walls, but the whole change in your thought process and all was very similar, yet still not the extreme mindfuck from mush/cid. The next time I had them, I ate 1/4 at a time and still got extremely high both times.

Now since then I have done mushrooms 5 times and am hoping to get lucy as soon as I hear about some in the area. DMT is also something I am very looking forward to in the next year or so after a couple more solid shroom and acid trips. I still get very high compared to everyone else around me, besides maybe 1 in 10 times when I feel around the same level as others, generally when I only smoke about a bowl. My tolerance basically never goes up, even during summer smoking every day multiple times a day I would get extremely high every time I smoked. I always thought about my reaction to weed as a negative thing, but recently I have really been happy for it. Even though I'm on a completely different level than friends when we smoke and they all are talking about shit while I sit there just starring, lost in my mind, I have the opportunity to go on a new adventure every time and a session smoking a few bowls with a couple friends for me turns into a 4 hour long almost "trip" in a way.

Anyways, today I smoked 2 fat bowls before school and was pretty high and my friend had made brownies and had one left. I got this cheap grinder from a kid for $5 a couple days ago and don't see myself every grinding shit up so I just gave him it for half a brownie since I had no cash on me. I ate 1/4 at about 9:30 am and felt the effects by 10:00. The next hour was a never ending rise to a peak that seemed to only climb higher and higher. I felt so overwhelmed with the strong body high and mental change of mindset. A long boring class of AP Calculus involved me just sitting there starring not really paying any attention to what was going on, but instead being on a voyage through my mind. Every room and even every person I saw, I saw in a new light, the same way as you see thing on mushrooms often. It's like you have been in this same classroom almost every day the past 6 months, but it feels like it is your first time there. The light looks different, the teacher looks different, and even the concept of education and schooling seems foreign and you see how it's all part of the society we live in today. I know that weed shouldn't be able to make you "trip" and many people who don't have this sort of reaction to weed who just get a nice happy feeling always say "no man, you don't know what your talking about, weed can't get you that high". But somehow this day was almost like a 2g mushroom trip without visuals (there was one point when starring at the carpet I could swear I was seeing waves go through it but kept telling myself that can't be happening, it's only weed). It was definitely a fun adventure today and honestly one of the most fun days of school I have ever had. I love how a simple, smokeless, innocent looking brownie can make another repetitive boring day of school into an amazing adventure. The "trip" portion of the high lasted about 3-4 hrs followed by 2-3 hrs of really tired, beat, out-of-it feelings. It's now 8:40pm and I still feel kind of high. I just feel so peaceful and calm and everything in the world seems so perfect. From the past brownie experience, it's not until 9 or 10 pm that I finally feel completely down to earth again.

I have another 1/4 of a brownie that I could have a similar experience with, idk when to have it though. It would be really fun to take it at 11pm tonight when my parents go to sleep and just watch movies/play games/listen to music and think about shit, but idk if doing it again the same day is a smart idea and if I take it at 11 i probably won't fall asleep until 5am and will still feel high in the morning. Another option would be to just take it tomorrow morning since I really have nothing going on and the 2nd semester of senior year doesn't really count for anything so I always want to get high in the morning these days.

Anyways, sorry for that longass post haha...as usual I planned to write a paragraph or two and it ended up turning into an essay. What I'm basically asking is, does anyone else get THAT high? Any ideas what exactly causes this, and will it ever go away? I'm sort of torn about it now... I hate being in a group of people and being sort of in my own world or making a fool of myself because I am so high, but I really do enjoy the fact that I can get something that's close to tripping but lasts only a couple hours and is relatively cheap and so common. Do you think you can have psychedelic experiences on weed, particularly brownies? Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks

--------------------
"Trying to explain tripping while sober is like trying to explain being sober when youre tripping"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: Khronix]
    #10076603 - 03/30/09 07:33 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry you wrote too much for me to read/want to read.

In any case, I've tripped harder off a good batch of brownies then I have off an 8th of mushrooms. I also have a high tolerance.
Typical brownies I've had have had...
8 grams of dank
3 grams of shit weed
About 1/2 a coffee can's worth of vapped weed (yeah it's worth using)

Let me tell you 3 small pieces will lift you. My friend and his bro ate a half sheet each...I don't know how they made it through that trip. Pot brownies are for sure way more strong than smoking them. Where as pot smoke peaks at some point (in terms of how fucked up you get) pot brownies on the other hand have no limit it seems to how fucked up you can get. They just get you higher and higher.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleMacklinReed
Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #10076791 - 03/30/09 07:54 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

It would be really interesting if someone posted some information about this.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: MacklinReed]
    #10076834 - 03/30/09 08:00 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Marijuana firecrackers are intense!!!!! The come up is pure insanity- 3 hours of your mind ripping apart- with potent sour diesel type strains- didn't even use that much- my walls are literally breathing if i look at them

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10076935 - 03/30/09 08:13 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Marijuana firecrackers are intense!!!!! The come up is pure insanity- 3 hours of your mind ripping apart- with potent sour diesel type strains- didn't even use that much- my walls are literally breathing if i look at them

Ehh a good batch of brownies will fuck your world for hours. Fire crackers are straight though, I'd just rather not waste the weed on them. I think brownies are far better and once you know how to cook your oil for the brownies you can do some crazy good extractions. This alone makes brownies (and other baked goods) better than a firecracker IMO.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflineKhronix
Stranger

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #10082094 - 03/31/09 04:44 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Haha yea sorry about the long post but yea i ended eating the other quarter last night and I would say that was the best experience I have had on any drug...I was planning on watching movies and playing games and all this other shit but in the end I just lied there in bed listening to my ipod just thinking and being in pure ecstasy. I loved all my mushroom trips before but those all seemed to be up and down positive negative all night long whereas this brownie just got me so high and made everything so amazing it's hard to describe. Then again my mushrooms trips have always been in places that I wasn't really that comfortable so I think I'll do mushrooms the same way one of these nights.

--------------------
"Trying to explain tripping while sober is like trying to explain being sober when youre tripping"

Invisiblewytewidow
Stranger,Stranger,Stranger?

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: Khronix]
    #11061968 - 09/15/09 12:13 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

edible weed trips are much harder to discern from smoking it.

you are always looking for the same kind of rush that smoking gives.

it's a silent creeper

OfflineRadar
Stranger

Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: wytewidow]
    #11062594 - 09/15/09 06:06 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

The high from eating is much different and much more powerful than smoking.  There is no comparison.

BTW  - who the fuck needs to smoke 3 bowls to get high???

--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

Offlinesmokeswitcigarette
Pursuer
Male User Gallery

Loc: b-town
Re: Low weed tolerance/psychedelic experience from brownies? [Re: Radar]
    #13912414 - 02/05/11 07:36 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Radar said:
The high from eating is much different and much more powerful than smoking.  There is no comparison.

BTW  - who the fuck needs to smoke 3 bowls to get high???

Lol.. Same here, WHATT?

--------------------
i lie so much, even this sentence is a lie. That's only until you realize everything i say IS a lie. so whats going on?

hahaha PRECAUTION

...uploading...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience