Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Is salvia a true psychedelic?
    #9987165 - 03/17/09 07:01 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I ask people who are experienced in psychedelics what they think. Is salvia a teacher or just a weird ass plant? Is it a psychedelic or just some crap? Do you like it or what? I think it sucks really and all this bs that it is a divine plant and spirit stuff is a bunch of hippie bullshit to me or some crazy loco people with overactive imaginations. So some crazy aztec people used it so what, who cares they didn't even like it that much they turn to it as a last resort because they think it sucks too. It doesn't work and when it does it is not really good feeling at all, I mean maybe sniffing glue would be more enjoyable than this crappy plant to be honest and I wouldn't sniff glue.

So anyways do you like it or what I stated my opinion but I tried it years ago before people really knew about it and didn't really like it or think it was worth it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboomsaway
F N G

Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #9987185 - 03/17/09 07:17 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

me and my buddies tried it about a year or so ago and it put us into laughing fits, i didnt notice any thing that would be considered psychedelics. maybe we did it wrong i dont know but wut i do know is that i felt sick for about half an hour afterwards and its not worth my time to try it again.

--------------------
So, smoking pot = "child endangerment." Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's safety.  -Radley Balko

OfflineAchilles89
Permanent Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: boomsaway]
    #9987199 - 03/17/09 07:26 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I thought it was a joke until I broke through. If you can get to that point it is a true psychedelic, I became two people....

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #9987200 - 03/17/09 07:27 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Salvia may be more of a dissociative than a psychedelic, but it is definitely a teacher.

Though I doubt there is a valid lesson for either of you to learn from Salvia, if you do not respect the plant, and use it the right set and setting.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

#9987212 - 03/17/09 07:30 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I don't know, they say it is a psychedelic nuclear bomb or something but I think some people are really full of sh*t.

I've had one true experience I guess level 4 on the verge of level 5 but, it was not unnerving really I was a little scared because I was suddenly overwhelmed with the most intense kaleidoscopic array of collors and swirly spinning away feeling, it was pretty intense visuals but my mind was not in any way intoxicated at all I was just like sitting in a movie theater watching all this weird shit go by on the screen as an analogy, but my body felt aweful and I fell down because i felt like gravity had been turned up like 1000x or something and it made my skin feel really really uncomfortable like plastic.

I don't know this goes back years before it was really known and vendors were just starting up, a lot of BS artists were pushing it with alot of crappy marketing but, anyways, while I thought it was interesting I just had no interest in trying it again for a long time because it made little sense to me what it that was supposed to be and could not find any spiritual kind of significance in seeing swirling atari vortex, I thought I'd encounter some kind of divinity but it was like I was let down. I often wonder when reading all these reports because I think it's mostly BS people make up but I don't know.

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #9987216 - 03/17/09 07:32 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Well I tried that crap you know, even bought some plants and grew it, try to get into this spiritual stuff. I know I got problems but I tried to do it, but I don't know, I have a plant again maybe I will grow it but I don't really feel like trying it again but I am into growing stuff maybe it will help me chill out.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#9987249 - 03/17/09 07:48 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I see.  You have been smoking your plain leaves.

Maybe you could consider trying some extract, since the leaves aren't giving you as strong of an experience as you desire.

I use less than 0.1 grams of 40x extract, so I pull close to four grams of plain leaf in one hit.  It would not be possible to achieve the same effect by smoking 4 grams of leaf, since Salvinorin A dissipates from the user's system as quickly as it is inhaled.

Everytime I smoke it, I became aware of an alternate reality off of which our reality is only a twig in comparison to the trunk.

This effect is not acheived through spiritualism, or anything in realtion with my hippy-dippy mentality.  It is a direct result of the amount of Salvinorin A in my system.

Maybe you should try some 10x to warm up.  I would suggest a tenth of a gram or so, and if that doesn't do it for you, smoke a little more.  And have a chill sitter, for Chrissakes.

--------------------

Offlineandyffer
Stranger

#9987251 - 03/17/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

only things i dont like is when you smoke it and the smoke kills your throat. OUCH
then, i wish the effects lasted longer than 5 minutes lol, i only did 10x too and i tried smoking it like a few weeks later and it did nothing. Just got me high

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Achilles89]
    #9987269 - 03/17/09 08:00 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Achilles89 said:
I thought it was a joke until I broke through. If you can get to that point it is a true psychedelic, I became two people....

one male and one female?

Offlinebillyrubin
Strangler
 User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: andyffer]
    #9987273 - 03/17/09 08:03 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I find salvia quite spiritual.
I mean sometimes I just have bizzare experiences, but I have had one trip of some religious significance.
Mainly, I think it's quite spiritual because when the 5 intense minutes of tripping are over,and you're coming down, meditating on salvia is very rewarding, lots of interesting and significant thoughts occur to me etc. By the way, I am not someone who ordinarily meditates etc & I currently do not follow a religion.

I think that perhaps salvia is not a classical psychedelic, but it certainly has plenty of qualities that make it a psychedelic. I think most people describe it as "a dissociative psychedelic" - I feel that's pretty accurate

Offlinethesis
Stranger
    #9987304 - 03/17/09 08:23 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I would say Salvia is definitely a true psychedelic. I've smoked 20x extract 4 times. It made me to feel almost completely disassociated from reality. I could remember some vague things about my 'real life', but it felt as though these things were very distant and irrelevant.

Pretty different to shrooms of course, but I can draw some small comparisons... the feeling of 'remembering', time standing still etc.

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: billyrubin]
    #9987308 - 03/17/09 08:24 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

well i'm sort of beyond the stage of life where i just want to get high and see colors and stuff really I'm not interested my only interest is the entheogenic experience and the natural way

years ago i tried the PF tek back when he was around, but it didn't work so I am probably too retarded to grow stuff to be honest. I had some salvia plants to try to cultivate a relationship with her but they died lol. I am going crazy right now because I am quitting smoking so I am loopy as a mofo because the only thing I've ever been hard core addicted to is nicotine why, I don't know it doesn't do much really but man i am tobacco junky this stuff is like crack to me.

Yeah I try extract anyways it sucks I want to do it the traditional way I think smoking it is retarded it lasts 5 minutes of swirling atari vortex i mean what is the point.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#9987341 - 03/17/09 08:37 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

What is so unnatural about using grain alcohol to extract the Salvinorin A? 

It totally evaporates and leaves a natural crude extract, which can then be refined. 

I buy 40x from a reputable and inexpensive online source, so I don't have to fool with that. 

I also use a high-strength extract, so I hardly have to smoke anything in order to see my imaginary friends.

You will never breakthrough with plain leaf.

--------------------

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #9987639 - 03/17/09 09:52 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I don't know. I was really cautious and paranoid. Back in the late 90s I heard about it, finally bought some and when it worked I was convinced it was laced with some kind of research chemical. I bought plants to investigate to find out for sure but they died. I lost interest in it and then I come back and see all this youtube stuff going on and it being made illegal all over. I don't know I won't miss it it was not really an experience I enjoyed to be honest, and nothing like the spiritual experience of smoking cannabis, i don't care but even the natives only turn to it when they don't have mushrooms so it's kinda like a weird plant they say isn't native to their lands and it's possibly a hybrid that almost never makes seed, i dunno it's a weird plant and the only reason I am attracted to it is because of it's weird history the effects aren't really appealing to me.

Invisibledrijx
ҽӽҏҽґіᵯҽӣҭӧґ ғҽҁҽᴢᴢ
Male

Loc: Ⱥʍͼѓᴉᴋѧ
    #9987656 - 03/17/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
Salvia may be more of a dissociative than a psychedelic, but it is definitely a teacher.

Though I doubt there is a valid lesson for either of you to learn from Salvia, if you do not respect the plant, and use it the right set and setting.

well said. I've been told plainleaf and meditation is the way to go. My experiences with 40x was otherworldly.

--------------------

OfflineAchilles89
Permanent Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: jvm]
    #9987763 - 03/17/09 10:23 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

jvm said:
Quote:

Achilles89 said:

one male and one female?

neither, one was the rational and the other the irrational

OfflineCerveau
Love your life!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9987781 - 03/17/09 10:28 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I watched you get made at the people factory on salvia. But to each their own.

--------------------
:cerveau:

OfflineMunkey106
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Lafayette, Louisiana
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Achilles89]
    #9987784 - 03/17/09 10:29 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I consider it a psychedelic to a degree, but as Swyf said, it's got some hardcore dissociative properties as well.

OfflineCerveau
Love your life!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Munkey106]
    #9987790 - 03/17/09 10:31 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Salvia is my pandora's box. I'm very thankful that I can keep it open for only a few moments.

--------------------
:cerveau:

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Is salvia a true psychedelic? [Re: Cerveau]
    #9987861 - 03/17/09 10:52 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

I think smoking it for me is a shallow and fake experience. Maybe taken the traditional way it may be a much more valuable experience but I don't have enough fresh leaves to do that and alcohol extracts have never worked, and chewing the leaves is an excercise in nausea and never worked for me either. I just feel smoking it is just not how it is supposed to be experienced but I can not get it to work any other way.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder