Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona
    #9882290 - 02/28/09 04:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia Divinorum To Stay Legal
February 27, 2009 - kpho.com

PHOENIX --  Some kids call it the best legal high there is, and it looks like it will stay that way in Arizona.

Salvia divinorum, or salvia “D” provides a short, intense and hallucinogenic trip. The drug has become more popular with teenagers and young adults in recent years, and there’s video on YouTube to prove it.

“I hit it from a glass pipe and felt like I was getting sucked into the couch,” said Henry Aometer.

Henry tried it once when he was 17. He said it was easy to buy. “I just went into a smoke shop and picked it up, there weren’t any restrictions, they didn't ID me, nothing."

Arizona State Rep. Eric Meyer is trying to make it illegal to buy Salvia “D” unless you're 21. Dozens of other states already have similar laws.

“If they're driving or have a gun around this drug is potentially dangerous. This is a simple bill that would address that problem,” said Meyer.

But Meyer's not going to get his wish. Today the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, Adam Driggs, said he won't hear the bill. “I think it would be difficult to regulate because salvia is a common plant. It could be growing in someone’s yard,” said Driggs.

“We could say that about any drug, marijuana is common but we know that it’s dangerous so we regulate it. I think that's just side stepping an issue," said Sean Walsh, director of Outpatient Services at the Calvary Addiction Recovery Center.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: veggie]
    #9882715 - 02/28/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Henry tried it once when he was 17. He said it was easy to buy. “I just went into a smoke shop and picked it up, there weren’t any restrictions, they didn't ID me, nothing."

Arizona State Rep. Eric Meyer is trying to make it illegal to buy Salvia “D” unless you're 21. Dozens of other states already have similar laws.

“If they're driving or have a gun around this drug is potentially dangerous. This is a simple bill that would address that problem,” said Meyer.

So.. once you turn 21 you are mature enough to handle salvia while driving or around guns??

:facepalm:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #9882746 - 02/28/09 08:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol i agree with mike, lol sounds like a dumb proposition of a law to me.

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #9882766 - 02/28/09 08:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yay, Salvia is still legal in Arizona! (starts shooting guns into the air while driving):crazy2:

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: Funguymon]
    #9883043 - 02/28/09 09:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It's good that all this pro-drug media is going around at the same time as salvia-prohibition is starting.

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #9883622 - 02/28/09 11:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
Quote:

So.. once you turn 21 you are mature enough to handle salvia while driving or around guns??

:facepalm:

We can apply the same inference to the alcohol laws.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecokane
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #9883789 - 02/28/09 11:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

that wouldnt bother me if there was a age restriction on it. cause i am 30 haha oh wait i am old!!!

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum to stay legal in Arizona [Re: cokane]
    #9884325 - 02/28/09 01:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Damn. The guy who wants to make it illegal is so stupid. What terrible points he brings up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags