Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

I just bought 100 troy oz...
    #9711814 - 01/31/09 01:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

.. of silver:eek:
http://www.apmex.com/Resources/Catalog%20Images/Products/43959_Obv.jpg

That's the bar. It cost 1.300 with shipping
I think 2009 will be silver's year to shine. Be patient it is volitale and will try to be kept low, so the dollar will be "stronger". It's not really working tough. The markets have tremendous momentum. Gold too. Just hop on before the bubble takes off (that's when it's time too REALLY stock up).

My projections...
Gold: 1.800 - 2.000 USD
Silver: 45- 60 USD

I am saving some money and taking advantage of all these great deals on quality electronics furniture. This really is a great time to buy stuff with all the 50% off sales and whatnot. My next PM will be the south african krugereands.:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #9711828 - 01/31/09 01:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the price of silver took a good jump this last week.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

OfflineYrat
Hello

#9711841 - 01/31/09 01:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i have also jumped onto this train and have a few bids up on ebay at the moment.  i am thinking maybe a couple hundred ozs of silver, and an ounce or two of gold.  i believe this year will see double digit inflation, with untold trillions of new dollars finding their way into the monetary supply.

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#9714193 - 01/31/09 08:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:awesome:

Quote:

My projections...

I think those are very conservative numbers actually. Congratulations for protecting yourself from a crashing dollar! :cheers: But there is one other danger remaining..

Don't get out too early! :wink:

Mark my words. The price of both silver and gold will go parabolic before this thing is over.

Quote:

Just hop on before the bubble takes off

Lots of people are going to be kicking themselves when they miss the precious metals train.

Leaving the station soon..

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: Yrat]
    #9716903 - 02/01/09 11:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
i am thinking maybe a couple hundred ozs of silver, and an ounce or two of gold.

that's what i want.

i have the silver...

...i just want gold to go back down to the $800 level.

i recently made a thread asking if gold would come back down and it looks like it's taking off.  hopefully it'll come back down.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#9717251 - 02/01/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

My projections...

Why not $500.000 gold and $25.000 silver?
Stranger things have happened...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: Asante]
    #9719296 - 02/01/09 07:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So if hyper-inflation happened here in the US, and silver was selling for thousands of dollars per ounce, wouldn't that be a bad thing for all these silver investors? Say I have 10 ounces and I am waiting to sell until silver reaches 50 dollars and ounce. That seems like a better situation than if I could sell that same silver for 5000 dollars and ounce, because by that time the 50,000 dollars I now have wouldn't buy me very much.
Basically I'm wondering if there's a point where PM holders should sell despite the price increasing exponentially? It seems like it may become a fine line, where those who cash in a little earlier can at least take their earnings and buy dry goods or whatever, and then those who hold on to their PM's just a little too long will cash out and then only be able to afford 3 eggs. :frown:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: ToolTroll]
    #9731892 - 02/03/09 10:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ToolTroll said:
So if hyper-inflation happened here in the US, and silver was selling for thousands of dollars per ounce, wouldn't that be a bad thing for all these silver investors? Say I have 10 ounces and I am waiting to sell until silver reaches 50 dollars and ounce. That seems like a better situation than if I could sell that same silver for 5000 dollars and ounce, because by that time the 50,000 dollars I now have wouldn't buy me very much.
Basically I'm wondering if there's a point where PM holders should sell despite the price increasing exponentially? It seems like it may become a fine line, where those who cash in a little earlier can at least take their earnings and buy dry goods or whatever, and then those who hold on to their PM's just a little too long will cash out and then only be able to afford 3 eggs. :frown:

thats not how it works. you wouldn't lose any wealth.

InvisibleSFsorrow
Is Born
Male User Gallery

#9732278 - 02/03/09 11:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Really, hyper inflation? What makes you think that now? Yes the government is adding more money into the machine but also a crap ton of money disappeared in the economic meltdown of this past quarter. I might be kicking my ass for not investing in pm' come December but things are not looking ripe for a take off in their value just yet.

OfflineYrat
Hello

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: SFsorrow]
    #9736081 - 02/04/09 06:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

first shipment came in today :awesome:

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: SFsorrow]
    #9736283 - 02/04/09 06:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SFsorrow said:
Really, hyper inflation? What makes you think that now? Yes the government is adding more money into the machine but also a crap ton of money disappeared in the economic meltdown of this past quarter. I might be kicking my ass for not investing in pm' come December but things are not looking ripe for a take off in their value just yet.

Of course they're talking about hyperinflation SFsorrow - this is the SHROOMERY! 

I predict gold & silver will fall gradually as the US (and later, the global) economy begins to regain its footing & slowly rebounds.

The great part is, if that happens - I get to make my "I TOLD YOU SO" thread.  And if you all are right - and hyperinflation hits, you won't be able to tell me "i told you so" since internet providers won't exist and the shroomery will be down.  Plus, I'll just take my Glock and steal all your gold once pandamonium starts :smile:

hehehe

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: memes]
    #9736556 - 02/04/09 07:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

meams said:
And if you all are right - and hyperinflation hits, you won't be able to tell me "i told you so" since internet providers won't exist and the shroomery will be down.  Plus, I'll just take my Glock and steal all your gold once pandamonium starts :smile:

:lol:

i love it.

silver is back up and seems to be rising.  Ira says it's looking bullish and i think that's the first time i've heard him say that about silver.

im wondering if silver will go back down to $10 or rise up past $13.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

#9741415 - 02/05/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

looks like you bought at a good time.

silver is right under $13.

how did you know when to buy?  random?

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: LayYouIn]
    #9741815 - 02/05/09 04:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure it was mostly random, with a hint of "now's the time" thrown in for good taste.

If it were a carefully calculated strategic buy, he probably would've made mention of his tactics in his OP.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9747569 - 02/06/09 01:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

what pisses me off is the companys who stop selling when the price gets to low.  seems kinda like jacking the price on gasoline and crap like that.

otherwise i would have got on the gravy train when silver was at 8-9$ but i sure ain't getting on now at 13

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #9748342 - 02/06/09 08:08 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

meams said:
Quote:

SFsorrow said:

Of course they're talking about hyperinflation SFsorrow - this is the SHROOMERY! 

I predict gold & silver will fall gradually as the US (and later, the global) economy begins to regain its footing & slowly rebounds.

The great part is, if that happens - I get to make my "I TOLD YOU SO" thread.  And if you all are right - and hyperinflation hits, you won't be able to tell me "i told you so" since internet providers won't exist and the shroomery will be down.  Plus, I'll just take my Glock and steal all your gold once pandamonium starts :smile:

hehehe

To a degree, I have to agree :smile:

From the bit of homework I've done gold and silver prices historically rise in the spring/summer months.  Here's an article that goes along with my train of thought - http://www.kitco.com/ind/nadler/dec312008A.html

"That said, herewith the projections for gold prices in 2009. The trading range will likely remain as wide as this year's $350 while volatility will remain an integral part of daily, weekly, and monthly swings. Prices might touch $630 on the low side and $980 on the high side - however, factor in some imponderables (severe deflation and/or catastrophic geopolitical developments) and one could augment either end of the scale by $100. Barring the latter, the average gold price will likely register near $810 per ounce, following its $871 average for the current year.

Silver is projected to trade in a wide range as well, almost as broad as that seen in 2008. Lows could come in in the mid- $6 range, and highs near $14 per ounce, with an average closer to $10.50 for 2009. This year's cumulative average was $15 per ounce. "

This is just someones opinion, take it for what you think it's worth.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: Lana]
    #9759070 - 02/08/09 07:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I saw Lakshman Achuthan speak on a CNBC video tape that I taped Feb 6, 2009.  He says recessions are an inflation killer for the year ahead.  Precious metals tend to benefit from inflation not deflation.  I can't find a video of it, but there's some prevlan and argulation of Lakshman Achuthan here:

http://search.cnbc.com/main.do?keywords=achuthan&sort=date&minimumrelevance=0.2&image.x=0&image.y=0

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: ToolTroll]
    #9759117 - 02/08/09 08:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ToolTroll said:
So if hyper-inflation happened here in the US, and silver was selling for thousands of dollars per ounce, wouldn't that be a bad thing for all these silver investors?

I don't know a lot about this, but this is how I see it...

Inflation scenario...
Phase 1....$10 = 1 oz silver = bag of chicken
Phase 2....$12 = 1 oz silver = bag of chicken
Phase 3....$15 = 1 oz silver = bag of chicken
Phase 4....$20 = 1 oz silver = bag of chicken
Etc

I could be wrong.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: LayYouIn]
    #9759422 - 02/08/09 09:41 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Here's my problem with silver:

It has basically sat around, for say, 200 years doing nothing.  Anything that has done squat for centuries and is "just getting hot" doesn't seem like a good buy to me.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Re: I just bought 100 troy oz... [Re: badchad]
    #9759464 - 02/08/09 09:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

probley because it's an industrial metal used in electronics.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder