Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineisaacein
exp(ix) = cosx + isinx

Quitting weed for 2 months... yep
    #9278541 - 11/20/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey everyone!
So I (once again) quit smoking cigarettes 20 days ago. I'm feeling great about that. However my weed consumption went through the roof - I've been smoking about twice as much as before, almost a gram a day. This has taken a major toll on my motivation and concentration. I did not go to class for the past 3 days - waking up too late and feeling like it's useless. So yesterday, I decided it's time to put the herb down for at least a couple of months. I recognize that I am addicted. It's completely incompatible with what I want to do with my life. I'm studying some pretty hard stuff and I need all of my brainpower.

Not looking for any very specific advice - perhaps just some words of encouragement or whatnot.

I just don't really know what I'll do when my friends are around and smoking up like it's the only thing in the world. I guess I'll have to avoid these nights from now on.

--------------------
Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: Quitting weed for 2 months... yep [Re: isaacein]
    #9278587 - 11/20/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Be cool and stay in school.

:mrt: don't be a foo  :mrt:

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #9278605 - 11/20/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quitting smoking is awesome... keep that up. Quitting weed may not be what you need.

I think you simply need to seperate your study time from your smoking time... You say your friends may be sitting around smoking, but so what? Either you are studying or you aren't!

Just learn to enjoy a toke every now and again. It's WAYYYY easier to manage than smoking cigs! Trust me! haha.

Offlineisaacein
exp(ix) = cosx + isinx

Re: Quitting weed for 2 months... yep [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #9278628 - 11/20/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well you know, it just isn't the same anymore too. I've been getting some pretty bad social anxiety recently. When I'm high I don't even want to go to the grocery store 'cause I don't feel like dealing with people.

--------------------
Formula: 0

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #9278690 - 11/20/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the total opposite... Weed allows me to deal with people. when I'm straight sober, I can't stand people. When I get high, I can be nice to them. :shrug:

Maybe use pot as a reward? Toke a joint or bowl only on Friday nights, after a long week of working hard. Something like that?

If not, fuck it... Just quit for as long as you can.

Cigs are 100x worse... Don't get stressed quitting pot only to fall back to cigs! That would suck bad. I've been getting wicked urges to smoke again after 4 months!! I keep saying no, and it feel good... but god damn I thought I'd be done by now!!!!

OfflineDevlish2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loc: The Astral Realm 16,376AD
    #9279130 - 11/20/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I just made a bet with my friend to not smoke the reef for a week (I'm going for atleast a month) and I'm on day three and my motivation and energy are already much much better. (I did cut back a lot before this bet though). Take a long break, cutting back never works.

It's never good to be addicted to anything and you have to realize that weed isn't for everybody. It just makes me into a  foggy-headed, lazy emotional wreck when I'm not high.

You shouldn't need drugs to have fun. Great decision man.

--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Edited by Devlish2 (11/20/08 02:43 PM)

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
    #9294751 - 11/22/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
I'm the total opposite... Weed allows me to deal with people. when I'm straight sober, I can't stand people. When I get high, I can be nice to them. :shrug:

How often and how long have you been smoking for though? I'm the same, but it's mainly because I'm addicted to bud and I feel like my body/brain has adjusted to it. I never used to need to smoke to be nice to people or feel comfortable/not on edge all the time. Before I was a daily smoker it was the opposite, weed would put me on edge around people who I wasn't accustomed to.

OfflineComponent
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9295256 - 11/23/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I quit the weed and the cigs this summer and have been gaining more control of my emotions and social anxiety as of late. I can think better and talk better. Sometimes I want to smoke but I have and the cycle starts all over again. I am much better off without the two but damn do I miss them:stoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates