Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust [OH]
    #9266278 - 11/18/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust
miamistudent.net

Butler County Police completed the biggest drug bust in its history in October, seizing seven kilograms of cocaine with a reported street value of more than $400,000.

Butler County sheriff's deputies and Fairfield police arrested Sudinia Johnson, 34, of Hamilton and Otis Kelly, 40, of Fairfield Oct. 29 on the corner of Pleasant Avenue and Nilles Road in Fairfield.

According to Sgt. Monte Mayer of the Butler County sheriff's department, two vehicles were seized at the scene, with search warrants for the suspect's residences and a storage facility led to the seizure of three other vehicles.

One of the vehicles was reportedly equipped with an alarm-protected hydraulic system in the back seat in order to hide the illegal substances.

Mayer said the drugs are believed to be connected in some way to Mexican drug trafficking from a source in Chicago, although police have been unable to make the final connection to Mexico.

"Every indication shows that it came from Mexico," Mayer said.

Mayer said that the bust was a result of Butler County's well-developed Drug Task Force.

"We feel fortunate that our drug investigators have developed resources over time," Mayer said.

Piper said that taking such a substantial amount of drugs and these two individuals, whom he said he believes have been previously involved in this type of activity, off the street is a major accomplishment.

"Any time you interrupt a significant flow of drugs into our county, we consider that a success," Piper said.

Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper said Johnson and Kelly each face two first-degree felonies for trafficking cocaine and possession of cocaine.

In addition to the penalties stemming from the felonies, Johnson and Kelly also face the possibility of additional charges due to their classification as Major Drug Offenders and other specifications that may cause modification to the sentences.

According to Piper, Johnson and Kelly face sentences ranging from eight to 40 years in prison due to the severity of the charges and the number of specifications involved.

Police are continuing to investigate the case and are not ruling out the possibility of more arrests, according to Mayer.

Both men were reportedly held on $1 million bond out of Fairfield Municipal Court.

Recent arrests and warrant services related to drugs and drug paraphernalia have also occurred in Oxford.

According to Oxford Police Department Sgt. Jim Squance, the number of warrants being served is due to a close relationship between Oxford Police Department and the Butler County Drug Task Force.

--------------------
In a sense we have a symbiotic relationship to a non-material being which we call Language. We think it's ours, and we think we control it. This isn't what's happening. It's running itself. It's time-sharing a primate nervous system and evolving toward its own conclusions

Edited by veggie (11/18/08 02:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust [OH] [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9269430 - 11/18/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Damn im not that far from there... how come i cant find any? :snort:

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust [OH] [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9269542 - 11/18/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: Columbus is my home:)

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #9269815 - 11/18/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that was probably headed for miami university. coke and alcohol are about the only accepted drugs in that community. preppy kids...:lol:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust [OH] [Re: JT]
    #9269827 - 11/18/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i have some friends down there, and their 'riot' lol more like a bunch of kids standing around in striped collared talking... what a bunch of pussies.:lol:

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

#9269887 - 11/18/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah me too. one of my best friends is the singer for a popular rock band down there (portical) so we always get the good stuff when we go to visit him :rockon:.

one time when we were there we walked around campus tripping with popped collars on a saturday night making fun of them, and this girl came up to me and was like, "ughhh...you assholes must go to OU or something"

i love my school's reputation

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Butler Co. makes $400K drug bust [OH] [Re: JT]
    #9269911 - 11/18/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Haha i went to OU Halloween party when i was a sophomore in high school.  Holy shit i got soooooo wasted.  That hangover was terrible

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

#9269997 - 11/18/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

haha yeah. i know what you mean.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order