Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations
    #9080850 - 10/15/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

link

Balloons reading "stoned again" were not the only contraband found at the "Change Rocks" concert Monday night, which featured the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band.

There were more than 20 drug law violation incidents stemming from the concert Monday, including people found in possession of illegal substances such as marijuana, hashish, LSD, methamphetamine and nitrous oxide, Penn State Police Cpt. Bill Moerschbacher said. Some incidents included multiple violations, police said.

Moerschbacher said the number of violations at the concert was to be expected.

"Not all concerts are the same," he said. "It's the type of band and type of person that goes to it. But for the Grateful Dead this is how it typically is."

He said "Change Rocks" was similar to past concerts at the University in regard to drug violations.

After a Phish concert on campus in 1994, police said there were seven marijuana-related incidents involving 11 people. In one incident, police seized 84 doses of LSD and a large amount of marijuana, police said in 1994.

Moerschbacher said Penn State, on a normal weekend, has its fair share of drug law violations, but events like concerts and football games often create a spike in numbers.

"They are common around here, but not in this number. This was a result of the concert," Moerschbacher said.

Most of the Penn State Police squad was patrolling the Bryce Jordan Center, which housed the concert, Moerschbacher said, adding drug officers with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office also assisted.

Visitors to the university were responsible for the majority of the violations at "Change Rocks," Moerschbacher said.

"We got some people in their 40s and other people in their 20s," he said.

There were a variety of illegal substances seized at the concert, more seriously methamphetamine, nitrous oxide and LSD, Moerschbacher said.

"It was mostly marijuana," he said. "But there was some use of meth and LSD. But things like meth are fairly uncommon here."

Balloons reading "stoned again" were not the only contraband found at the "Change Rocks" concert Monday night, which featured the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band.

There were more than 20 drug law violation incidents stemming from the concert Monday, including people found in possession of illegal substances such as marijuana, hashish, LSD, methamphetamine and nitrous oxide, Penn State Police Cpt. Bill Moerschbacher said. Some incidents included multiple violations, police said.

Moerschbacher said the number of violations at the concert was to be expected.

"Not all concerts are the same," he said. "It's the type of band and type of person that goes to it. But for the Grateful Dead this is how it typically is."

He said "Change Rocks" was similar to past concerts at the University in regard to drug violations.

After a Phish concert on campus in 1994, police said there were seven marijuana-related incidents involving 11 people. In one incident, police seized 84 doses of LSD and a large amount of marijuana, police said in 1994.

Moerschbacher said Penn State, on a normal weekend, has its fair share of drug law violations, but events like concerts and football games often create a spike in numbers.

"They are common around here, but not in this number. This was a result of the concert," Moerschbacher said.

Most of the Penn State Police squad was patrolling the Bryce Jordan Center, which housed the concert, Moerschbacher said, adding drug officers with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office also assisted.

Visitors to the university were responsible for the majority of the violations at "Change Rocks," Moerschbacher said.

"We got some people in their 40s and other people in their 20s," he said.

There were a variety of illegal substances seized at the concert, more seriously methamphetamine, nitrous oxide and LSD, Moerschbacher said.

"It was mostly marijuana," he said. "But there was some use of meth and LSD. But things like meth are fairly uncommon here."

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9080867 - 10/15/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Police busy at Dead concert

link

The parking lot looked like on a football Saturday, except dreadlocks and tie-dyed clothing replaced Penn State T-shirts, as Grateful Dead fans drank beer and waited for former members of the band to reunite on stage Monday.

Penn State police Lt. Jason Zajac patrolled a parking lot near the Bryce Jordan Center. A reporter asked: Was all the beer drinking OK?

“Not really, no,” he said, “but that’s the least of our problems now.” What problems? “Everything else,” he said.

University police Tuesday reported more than two dozen drug-related incidents during and after the concert organized to support presidential candidate Barack Obama.

“There was a lot of odd things last night,” Zajac said.

Such as three people found huffing nitrous oxide from tanks and balloons.

“They had (tanks) in cars, something like that,” Zajac said. “They put them into balloons.”

Another visitor was jailed on $10,000 straight bail for possession of hashish and lysergic acid diethylamide — LSD.

About 7:30 p.m. a narcotics agent working with university police observed a person selling brownies — brownies police think were made with marijuana.

At 2 a.m. Tuesday, a Philadelphia man was arrested for having drugs and an illegal weapon on him while suspected of driving drunk. The man was taken to Mount Nittany Medical Center to have his blood drawn, then to jail where he was processed for criminal charges related to the drugs, the weapon, the DUI and having a suspended license.

An Albany, Ohio, man also went to the hospital, then to jail, after resisting arrest. Police found him under the influence of alcohol “to the degree he endangered himself,” and took him to the hospital. He was later arraigned on charges related to assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and public drunkenness.

The log issued by Penn State police is a lengthy one: One assault. Six ambulance trips to Mount Nittany Medical Center for apparent alcohol overdoses. One non-alcoholic medical emergency. One person found in possession of methamphetamine. Five incidents where people were found with controlled substances other than marijuana.

And 21 people were found with a little bit of weed — 19 men and 2 women.

Zajac said there weren’t any large amounts of drugs found on anyone.

“Most of them were visitors,” Zajac said. “They were people here for the concert.”

Zajac said police anticipated the situation and had extra officers to handle the concert crowd of 15,000.

“It was a sold-out performance,” Zajac said. “It was just a busy concert for police.”

--------------------

OfflineWaking_Eyes
Stranger
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9080951 - 10/15/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Drugs at a Dead concert?
What has the world come to?

OfflinePsilocybonaut
Stranger
Male

Loc: Florida and Ohio
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Waking_Eyes]
    #9081146 - 10/15/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Waking_Eyes said:
Drugs at a Dead concert?
What has the world come to?

LOL yeah..no joke!

OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Psilocybonaut]
    #9081426 - 10/15/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

how can they confiscate just balloons?

--------------------

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: freeDOOM]
    #9081658 - 10/15/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, those police must be really smart! They were able to figure out who had drugs at a Grateful Dead concert! Bless them for keeping us safe!!!

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

OfflineNasrudin
Stranger
    #9081749 - 10/15/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
Penn State police Lt. Jason Zajac patrolled a parking lot near the Bryce Jordan Center. A reporter asked: Was all the beer drinking OK?

“Not really, no,” he said, “but that’s the least of our problems now.” What problems? “Everything else,” he said.

Fucking idiot.  You say that the drugs there were the problem at this concert.  The only thing that endangered people at this place was alcohol.  Maybe one day law enforcement will get its head out of its ass and realize this.

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Nasrudin]
    #9082180 - 10/15/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah but how many people were actually ON drugs. lol

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #9082326 - 10/15/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hooray for meff!

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
    #9082347 - 10/15/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

wasted guy faceplants into your tent and breaks someones arm...totally fine brah!

sell someone a hit of LSD...$10,000 please.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #9085033 - 10/16/08 02:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

How is this news worthy? I mean "All Patrons of Dead Show Sober!" that would be news worthy. Its kind of like this time I saw a news program about how the combo of coffee and cigarettes is bad for your heart. Really? You don't say! Thank you CPT fucking Obvious.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #9085687 - 10/16/08 09:33 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So, nitrous is illegal?

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9087914 - 10/16/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

So, nitrous is illegal?

I don't think that its scheduled federally, but many states prohibit it.

My state (california) allows you to have it as long as its not for the purpose of inhaling.

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9088271 - 10/16/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

So, nitrous is illegal?

I don't think that its scheduled federally, but many states prohibit it.

My state (california) allows you to have it as long as its not for the purpose of inhaling.

Thanks, I thought I'd seen it in sex shops before.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

OfflineNuKe_HaDer
FriendlyNeighborhoodMycologist
Male

Loc: Colorado
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9088623 - 10/16/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I'll be damned.  Doing drugs with the Dead is how it's supposed to be done.

--------------------
Don't look twice, things are flying faster than ever anymore....you know.

OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: SF/NYC biCoastal
Re: Grateful Dead show yields more than 20 drug law violations [Re: Nasrudin]
    #9107944 - 10/21/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ha ha. You'd think so, but when I go to a show and see people standing up talking and huffing gas I think they are a little stupid. THE ONLY WAY PEOPLE DIE FROM GAS IS FROM PHISHING OUT REAL QUICK AND CRACKING THEIR SKULL OPEN.... Except for that guy who stuck the trash bag full over his head. That was dumb. LSD is not really a "safe" drug to be on either. But as long as your in the show, not driving, and not trying to cross a major road on foot. (I about got fucked up) :-)

Ps. I say this because my buddy bought a tank of medical and was kicking it at his house before the panic show in atl. the other day, he phished out and busted his forehead and eybrow open on the fire place.

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale