Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
So peep this i pressure CANNED my jars so i was pretty hopeful for no-ne contams andwhen i checked my jars i noticed a little over 10 of them had this red funk growing on the cakes...these were by far from colonized...the mold was not growing on the mycelium but actually on the substrate ranging in sizes from pinkie nail to a quarter. It wasnt bright red...but it was reddish...so i chucked the jars...WTF caused this...ive never came across anything like it..
There are several others that make posts about lipstick mold and chunks of mycelium becoming contamed with red stuff...but i have seen no posts about it being on uncolonized substrate....
Heres the kicker wich youll have to read my next post about...One of the jars had a living entity inside of it...read my next post to find out more
Quote: RogerRabbit said: Correct, toss it out. In fact, toss out any jar with molds of any kind, whether red, green, blue, black or brown. Especially with the black or brown molds, be careful not to sniff or take a chance on breathing in the spores as they can be very dangerous. RR
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: eris, RogerRabbit 1,605 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic ]