Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
NFL Week Deux Picks
    #8917755 - 09/12/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I can't believe the one guy here w/out that much interest in football at this time of year is the one who ends up doing this.  How pathetic are the rest of you losers?

No gambling lines or point spreads here because I don't pay close enough attention to bet my money on football.

No picks last week, so I'm 0-0, which I'm calling perfect.

Bears @ Panthers - The Panthers are a good team, no doubt.  I would love to see Kyle Orton morph into something like Jake Delhomme currently is.  Both teams are likely confident after winning games last week; the Panthers on a last second TD by Delhomme and the Bears by dominating the lines of Indy.  I think the Bears win, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Titans @ Bengals - Carson Palmer has never really looked the same since his knee injury, but who knows how affected Vince Young is by his recent mental breakdown.  The Bengals clearly have more talent on the offensive side of the ball, and I think they get it done.

Packers @ Lions - AJ Hawk is an absolute beast at lineback for the Pack, Aaron Rodgers looks serviceable, and the team will only get better as the year goes on, even if I don't think Rodgers is as good as some in Green Bay seem to believe..  The Lions remain terrible as always.

Bills @ Jacksonville - I hate to pick the Bills for anything, but they sure looked good in Seattle last week.

Oakland @ Chiefs - Does anyone care?  Give me the Chiefs, since they're at home.

Colts @ Vikings - I don't think the Colts are nearly as bad as they looked against the Bears last week.  I'm going to call it rust from Peyton's knee-surgery.  The Vikings will be pretty good this year, but would have been alot better had they signed a real quarterback.  Tavaris Jackson is good for a negative 3 or 4 games this season at least.  No way he finishes the year.

Giants @ Rams - Los Egantos!  The Rams looked absolutely pathetic last week against the Eagles, and the Giants are a better all around team.  I think the Rams get smoked, again.

Saints @ Redskins - Saints!  Reggie Bush sure did look good going around those edges last week, eh? And I'm a huge Drew Brees fan, so it's no great stretch for me to pick them.  Who's playing QB for the Redskins this week?  Anyone know?  They looked horrible last week.

49'ers @ Seattle - Alex Smith out for the year, I guess.  But I don't think he was their starter anyway, was he?  That was shit-ton of money to drop on a backup.  Seattle looked pretty pathetic against the Bills last week, but I have to think they're better than that. Too good to lose to the pathetic Niners for sure, right? They have a couple of options at RB and I think you'll probably see more of Duckett or Julius Jones this week.

Miami @ Cardinals - Again, two pretty bad teams.  I'm so glad Brett didn't end up in Miami, that would have been hard to watch.  I like the Cardinals, I just don't know why they always suck.  They seem to have talent on offense but never get antyhing done.  This is a toss-up, gimme the Cardinals at home.

Sandy Eggo @ Denver - Merriman is out for the season; hard to play with no leg when you aren't on steroids, eh Shaun?  Chargers win handily.

Baltimore @ Houston - I think this is being played on Monday night now, since the hurricane is coming throuh?  Joe Flacco...Really?  That's the best they can do?  Another snoozer, but I'll take Baltimore for the D.  At least they have something going on one side of the ball.

Jets @ Pats - I think 8 days ago every single one of us would have taken the Patriots without a qualm.  I'll pick the Jets now because I think a big part of the NFL game comes down to your QB.  But maybe that's because I've been a Bears fan for so long. :suicide:  That said, I think this will still be a close game and I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Pats pulled it off.  You have to figure, they still have a good amount of talent on both sides of the ball, and those guys have been through enough that they aren't going to just lie down and die for Man-Genius.  Moss, on the other hand, may just quit if Cassel is bad.

Steelers @ Browns - I read somewhere, and I'm not sure where, but I read that some Steelers fan is selling "Bernard Pollack Fan Club" shirts showing him rolling over Brady's leg.  That is the height of awsomeness and I can't bet against a team with a fan-base like that.  Plus, the Browns are terrible.  Andersen looked bad, bad, bad.

Iggles @ Cowboys - Upset!  Eagles Win!  I don't like Tono Romo, I don't like TO, I don't like PacMan Jones, I don't like Jessica Simpson, I don't like Texas, I don't like Dallas (THEY KILLED KENNEDY).  I *DO* like D-Mac (CHITOWN!), Brian Westbrook, Andy Reid, Pennsylvania, and Philadephia.  Scientific Analysis Agrees, Eagles Win!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8917785 - 09/12/08 10:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Bears @ Panthers
Titans @ Bengals
Packers @ Lions
Bills @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Chiefs
Colts @ Vikings
Giants @ Rams
Saints @ Redskins
49'ers @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Broncos
Ravens @ Texans
Jets @ Patriots
Steelers @ Browns
Eagles @ Cowboys

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8917793 - 09/12/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Bears not Panthers, stupid.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#8917870 - 09/12/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Broncos not Chargers, douchenugget.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8917891 - 09/12/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The Broncos?  Where the fuck do they play?  I'm sorry, but everything west of the Mississippi is Utah as far as I'm concerned.

And Utah Sucks.

Go Chargers.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#8918300 - 09/12/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

chargers suck.

go mickdawg

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#8918666 - 09/12/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
The Broncos?  Where the fuck do they play?  I'm sorry, but everything west of the Mississippi is Utah as far as I'm concerned.

And Utah Sucks.

Go Chargers.

That attitude would get you killed in Utah. :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8918706 - 09/12/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, spent all last summer there.

It is truly a horrific place.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919508 - 09/12/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Denver will beat SD.

Also, Vince Young is out for like a month.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: Redstorm]
    #8919643 - 09/12/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said, I don't pay attention.

They (Tennessee) have even less of a chance now!

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8919841 - 09/12/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Bears @ Panthers
Titans @ Bengals
Packers @ Lions
Bills @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Chiefs
Colts @ Vikings
Giants @ Rams
Saints @ Redskins
49'ers @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Broncos
Ravens @ Texans
Jets @ Patriots
Steelers @ Browns
Eagles @ Cowboys

This list is cash $$$, bro!

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: Left Nut City]
    #8919883 - 09/12/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You're only picking two home teams to win out of all the games? I just think that's HIGHLY unlikely.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: NFL Week Deux Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8926060 - 09/13/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bears @ Panthers
Titans @ Bengals
Packers @ Lions
Bills @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Chiefs
Colts @ Vikings
Giants @ Rams
Saints @ Redskins
49'ers @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Broncos