Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA]
    #8869681 - 09/03/08 01:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

15 pounds of meth seized
September 2, 2008 - Fresno Bee

Fresno police said Tuesday that they made four arrests and seized 15 pounds of methamphetamine in a "significant" case involving a Mexican drug trafficking ring.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said the investigation, which included federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents, targeted a ring smuggling drugs to the San Joaquin Valley and other cities across the country.

"Our investigation has determined that they have in fact supplied crystal meth to Chicago, Atlanta and Houston, and all throughout California," Dyer said.

The case culminated Saturday at Elm and Jensen avenues in southwest Fresno, where the accused smugglers met undercover agents and were taken into custody.

Arrested were Felipe Munoz, 31, and Juan Perez Jr., 21, both of Indio; Francisco Liera, 29, of Cathedral City; and Armando Gallardo, 27, of Reedley, Dyer said.

A fifth subject in Mexico is being sought by the DEA. Search warrants were served in Reedley and Cathedral City.

Dyer said the investigation began a month ago when an informant told drug agents that he had been in contact with major traffickers in the Mexican town of Algodones.

After the agents were introduced to the traffickers, they negotiated to buy 30 pounds of methamphetamine at $17,500 per pound, for a total of $525,000.

Only half that amount was delivered Saturday, concealed by the suspects in a 2002 Honda Accord with a hidden compartment requiring several elaborate steps to open.

"The key had to be turned on, and once it was, the defroster turned on, the lights of the vehicle turned on, and then a magnet had to actually be waved across a cupholder, which then allowed that compartment to be opened," Dyer said.

Dyer was joined for the announcement by John Donnelly, resident agent in charge of the DEA's Fresno office, who said the case shows that "drugs are both a local issue and they are an international issue."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNasrudin
Stranger
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #8869720 - 09/03/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The actual meth bust aside, that's a damn cool security compartment for the car.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: Nasrudin]
    #8869731 - 09/03/08 01:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I thought the same thing. The heck with the meth, I want that car!

OfflineEternitys_Child
Gorilla
Male

Loc: Chinatown Houston
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #8869778 - 09/03/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wow... nice little get up they have going there. In a way, I'm glad big connections to a horrible drug are getting caught, but too bad it won't stop new dealers from emerging

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: Eternitys_Child]
    #8869971 - 09/03/08 03:34 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, it will for the time being put a dent in some supply.  Maybe it will create a large enough ripple effect to save some lives, people that may have been lost to it.  Maybe it will come back stronger.  Either way, Meth has does nothing but rip my entire family to pieces.  For all I care, anyone associated with mass dealing the substance should have death penalties.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: shroomzey]
    #8870376 - 09/03/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzey said:
Well, it will for the time being put a dent in some supply.  Maybe it will create a large enough ripple effect to save some lives, people that may have been lost to it.  Maybe it will come back stronger.  Either way, Meth has does nothing but rip my entire family to pieces.  For all I care, anyone associated with mass dealing the substance should have death penalties.

How about your family members get the death penalty instead?

Edit:  (cuz if they were harming your relationship with them and harming their life and not working to their potential they were harming society and our government more so than the dealer who has no way of knowing you'll be an ass w/ the drug)

Were they doing bad things while on the drugs?  Or did they just suffer personal loss?

Either way, I fail to see how the individual providing an honest service is to blame for your family members misjudgments.

If it is wrong to cause harm to another, like you as affected by your family members' plight, by dealing drugs to people, surely it is wrong to cause harm to another, you, by taking drugs?  Should your family members thus be punished for being bad drug users that harm society by not working to their potential and harming their family?

Or how about we just realize that we all have choices in life and that an adult who chooses to buy a substance and in fact gets that subatance they intended to recieve has no gripe with anyone but themselves?  Maybe I shouldn't have the right to complain cuz someone else is a druggie or seller if they're not harming my rights, and maybe that person on drugs/selling drugs should be held to account for when they infringe upon someone's rights and otherwise left to their own voluntary actions?

Do you hold the same contempt for pharmacists who sell drugs?  Or is that different if I get someone else's permission to imbide in something I freely take up?  So the pharmacist is just fulfilling the order of the doctor as the drug dealer is fulfilling the order of the user?

Maybe we just should all get permission from someone with a degree before we get a job, go to school, drink, smoke, or make any travel arangements.  Surely then we'd be safer.

Edited by johnm214 (09/03/08 10:01 AM)

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: johnm214]
    #8870869 - 09/03/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Do you hold the same contempt for pharmacists who sell drugs?  Or is that different if I get someone else's permission to imbide in something I freely take up?  So the pharmacist is just fulfilling the order of the doctor as the drug dealer is fulfilling the order of the user?

Maybe we just should all get permission from someone with a degree before we get a job, go to school, drink, smoke, or make any travel arangements.  Surely then we'd be safer.

Pharmacists, no.  They're providing a service with a MULTITUDE of drugs that generally benefit the users.  What a vague accusation.  Does a pharmacist knowingly only distribute one substance known to destroy lives, no.  So lemme ask you this, is there some general consensus out there that crystal meth has bettered anyone's lives?  You know, people saying,"Yeah, I'm sure glad I experienced that."
Hmm?  Or that people willingly dive into the hell that the substance can stir in people's lives.  Maybe if you've ever been in the positions that I have, personally (family) and in the work place, (on an ambulance) you would get to see how much scum I have to scrap off the streets due to this stuff. 

I don't think anyone asks for an addiction when they start hitting nicotine, or alcoholics when they drink, nor do people willing think that meth will damage their lives.  But I really don't think that the world would miss this substance at all, except for the drug lords, and some pharmaceutical companies.

Quote:

How about your family members get the death penalty instead?

Were they doing bad things while on the drugs?  Or did they just suffer personal loss?

Either way, I fail to see how the individual providing an honest service is to blame for your family members misjudgments.

Wow, what a bold thing to say.  And your rationale is flawed.  What honest service might they be providing?  Filling a NEED, a psychotic, crime driving NEED that this stuff can brew.  Anyone who knowingly mass distributes this stuff is simply filling a hole that this shit digs.  It's not like the demand for this stuff is so huge because its a great substance for people's lives.  Common sense.  And to answer your two questions: both, personal loss and some chose to do bad things.

Quote:

If it is wrong to cause harm to another, like you as affected by your family members' plight, by dealing drugs to people, surely it is wrong to cause harm to another, you, by taking drugs?  Should your family members thus be punished for being bad drug users that harm society by not working to their potential and harming their family?

Or how about we just realize that we all have choices in life and that an adult who chooses to buy a substance and in fact gets that subatance they intended to recieve has no gripe with anyone but themselves?  Maybe I shouldn't have the right to complain cuz someone else is a druggie or seller if they're not harming my rights, and maybe that person on drugs/selling drugs should be held to account for when they infringe upon someone's rights and otherwise left to their own voluntary actions?

I agree that all adult's have the right to make their own choices in using it or not.  But once it becomes an addiction, there is a fine line between logical choice and reason.  And I agree that it is not right to do bad things or cause harm while using.  But I think the benefactors of harm are always the users.  And again, to knowingly distribute that, on a MASS scale, (difference between small/personal and mass) is horrendous.

Quote:

Edit:  (cuz if they were harming your relationship with them and harming their life and not working to their potential they were harming society and our government more so than the dealer who has no way of knowing you'll be an ass w/ the drug)

How dumb, to say that the dealer has no way of knowing you'll be an ass or that it may harm the user.  That is why this stuff is made, because of its high potential for abuse.  Because of how it controls it's users.  What honest service is that?

Let's just, mass produce a toy.  And this toy is known to have a huge malfunction, possibly explode, harming the user or others.  And even though it can be destructive it is somewhat fun, so people like it.  And it has a high potential for abuse/addiction.(I know, play with the idea)

I would say the difference between the distributor and the user is this:  the user is stupid, and the distributor is abusing that knowledge, harmfully.  People start to use it for its perceived benefits, not because of its huge potential harm.  I just don't see how you could make them on in the same.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Edited by shroomzey (09/03/08 10:37 AM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: shroomzey]
    #8871158 - 09/03/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pharmacists, no.  They're providing a service with a MULTITUDE of drugs that generally benefit the users.  What a vague accusation.  Does a pharmacist knowingly only distribute one substance known to destroy lives, no.  So lemme ask you this, is there some general consensus out there that crystal meth has bettered anyone's lives?  You know, people saying,"Yeah, I'm sure glad I experienced that."
Hmm?  Or that people willingly dive into the hell that the substance can stir in people's lives.  Maybe if you've ever been in the positions that I have, personally (family) and in the work place, (on an ambulance) you would get to see how much scum I have to scrap off the streets due to this stuff.

I don't think anyone asks for an addiction when they start hitting nicotine, or alcoholics when they drink, nor do people willing think that meth will damage their lives.  But I really don't think that the world would miss this substance at all, except for the drug lords, and some pharmaceutical companies.

Obviously I was refering to those transactions where a pharmacist is dispensing meth or other amphetamines, cocaine, et cet.  I don't see the relevance of whether or not a pharmacist sells only meth or if they sell other stuff too.  They are the same as the drug dealers except they get permission from someone else.  I don't think the merits of a sale of drugs have anything to do with whether some doctor approves.  People own their bodies and own the consequences of their actions.  You can't expect the pharmacist to pay when you do something stupid on drugs provided they dispensed them correctly, same w/ dealer.

Yes their is a consensus that meth is a bad thing, but that doesn't matter.  People buy it, and those apparently like it.  I've done it about three times and can't say that I suffered any negative effects or was sorry I did.  I just won't do it cuz I've seen enough evidence that MDMA and other amphetamines may cause neurotoxicity to an unknown degree that I don't care to mess with it.  If I did it would be to help at school though.

Quote:

Wow, what a bold thing to say.  And your rationale is flawed.  What honest service might they be providing?  Filling a NEED, a psychotic, crime driving NEED that this stuff can brew.  Anyone who knowingly mass distributes this stuff is simply filling a hole that this shit digs.  It's not like the demand for this stuff is so huge because its a great substance for people's lives.  Common sense.  And to answer your two questions: both, personal loss and some chose to do bad things.

Service is providing the meth to people who want it.  Honest is that they do provide meth when the person buys meth.  If they don't then I agree that should be a crime if done knowingly.  Sorry to sound like a dick, that's why I added the edited portion to clarify why I asked that question re: death penalty.  I don't see how the dealer is responsible for the actions people take on the drugs they freely buy.  I see your family members who did bad things as the problem, not the drug dealer.  Personal responsibility.  We are responsible for our actions, and we are not responsible for others'.

Quote:

I agree that all adult's have the right to make their own choices in using it or not.  But once it becomes an addiction, there is a fine line between logical choice and reason.  And I agree that it is not right to do bad things or cause harm while using.  But I think the benefactors of harm are always the users.  And again, to knowingly distribute that, on a MASS scale, (difference between small/personal and mass) is horrendous.

Might be morally wrong if you have reason to know that people will do bad things, but it shouldn't be illegal as the problems of prohibition are worse than the effects of the inevitable demands for substances.  Should a dealer be punished if I buy meth?  I'm an adult who would use it to study.  That guy shouldn't be lumped in the criminal justice system with someone who sells it to some guy who's an obvious addict.  While neither should be punished, their is just no just rational for including the first with the second.

Quote:

ow dumb, to say that the dealer has no way of knowing you'll be an ass or that it may harm the user.  That is why this stuff is made, because of its high potential for abuse.  Because of how it controls it's users.  What honest service is that?

Let's just, mass produce a toy.  And this toy is known to have a huge malfunction, possibly explode, harming the user or others.  And even though it can be destructive it is somewhat fun, so people like it.  And it has a high potential for abuse/addiction.(I know, play with the idea)

I would say the difference between the distributor and the user is this:  the user is stupid, and the distributor is abusing that knowledge, harmfully.  People start to use it for its perceived benefits, not because of its huge potential harm.  I just don't see how you could make them on in the same.

It's also made to relieve fatigue and improve concentration which is what I've used it for and many others.  The toy that malfunctions and explodes if violation of the implied warranty and fitness for use implied in naming the thing a toy.  I'd agree that's bad.  If you sell the toy as "exploding thing that will kill you when you touch it" then their is no problem with false advertising/warranties/fitness for use issues.

Same with meth.  If you sell it honestly as what it is, meth, then I have no problem.  If you put other shit in it or sell something else I do.  You may also not claim the meth is not addictive or say it has some benifit it doesn't have.  But simply honestly selling a chemical as what it is should not be a crime.

Sorry for your issues w/ the drug.  I just don't see how prohibiton helps anything, and I don't see how it would be acceptable to imprison people for use and sales even if it did.

Its my body, you and the government should not regulate what I do with it if I'm not hurting others rights.  This is whether I'm selling a substance honestly or consuming one.

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: johnm214]
    #8871364 - 09/03/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

woot woot 4 out of the 4 guys lives in my valley! they were keeping a lot of people up.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: Eternitys_Child]
    #8872436 - 09/03/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wow... nice little get up they have going there. In a way, I'm glad big connections to a horrible drug are getting caught, but too bad it won't stop new dealers from emerging

People should be allowed to use meth if they want.

Meth is not a horrible drug when used responsibly.

Many people say marijuana is a horrible drug but that is just propaganda too. 

Quote:

Well, it will for the time being put a dent in some supply.  Maybe it will create a large enough ripple effect to save some lives, people that may have been lost to it.  Maybe it will come back stronger.  Either way, Meth has does nothing but rip my entire family to pieces.

I don't think busting meth dealers will save any lives.  Amphetamines kill a very small number of people each year and busting dealers will only make black market conditions stronger, causing more total harm. 

Quote:

For all I care, anyone associated with mass dealing the substance should have death penalties.

If you got your wish you would have a much smaller family and would probably regret wishing for that.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fresno Police Bust Major Meth Ring [CA] [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8877717 - 09/04/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, no.  he only said mass dealing.  The pharmacist and his family were only little dealers so its okay.  Its only those who sell more than the arbitrary amount his family sold that should be put to death.  :rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom