Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth?
    #8604906 - 07/07/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

From what I can tell by searching past posts, I have some mutant PR mycelium growth which has been referred to as Cauliflower.  The problem is I don't know what to do with the cakes.  Should I cut off all these growths or leave them. I tried to pull them off but they are very spongy and will not pull off, all they do is turn dark blue (visible in some photos but it looks kinda green in the photo but it is NOT contaminated). This morning I got a few pins growing at the bottom of one cake on a small area which is not covered in this stuff.  I do not think I get any pins off this stuff and it covers the majority of my cakes.  I also cased the tray with same batch of cakes and they are also starting to grow this mutant mycelium.  I  have about 18 jars colonizing now which were knocked up with the same LC so they will probably have the same growth. Should I sterilize a knife and go at it or leave well enough alone.

Edited by hottamali (07/08/08 06:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: hottamali]
    #8604915 - 07/07/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i have some pr jars colonizing.  so im watchin this thread

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: djblackout]
    #8605956 - 07/07/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone with experience with this type of mycelium?

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: hottamali]
    #8605994 - 07/07/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8574947#8574947

Check out that thread. It talks about cutting off all the mycelium for a better grow, he calls it scratching. Im not sure if it will help, but, thought it might be an idea worth looking at.

Edit - Whoo that is some ugly lookin myc. lol.

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

Edited by Ledd (07/07/08 09:20 PM)

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #8606011 - 07/07/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hottamali said:

I'm not. Didn't I see these yesterday without the pins? If no-one gives you an answer other than 'try again', I'd flame a scalpel and try to excise some rhizomorphic growth to an agar plate. If your not into agar, maybe try inoculating another jar with a decent paring. It's a crap shoot that way, but why not have fun with it?

Probably best to let someone who's "in the know" guide you here. Good luck brother!  :2cents:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: Ledd]
    #8606013 - 07/07/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, I followed that thread last week but that has nothing to do with what is growing on my cakes and somewhat in my casing.

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8606043 - 07/07/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:
Quote:

hottamali said:

I'm not. Didn't I see these yesterday without the pins? If no-one gives you an answer other than 'try again', I'd flame a scalpel and try to excise some rhizomorphic growth to an agar plate. If your not into agar, maybe try inoculating another jar with a decent paring. It's a crap shoot that way, but why not have fun with it?

Probably best to let someone who's "in the know" guide you here. Good luck brother!  :2cents:

Yea the pins showed up this morning only on one cake.  I've exhausted searching for an answer in old posts on what to do with this cauliflower growth.  It is mentioned in a few posts but not what to do about it.  RR replied to a post saying it was some mutant mycelium and Roadkill had a couple of posts showing a cake with it.  Not one post that I read addressed weather to do anything or not.
It can appeared in other stains besides PR from what I read.  I have a few jars which will be ready in a week and they most likely will do the same since they are from the same LC.  I guess I will just experiment with a hot scalpel but was hoping someone could give me an answer. Thanks.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8606057 - 07/07/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

After looking at the pictures, it appears to be a contaminant.  PM workman to have a look at the thread.  It seems I remember him ID'ing it before.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8606089 - 07/07/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks RR I will PM Workman

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
    #8609189 - 07/08/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I was searching again today on the web trying to figure what I have and someone suggested that I have Mycogone aka wet bubble and that I should toss them ASAP.  Any thoughts on that one?  Could this be Mycogone or wet bubble  The first three photos are from yesterday. The rest are from today. The bubbles in the first photo are from misting.  It reminds me of an overlay where the misting just sits on top of the mycelium? (Maybe that's what wet bubble is).  I cut off the growth from one cake earlier today as you can tell it no longer has the cauliflower and you can see it is very bruised, photo 4.  The 5th and 6th photos are of the stuff I cut off after it dried.
Should I toss everything out including my 20 jars still waiting to be birthed if it is wet bubble as someone suggested or are they FOS.  In looking again at some more photos of wet bubble, I'm not sure if this is what I have.  Workman where are you?

Edited by hottamali (07/08/08 06:14 PM)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8609404 - 07/08/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have seen some scary contamination like THIS >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=22&Number=7032792&fpart=1&PHPSESSID= but that is some "I'm gonna burn my house down type of shit :dielaughing: ,don't feel bad,it happens to us all from time to time,learn from it and chock it up to the accumulation of knowledge

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: Blutjager]
    #8609496 - 07/08/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think RR was referring to the similar looking Schizophyllum commune contamination but you are experiencing something else.  The bluing of the tissue seems to indicate that the tissue is just malformed cubensis mycelium.  Its hard to know what is exactly causing this but its not harmful.  It looks like you have some more normal mushrooms coming along so I wouldn't worry.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: Blutjager]
    #8609526 - 07/08/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Blutjager, your pictures kinda look like they have some of the same white blob.  Do you know what contaminate was in your casings?  I think I'm taking the cakes and casing outdoors tomorrow.  What would you say I should use to decontaminate the FC and my casing tray?  Oust or do I need something a little stronger like gas and a match?  I really can't spray bleach in my room. I could use oust to spray the room and bleach the FC outdoors and cook the perlite in the oven.

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: Workman]
    #8609548 - 07/08/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Workman said:
I think RR was referring to the similar looking Schizophyllum commune contamination but you are experiencing something else.  The bluing of the tissue seems to indicate that the tissue is just malformed cubensis mycelium.  Its hard to know what is exactly causing this but its not harmful.  It looks like you have some more normal mushrooms coming along so I wouldn't worry.

Thank you Workman.  I was about to toss the hole thing and I've been very meticulous with sterility and aseptic techniques.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8609605 - 07/08/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hottamali said:
Blutjager, your pictures kinda look like they have some of the same white blob.  Do you know what contaminate was in your casings?  I think I'm taking the cakes and casing outdoors tomorrow.  What would you say I should use to decontaminate the FC and my casing tray?  Oust or do I need something a little stronger like gas and a match?  I really can't spray bleach in my room. I could use oust to spray the room and bleach the FC outdoors and cook the perlite in the oven.

I didn't have to sterilize my greenhouse or anything because they never grew in there,the second I noticed that they had anything wrong with them I put the lids on them and put them somewhere and than forgot all about them,when I discovered them again thats what they looked like,I have no idea what it was and have never seen it before that or after that,I would certainly dump and clean them outdoors though and than bleach whatever you can and oust whatever you cant

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
    #8609708 - 07/08/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Workman seems to think they are alright so I am going to leave the alone but keep an eye on them.  I think my casing might show a few pins tomorrow.

Have you ever heard of Mycogone or wet bubble?

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #8609725 - 07/08/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I would have thought the cakes were fine when the pins were growing right out from inbetween the stuff.

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Anyone experienced w/ PR & Cauliflower type mycelium growth? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #8609774 - 07/08/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I feel better now after hearing from Workman.  I cleaned off some more of the growth from around the pins and also the entire second cake.  I can't do anything about the casing tray but if it's just harmless weird mycelium that's alright with me.  I'll be birthing a bunch of the same jars this weekend and I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Thanks for everyones input.  Happy cultivating

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds