Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Bid to combat prison drugs unveiled
    #8603177 - 07/07/08 05:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

link

Proposals to slash the amount of illegal drugs available inside jails are due to be published.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw will unveil a report on the Prison Service's success - or failure - in combating the smuggling of cannabis, cocaine, heroin and other substances.

The inquiry, conducted by a former top policeman, will also include a set of recommendations on how prisons should strangle the drug supply behind bars.

The report is by the former president of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) and chief constable of West Mercia, David Blakey.

It comes just three weeks after an official Government report warned that drug-free prisons were not a realistic possibility, and raised the prospect of handing out clean needles to prisoners to inject heroin.

The Ministry of Justice had attempted to keep the report by independent auditors PricewaterhouseCoopers secret for months.

It disclosed that a drug addict costs the taxpayer more than £800,000 over his or her lifetime.

The authors of last month's report said: "The creation of drug-free prisons is an expensive option and was not considered to be practical in the current resource climate."

They highlighted the failings of mandatory drug tests, which have frequently been hailed by ministers as a success in reducing inmates' drug use.

"Staff and prisoners generally felt that mandatory drug testing should not be used to monitor the behaviour of individuals since it was open to manipulation (with clean urine often being used as a currency), and other problems such as recreational users of cannabis moving to opiate use to avoid detection," the report said.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewille

Re: Bid to combat prison drugs unveiled [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8603210 - 07/07/08 05:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
link

. . .and other problems such as recreational users of cannabis moving to opiate use to avoid detection," the report said.

Gotta love the war on drugs!

OfflineShroomNinja
P. Shuriken -Ninjas Choice!!
Male

Re: Bid to combat prison drugs unveiled [Re: wille]
    #8603281 - 07/07/08 07:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have the view if you're inside you dont get any perks. So it would be nice to stop the drugs in prison, but fact is its never gonna happen.

Am i actually agreeing with something the government are doing??  :whack:

--------------------
Welcome To The Realm of The Unknown!!

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Bid to combat prison drugs unveiled [Re: ShroomNinja]
    #8605134 - 07/07/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

if i was locked up in a cell for many years, i'd try just about any drug that came my way out of boredom and thirst of experiencing something out of the ordinary.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Bid to combat prison drugs unveiled [Re: chodamunky]
    #8606214 - 07/07/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chodamunky said:
if i was locked up in a cell for many years, i'd try just about any drug that came my way out of boredom and thirst of experiencing something out of the ordinary.

Still human or something?
What's wrong with you?

Worship DEA.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds