Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskin_
d^_^b
Male

Loc: Texas
Low level DMT extraction
    #8549739 - 06/22/08 03:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys,
recently I've got quite an interest in trying to extract some DMT. I live in Tasmania and the only plants containing DMT that I know of are Acacia melanoxylon and Phalaris grass, which are known for their low levels and in the Phalaris's case, a difficult extraction.

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these and could give me some tips/point me in the direction of a good tek, or if any other Tasmanians could enlighten me on some over DMT containing plants.

Thanks guys.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrumbles
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: skin_]
    #8549828 - 06/22/08 04:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Firstly, I'm not tasmanian (Im from Australia, not near it ;-)

There are a couple of good teks for DMT extractions on shrmry, and as a general rule, MHRB (Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark) can be substituted for various Acacia (wattle) species in these teks. The marsofold tek is a quite descriptive one, but perhaps the best for a beginner would be the QT's DMT extraction on erowid.org, complete with images and colour coded writing.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extraction_guide1/dmt_extraction_guide1.shtml

Laziness may prompt you to buy a wheatjuicer (healthfood stores) and stuff handfulls of Phalaris grass in with some lemon juice, and ingest what comes out the other end. Personally, i think its a shit idea.

according to worldwidewattle.com the bulk of tasmania has between 10 and 39 different acacia species.

Remember, the search button is your friend.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: Crumbles]
    #8550301 - 06/22/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Is there any particular reason you recommend QT's tek?  Because in my opinion, that tek is a pile of steaming worthless excrement.  If you've used it and gotten good results following the directions as written, more power to you, but it's typically regarded as one of the most flawed extraction processes out there.  People have been petitioning erowid for years to remove it so it can stop leading people astray.

To the OP:  I haven't had any experience with extracting from less potent starting materials, but considering that both acacia and phalaris are known to contain plenty of plant fats, an acid-base process is going to be the way to go.  Vovin's Tek is the most thorough tek I've seen, and is probably your best bet when starting from a weaker plant;  for a little simpler process, the LexTek is designed for use with more potent acacias, but may or may not have enough cleanup steps for your situation.

OfflineEndlessness
Nexus Refugee

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8550330 - 06/22/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what about Gramine in phalaris grass ?  Gramine is a toxic alkaloid..  Does anybody have any info if it would be removed by a standard acid/base extraction (or recrystalization) ?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: Endlessness]
    #8550344 - 06/22/08 11:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Phalaris as a starting material always worries me on account of these reports of toxic alkaloids.  Considering that both DMT and gramine are tertiary amines on a 3-alkylindole skeleton, I really don't see any way that an acid/base process could possibly remove the gramine and keep the DMT.  They'd be difficult to seperate short of chromatography.

Offlineskin_
d^_^b
Male

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8557416 - 06/24/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, I've been having a look around and it looks like melanoxylon is the only way I can really do it. I'm going to need a hell of a lot, because it only boasts an awesome 0.02%.

I'm not really sure on how well it's going to work.. but I guess it's worth a try! I'm going to be using Lex's tek, I think. Getting most of the supplies tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes.

--------------------

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
    #8561438 - 06/25/08 06:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sort of in the same situation, living in Eastern Victoria. Hope it works!

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: lukey2411]
    #8561661 - 06/25/08 08:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

honestly i don't think you've got much hope... Phalaris is pretty worthless and ive never heard of melanoxylon. Either move to the mainland or order some other Acacia seeds from one of the Australian ethno sites and grow your own

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: undergrounder]
    #8561821 - 06/25/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

dude, just order some mimosa hostilis.

i thought there was a shit ton of dmt in your area.  last time i was in melbourne kids had dmt falling out there asses. i understand tasmania isnt australia but the kids i met said it was abundant because the native flora had plenty of easily harvestable dmt.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #8561926 - 06/25/08 10:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Tasmania is a part of Australia.
Anyone ever ordered some Mimosa Hostilis off ebay and it turned out not to be bunk bullshit?

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #8564854 - 06/25/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MycoGlowFlow said:
dude, just order some mimosa hostilis.

Mimosa hostilis is illegal here.

--------------------

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#8564878 - 06/25/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Your best bet is to find someone in Vic/NSW who has access to the acacia bark (can't remember the name) that has the highest alkaloid content.

QLD has mimosa hostillis

Offlineskin_
d^_^b
Male

#8564897 - 06/25/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah dude, you cant order Mimosa hostilis off ebay because it'll get confiscated. I'd be interested in buying some maidenii or something, but nowhere seems to sell it. If I can't find any, I'm just going to need a shitload of melanoxylon. I'll let you know how it goes, should be starting this Saturday.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#8564918 - 06/25/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that's gonna be a helluva lot of work. let us know how you go :thumbup:

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Low level DMT extraction [Re: indica]
    #8564928 - 06/25/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Mimosa hostilis: What growing native and wild? never heard that before :shrug:

If you do get someone to send you some acacia bark, although it'd probably make it through, it's also illegal to possess and under the letter of the law you could be charged with possession of an admixture (being the same as possession of the drug), supply, trafficking, and if you happen to have a can of shellite in your laundry when the cops come raid - conspiracy to manufacture .. a Schedule 1 drug.

Again it'd probably make i through but you know... not a risk i'd wanna take.

--------------------

Edited by undergrounder (06/26/08 12:13 AM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#8564940 - 06/25/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no it doesn't grow native or wild, but i have seen and heard of mimosa hostillis growing in qld as it is ideal conditions up that way.

how would the average every day cop going taking a stroll past a house and seeing a massive frield of mimosa... would they recognise it off the top of their little cop hats?

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

#8564972 - 06/25/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The more I look into finding DMT sources, the less likely it seems that it will happen.
Might stick to cacti. I'm getting a San Pedro, rooted cutting tomorrow.

Offlineskin_
d^_^b
Male

#8564983 - 06/25/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My friend said he'd send me some Acacia Maidenii from Queensland. We're working out the best way to send it. Does anyone have any suggestions? :crankdre:

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8564985 - 06/25/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah heaps of people grow it themselves sure...

Cops wouldn't have a clue... neither a stand of obtus growing out the back. But actual trees aren't illegal, just the stripped bark. Which since it's not alive anymore, is an admixture, which under NSW law is illegal. And yeah even then cops wouldn't have a clue, but you still run the risk.

People in Australia have been busted for DMT manufacture before, its not like the cops are totally blind, but its still pretty low-key

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8564992 - 06/25/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

forget maidenii skin_ seriously i read that it's way too variable even if it has any in it.

--------------------

Edited by undergrounder (06/26/08 12:13 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order