Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
feeling the vibration of a rock
    #8311599 - 04/21/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

when i bounce a rock around in my hands for 15-20 seconds (like you would with a dice before tossing them), then clench the rock tightly i can feel a vibration coming from it. it happens even longer with a crystal, sometimes up to 10 seconds.

what is happening?

has anyone tried this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: deranger]
    #8311897 - 04/21/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If you do a test using proper scientific methods and controls, you will find that the vibration is imaginary.

This has been tested repeatedly and in every case where someone claims they can feel a vibration as you describe, the tests shows it was all imagined.

The only cases of positive results, on closer examination it was found that either there was a hoax or the test was not done according to proper scientific methodology.

Without proper testing methods, something scientists call the Clever Hans Effect occurs. Read more about it here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5130179#Post5130179

However, if you really can feel vibrations and can demonstrate it in a properly controlled scientific test, you can win a million dollar prize that is up for grabs for the first person in history to do this.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: Diploid]
    #8311945 - 04/21/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hmm, so it is imagined. i thought there was some scientific explanation (besides it being imagined) to this, but couldn't find any info.

it just made me think when i tested this with other objects and didn't get much of a vibration at all. but with the quartz it almost feels like im holding on to a vibrating dildo.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8311981 - 04/21/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

what you are experiencing is the tactile after image of several catches of the rock.
tactile after images, or sensory resonance is a real effect which is fabulously responsible for the continuance of the human race.
yes you feel it
it feels good.
it is a sensation yet more than a sensation
it is a compounded sensation.
a sensation with the echoes of previous sensations mixed together.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8312053 - 04/21/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

interesting!

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#8312160 - 04/21/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I hear your rock hates black people. What do you say to this charge? Hm! What do you say sir! Cavorting with a racist rock! Is that you? Cavorting?

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#8313253 - 04/22/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Everything is conscious, everything has a memory.
Everything is vibration, everything is imaginary.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8313266 - 04/22/08 03:24 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I use crystals and rocks as focusing tools for my mind. They do help.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8313302 - 04/22/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You should know by now that you have to tie a pretty red bow on your explanantion else it is too stark and logical and will be overlooked by the "I want it to be magic" crowd.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8313313 - 04/22/08 04:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There's nothing so magic about using an inanimate object to focus your attention on for a period of time.  It's a way of stilling the mind. 

In regards to vibrations, if someone is clenching a rock tightly, they will inevitably feel their own heartbeat through the pressure of the handhold.  If you squeeze something hard, you'll feel a pulse in your hand.  It definitely isn't magic; it's just your blood doing its thing.  Someone who is interested in the mindset that 'everything is one' would think that there isn't much difference in where the pulse comes from; if you can feel a pulse while holding a rock, then the origin is irrelevant.

I don't really care about pulses.  I use crystals whenever I feel bitchy and my mind is racing as a way to steady myself and chill out.  They do the trick for me, in that light.  It's a different way to get stoned.

The mystical power of most inanimate objects is found only in the mind, which is why it cannot be proven by a physically based science. 

I haven't touched my rocks in awhile.  I've been more into the spiritual qualities of avocado lately.  :tongue:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: MOTH]
    #8314146 - 04/22/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Again, not trying to dis anyone, but try a test using proper controls where the Clever Hans effect or the Placebo Effect are controlled out of the equation, and you will find what's left is pure imagination.

A crytal, a rock, an empty box, a bit of methamphetamine, and a cockroach will all produce equivalent effects when the test is such that you do not know what you're reacting to.

When you just play armchair scientist and play around in a framework that permits self-deception, then you'll get all sorts of positive results. Switch to a framework where self-deception isn't possible, and you'll get zero results.

If you say otherwise, then again, there is a million dollar prize you should be able to win easily. But be advised, to win the million, you'll have to demonstrate what you claim you can do under proper scientifically valid observing conditions.

Now, with that said, if you still refuse to go attempt to win the million, ask yourself honestly why not.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #8314173 - 04/22/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
when i bounce a rock around in my hands for 15-20 seconds (like you would with a dice before tossing them), then clench the rock tightly i can feel a vibration coming from it. it happens even longer with a crystal, sometimes up to 10 seconds.

what is happening?

has anyone tried this?

Resonance?

Take a violin.. Put it in the corner of a room... Then put another violin, in the corner opposite of the first, And play a tune..

Same goes for all of this reality..

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#8314203 - 04/22/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:

Again, not trying to dis anyone, but try a test using proper controls where the Clever Hans effect or the Placebo Effect are controlled out of the equation, and you will find what's left is pure imagination.

A crytal, a rock, and empty box, a bit of methamphetamine, and a cockroach will all produce equivalent effects when the test is such that you do not know what you're reacting to.

I agree; ANYTHING can be used as a focusing tool. I choose to use crystals because they're pretty. I find cockroaches are less calming.

If a focusing tool helps someone (me for example) distract themselves from launching into being a spaz, then in my opinion it works. I don't see how narrowing my attention on a particular object and feeling calmer from having that poing of focus is self-deception. It's obviously not the object doing the work; it's the mind. The object is only a catalyst that helps the mind settle.

A settled mind is my goal, after all.

Edited by MOTH (04/22/08 12:20 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#8314254 - 04/22/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I should also add I haven't found much difference between the types of crystals and how they assist me in maintaining a focus.  I used to be very big into the different types and I agree, many people imagine they do different things depending on type. 

I didn't really find this to be true.  :shrug:  A quartz felt the same in my hand as an amethyst. 

Nowadays, I sum up my crystal-collecting habit with:

"I just like sparkly objects." 

*twinkle twinkle*

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #8315241 - 04/22/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Watch this. It's very interesting:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8315262 - 04/22/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I should also add I haven't found much difference between the types of crystals and how they assist me in maintaining a focus.  I used to be very big into the different types and I agree, many people imagine they do different things depending on type. 

I didn't really find this to be true.  :shrug:  A quartz felt the same in my hand as an amethyst. 

Nowadays, I sum up my crystal-collecting habit with:

"I just like sparkly objects." 

*twinkle twinkle*

Hunting crystals is one of my favorite things to do in the high desert. :thumbup: I think they're very cool. I have lots of em.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#8315274 - 04/22/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Watch this. It's very interesting:

Thanks...I'm a fan of all things interesting.  :grin:

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8322603 - 04/24/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
what you are experiencing is the tactile after image of several catches of the rock.
tactile after images, or sensory resonance is a real effect which is fabulously responsible for the continuance of the human race.
yes you feel it
it feels good.
it is a sensation yet more than a sensation
it is a compounded sensation.
a sensation with the echoes of previous sensations mixed together.

why do crystals seem to produce more sensory resonance than other objects?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: feeling the vibration of a rock [Re: Epigallo]
    #8322673 - 04/24/08 10:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

not sure what exactly you mean but if you know how to feel metaphysical energy, rocks and crystals give me an intense feeling and resonate a strong aura rocks not so much but crystals give off one like a person but way more direct and clear.

as for that video shrug who says they are really aware people that can sense that metaphysical vibration.

hey maybe its just the tactile after image of the catches in the rock or what ever then maybe thats how it works with people regardless its feeling a resonation of the person. i dunno how to explain it or what exactly it is but you can transfer the effects of drugs and energy via it.( tho you could say its all just mind games,mind fuckery,delusions) regardless what you want to say it is it works and if that means i can give energy, heal, and transfer the effects of drugs with it (whether it be real or not ) cough cough joke joke cause whats real you know if your feeling it your feeling it and thats good enough for me. Via reiki my friend trips balls when i do and hes in another state or she cause theres a bunch of people that do and can call me while im tripping to tell me i am so... shrug what ever you want to call it mass delusion/hallucination. the parties involved are unaware of my usage other then the fact they are tripping for no reason, but maybe just maybe they are having a completely random flash back at the same moment in time thats it and it always happens each time.

quite frankly i think alot of skeptics have a strong ability and just use it against themselves and other and thats why shit dont work i was one of those til i realized

but all and all if its all bull shit then damn man we gota a shit ton of shared fake trips and stuff and that cant ever be taken away. bit of a rant i guess.

regardless i will keep teaching people to feel this energy and how to pass on vibes over distance without some receiving people being aware so they get hit with random trips and stuff of that sort.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #8322680 - 04/24/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I agree; ANYTHING can be used as a focusing tool.  I choose to use crystals because they're pretty.  I find cockroaches are less calming. 

:lol:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom