Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use
    #8102766 - 03/04/08 06:48 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I'll start off by giving you a little background information so you know how I got in this position with my parents. Last year I was living with a guy who was out on bail and supposed to be making payments every two weeks to his bondsman. Well he couldn't keep a steady job and couldn't pay his bondsman or the bills. The living situation got rough for a while no electricity or water for like a month and a half.

Well as a result of not paying his bondsman they sent bounty hunters after my roommate and I ended up helping him get away from them. We were at a bar leaving soon as we get in my jeep we get surrounded by bounty hunters. My roommate starts yelling "go go go get the fuck out of here!" So I pull out I was parallel parked so I eased out and took off. Well when I was pulling out my side view mirror caught a bounty hunter on the shoulder and knocked him over. We took off and went straight to Echo project from there.

After Echo Project I dropped my roommate off with a friend and turned myself in. They were trying to charge me with aggravated assault and aiding and embedding. They said they would drop it all if I helped them catch my roommate, so I strung them on giving them bogus information yeah he likes to hang out at this bar blah blah give them the name of some bullshit redneck bar ect.

Anyway after I turned myself in I moved back in with my parents. It looked better for all the shit I was in plus I had no money. I actually could have kept my job despite disappearing for week with them having no clue what happened to me, but I had unpaid bills a 2 bedroom apartment and no roommate anymore so I think the best choice was to go back to my parents temporarily.

Fast forward a couple months. They finally catch my old roommate after 2 or 3 months and who knows how much money they spent looking for him. They spent way more money trying to catch him than his bail was even worth. Well they said I was in the clear after they caught him. After Christmas I got back in school commuting an hour drive from my parents house. I kinda started doing my thing again smoking herbs and whatnot. I never really quit smoking pot, but had to slack up a lot living with the parents.

Well last friday I ended eating a bunch of tabs. When I finally got home like 3:30 am I ate some loracets and 2 xanax footballs and smoked some hash before crashing out. Last thing I remember is getting in bed with a freshly packed bowl of hash. I dunno if ate anymore xanax after that or not I'm bad about getting all bared out popping more drugs and forgetting about them or not reallize I don't need anymore cause I'm bared out. Anyway next day rolls by and I don't wake up til 6:30pm and walk out the room and my dad is holding my stash asking me what it was "I'm like 3 grams of hash and some xanax." He said when he couldn't get me to wake up he unlocked my door and came in my room to find me crashed out hardcore with my pill bottle full of drugs clenched tightly in my hand. So the parents got really pissed about that.

Well just a while ago they sit me down and start talking about it. Blah blah blah drugs are bad you are going no where if you stay on them. My dad was telling me I needed to get rid of all my friends cause apparently peer-pressure is the reason I do drugs. So I was like so your telling me all my friends are shitty people cause they do drugs. He said yes. So I said so your saying I'm a shitty person too because I do drugs. Blah blah more stuff like that. This one really pissed me off somehow the conversation about people shooting up and he was asking me why I think they shoot up. I said some people are just junkies not all drugs users are junkies and shoot up(I'm not necessarily saying people that shoot up are junkies that was just arguing with my dad). Anyway he tells me if you use drugs your a junky. If you smoke pot your a junky, if you snort coke your a junky, if you pop pills your a junky, if you smoke meth your a junky. I really wanted fucking bitch slap him or something for saying that but instead I said so your saying I'm a junky. It ended when he asked if I wanted to quit using drugs and I said yes at first then my mom was like are you just saying that to make your dad happy and I said yeah pretty much. My dad got pissed and said that was cold mumbled I don't know where I went wrong as he walked out the room.

So they want me to go to out-patient rehab and shit and are scheduling an appointment next week. Pretty much I don't want to quit don't want to go to rehab and don't think my drug use is a problem. I think I'm going to grab the few things I need and dip out tonight. I have like 4 job offers back in my college town and places to stay until I get a place and two potential roommates. The only thing is they are so sucked into the drugs are bad thing. They are going to freak out when I leave cause they really do believe in their minds that I'm killing myself and that I need serious help. My cousin just got out of rehab he was bad off on some really addictive drugs and it got out of control. So that doesn't give them a good impression of drugs at all. I just want to be able to leave without them building a search party for me. When I disappeared to echo project for a week they literally freaked out driving around everyday looking for me. I think they really care too much, and puts me in an awkward position with them.

Any advice is much appreciated.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: Gainer]
    #8102784 - 03/04/08 06:53 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Don't do drugz at your parents house :imslow:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: niteowl]
    #8102797 - 03/04/08 06:57 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Not really answer I was looking for, but definitely good advice.

--------------------
-Captain Murphy

-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
-Stormy

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: niteowl]
    #8102803 - 03/04/08 07:00 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

At this point you can't convince them, anything you say will be "the drugs talking."

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: Gainer]
    #8102807 - 03/04/08 07:01 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I applaud you for not writing his answer off as bullshit. It's gonna be hard, if not impossible, to get your parents to change their views. I think it's also a pretty fair concern when they have to unlock your door and find you passed out beyond being able to wake you up with a bottle of pills in your hand. I guess all I could say is try and get a job and be successful in school to show them that it's not a problem and you don't need rehab.

--------------------
!

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: jewunit]
    #8102818 - 03/04/08 07:04 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

That's what I learned in high school. If you're doing well your parents really can't say shit to you because you can show them the results. And in all fairness to your parents, you might know drugs don't affect you negatively, but based on the evidence what else could they suspect?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#8102824 - 03/04/08 07:05 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Expect your relationship w/your parents to continue to degrade unless you go to rehab like they want.

That is called "Suffering the consequences of your actions"

"Don't do the crime if you're not willing to do the time".

You fucked up and let your parents catch you in an almost overdosed state. You are gonna have to "do the time" in rehab to gain your parents trust back.

No way around that I'm afraid.

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #8102827 - 03/04/08 07:06 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Well, at least your parents are level-headed enough to want to sit down and discuss it with you. And since they don't share your cavalier attitude toward drugs then you'll never see eye-to-eye on the subject. They just may have a point thinking that you could use a little help. I've used drugs recreationally for most of my life and I have never had to make a statement about myself like this...
Quote:

Last thing I remember is getting in bed with a freshly packed bowl of hash. I dunno if ate anymore xanax after that or not I'm bad about getting all bared out popping more drugs and forgetting about them or not reallize I don't need anymore cause I'm bared out.

You may do yourself well to learn to moderate a bit or you could have problems in the future. And don't hate on your parents in this situation. It sounds like they just care about you. And when they found you so faded with drugs in your hand it probably was some cause for concern on their part.

In my opinion you should always respect your parents house and never bring drugs into it if they don't approve. Thats a policy I always lived by in my youth and I never ended up in a situation like yours.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8102836 - 03/04/08 07:08 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I had a similar problem...it really does suck. It bothers me because my parents didn't even really have a problem with drug use, its...illegal drug use. They are obsessed with the law, the law this the law that. Some people just need to die off before these things start being accepted...I really scares me how little my parents think for themselves. All about the law and the law is always right and never ask questions about the law. I hate that attitude...

My advice is to just hide your use and don't bring it up.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8102839 - 03/04/08 07:08 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

werd

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #8102854 - 03/04/08 07:12 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Gainer said:Well last friday I ended eating a bunch of tabs. When I finally got home like 3:30 am I ate some loracets and 2 xanax footballs and smoked some hash before crashing out. Last thing I remember is getting in bed with a freshly packed bowl of hash. I dunno if ate anymore xanax after that or not I'm bad about getting all bared out popping more drugs and forgetting about them or not reallize I don't need anymore cause I'm bared out. Anyway next day rolls by and I don't wake up til 6:30pm...

That's pretty irresponsible.

Quote:

...They are going to freak out when I leave cause they really do believe in their minds that I'm killing myself and that I need serious help.

I could see why they'd be scared of you killing yourself.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: Cowgold]
    #8102864 - 03/04/08 07:14 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

What the hell do you expect if they find you lying down with a handful of pills and shit? "Oh look, little Timmy almost had his first OD, how cute?"

--------------------

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

#8102890 - 03/04/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah for the most part I try to stay away from xanax cause I know it causes me to just want more xanax or more drugs, but I still indulge occasionally I really don't think I ate anymore xanax that night I think was just completely wore out from the tabs and being up for a long period of time but I really can't be sure cause my dad took them from me and it does kinda sound like I ate more not being able to wake me up, but thats usually how it is with me I go a long time without much sleep then crash out really hard :shrug: fucking xanax always getting me in trouble.

--------------------
-Captain Murphy

-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
-Stormy

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
    #8102906 - 03/04/08 07:22 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

sucks you got caught. but since your living under your parents roof you should respect their wishes. at least stop using at their house. i mean, they let you move in at your time of need, the least you can do is stop using for a while.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #8102923 - 03/04/08 07:25 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Not to sound like a dick or your parents, your use gets you in trouble.  If you don't have a setting to use, then don't get high.  Otherwise you're setting yourself up for a bunch of bullshit and possibly death. 

Hey, but... Do your thing.  :snowman:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #8102935 - 03/04/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

If I was in your shoes, I'd show them I can get clean and complete a class. Regain their trust. Then, move out and do what I want, responsibly.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some advice having problems with parents accepting drug use [Re: Cowgold]
    #8102947 - 03/04/08 07:29 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

If I was in your shoes, I'd show them I can get clean and complete a class. Regain their trust.

He will have to go to rehab to accomplish that my friend.

--------------------

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

#8102958 - 03/04/08 07:32 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

If you don't have a setting to use, then don't get high.

Damn if you aren't fucking right its like a fucking light bulb turned on I never really thought about it or took setting into that much consideration. I think thats one my problems.

--------------------
-Captain Murphy

-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
-Stormy

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #8102970 - 03/04/08 07:34 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I'd agree to a program like this.

Drug rehab outpatient programs are recommended for Drug addicted persons or Alcoholic that do not have a severe Addiction to drugs or alcohol. As opposed to Drug programs that are residential, the outpatient option is always a bigger risk as the individual returns to his own environment after his classes, meetings or counseling.

Links to types of Rehab

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#8102972 - 03/04/08 07:34 PM (16 years, 28 days ago)

You NEED rehab.....IMO

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom