Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleiBruiseBlue
Stranger

Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook?
    #8003114 - 02/09/08 11:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I plan on dosing two hits of (relatively) strong acid at noon tomorrow, and it's had me wondering, is it true that acid isn't LSD-25 anymore? Even Tim Leary once said that Owsley's acid was the last true LSD-25, and anyone who claims they've dropped acid since then has been misinformed. I know my shit isn't DOB or any of that other substituted amphetamine trash, but is it truly LSD?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBend the Bong
replace concrete with trees

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: iBruiseBlue]
    #8003133 - 02/09/08 11:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

bear never cultivated the ergot fungus..he purchased premade bulk lysergic acid in the raw...then used that to create lsd...

lsd25...the 25 means it was the 25th experiment that hoffman got what the psychoactive lsd compound...

you are getting lsd yes...but is it the best stuff?? well the chemist has to make it right...and even if he does..is he using the best of the ergot ect ect....and does he give the best of the batch to the pushers?? and are they cutting it? watering it down...see what I mean...hoffman was the last to make the real deal imo....he cultured the ergot fungus on his own making sure it was perfect for what he was using it for...which at the time was lsd

--------------------
Behind Closed Eyelids

Edited by Bend the Bong (02/09/08 11:25 PM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #8003135 - 02/09/08 11:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

what?
:toomuchacid:

--------------------

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
    #8003147 - 02/09/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i can see how acid could be watered down or light, but I don't see how any form of acid could be not pure/true. that makes no sense in my opinion. how can a molecule not be pure?

a molecule is a molecule, if it was missing an element, it wouldn't be that molecule, it would be something else.

InvisibleiBruiseBlue
Stranger

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: Bend the Bong]
    #8003152 - 02/09/08 11:28 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm aware of why Hoffman named it LSD-25, my question was simply this, does today's street blotter contain the exact compound that was accidentally ingested that fateful April afternoon?

OfflineBend the Bong
replace concrete with trees

#8003166 - 02/09/08 11:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iBruiseBlue said:
I'm aware of why Hoffman named it LSD-25, my question was simply this, does today's street blotter contain the exact compound that was accidentally ingested that fateful April afternoon?

erowid had an article about this...where someone had an old vial of delsyd*spelling*...which was 60 years old never opened...they tested it at that symposium they held in switzerland...and people were saying it was the same thing as the acid they have on the streets...

the question I have to ask is this....does 200 mics make you feel like you are on trippy crack?? cause thats what my first lsd experience felt like...is this subjective or compound...or both?? the other lsd experiences were more calm and nice...

did hoffman feel like he was on crack??

--------------------
Behind Closed Eyelids

Edited by Bend the Bong (02/09/08 11:36 PM)

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#8003171 - 02/09/08 11:35 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ummm...I got real LSD this past summer.

You will never be able to tell just by looking at your blotter or whatever it's on, but you should be able to tell based on what happens after you take the dose...

-you shouldn't taste much of anything when you take it
-before you even start hallucinating or seeing movement in your vision, you may notice that the first twenty minutes after dosing feels like hours.
-initial effects will be felt after the first 20-25 minutes
-you should start to trip out within the first hour (esp. w/ strong LSD)
-you should notice an effect of your peripheral vision bending backward somewhat...or it disappearing altogether..
-the peak is reached at about the 3-4 hour mark and lasts to the 8 hour mark. It is characterized by a sudden loss of ego and possible OBE's and NDE's..
the trip usually winds down after a good 12 hours, when you finally return to normalcy...

That's LSD. Any RC out there is slightly different..

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8003175 - 02/09/08 11:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iBruiseBlue said:

Yes, if your blotter contains real acid, it's LSD-25, d-lysergic diethylamide. Who's been feeding you what kind of pseudoscientific hogwash about Owsley being the last one ever to make it? What about the families? What about Pickard?

InvisibleiBruiseBlue
Stranger

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8003254 - 02/10/08 12:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I was just wondering why someone like Leary would make a statement like that. Just because I'm curious about the possibility that LSD-25 hasn't existed since the 1960's doesn't mean that I believe it. I have always thought my blotters and gels to be true LSD, but certainty is the first step towards being a fool.

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #8003391 - 02/10/08 01:18 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iBruiseBlue said:
I was just wondering why someone like Leary would make a statement like that. Just because I'm curious about the possibility that LSD-25 hasn't existed since the 1960's doesn't mean that I believe it. I have always thought my blotters and gels to be true LSD, but certainty is the first step towards being a fool.

I highly doubt he meant literally. Leary was probably speaking figuratively.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: MorphMan]
    #8003685 - 02/10/08 05:03 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

some people are talking that ALD-52 (not an RC) is the LSD-25 imposter, it is supposedly very simmilar but only 1/2 as active by measure, so that rather than 75mics LSD/blotter you may have 150mics ALD and never be the wiser.
would it matter?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineRaeven
Comfortably Numb
Male

Loc: The Land of Aus
Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8003741 - 02/10/08 06:29 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Doubt it, its well documented that ald-52 is highly unstable and will degrade into lsd after a short time, meaning you will need to consume it in a few days or it'll just be lsd-25. I'm also fairly sure theyre effects are very identical but ald-52 is said to be even more easier to handle then acid.

--------------------
"Now you lie alone
Your chance to stop and stare
God, I kiss your bones
And say it's not my fault

Say it's alright
When I'm coming down
Not again it's so lifelike"

Offlinejizmaster

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: appleorange]
    #8003862 - 02/10/08 08:23 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

a molecule is a molecule, if it was missing an element, it wouldn't be that molecule, it would be something else.

exactly, i was tempted to reply to another post saying basically this but it was a bit old so i didn't bother.

Bend the Bong, did Hoffman really cultivate ergot? Seems unlikely...

And he couldn't do anything to 'make sure it was perfect for what he was using it for...which at the time was lsd,' except grow it, extract the lysergamides and hydrolyse them to lysergic acid, which is lysergic acid however it's obtained.

Raeven, i'm not sure how unstable it would be, N-acetyl indoles apparently survive strong acid (nitric, trifluoroacetic) but are cleaved by strong base (hydroxide). It sounds like it could easily survive being on a piece of blotter for a few weeks and the journey to the brain. Unless the body has some enzyme that will cleave it...

Edit: N-Acetyl indole and several others can be purchased, it's not noted as being unstable.

Edited by jizmaster (02/10/08 08:31 AM)

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: jizmaster]
    #8003895 - 02/10/08 08:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Of course Leary would say Owsley was the last true LSD cook. You shouldn't listen to a thing Leary ever said he was completely full of shit.

Acid is acid. You can get bunk, you can get rc's but acid is and always will be acid, otherwise it wouldn't be acid.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #8003983 - 02/10/08 09:32 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
You shouldn't listen to a thing Leary ever said he was completely full of shit.

:thumbup:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #8004009 - 02/10/08 09:44 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The thing is about LSD synth is the enantiomers aren't psychoactive.

I'm not sure about the isomers either, but I'm pretty sure the only psychoactive compound is D-LSD, whereas when preparing the LSD you have D-isoLSD, L-isoLSD, D-LSD and L-LSD..

The purity of the product is affected greatly by the ability to remove/convert the unwanted isomers produced in the synthesis.

I don't doubt that there are a lot of brilliant 'cooks' out there.. it has been said many times that most second year chemists could make it.. :shrug:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #8004018 - 02/10/08 09:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
Of course Leary would say Owsley was the last true LSD cook.  You shouldn't listen to a thing Leary ever said he was completely full of shit.

Acid is acid.  You can get bunk, you can get rc's but acid is and always will be acid, otherwise it wouldn't be acid.

true that. in high school i had a friend who's next door neighbor was cool as fuck and smoked us out all the time,  he was in his late 40s.he used to talk about all the acid he got in the 70s and how it completely sent him to another world and he insisted the stuff we get nowadays isn't real acid. he had tried some bunk shit from some teenagers in the neighborhood and was convinced acid isnt real anymore. when i saw him last year i told him that i could get him real acid, that i had tried it myself, and these gels were very real. he said he didn't want it,  and insisted that it couldnt possibly be real.  :shrug: i don't understand why people would pass up the chance for some real lucy just because of a stupid preconception about today's acid. ithe hits may not be as strong of a dose, but the chemical is the same LSD-25 that was around in the 60s, and 70s .

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (02/10/08 10:05 AM)

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8004038 - 02/10/08 10:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
You shouldn't listen to a thing Leary ever said he was completely full of shit.

:thumbup:

Leary was a good guy.. but unfortunately he possed a quality not suitable for the position he elevated himself to. His major problem was that he was a media darling.. If you actually read anything Leary wrote its not 'full of shit'.. its just another mans interpretation of the psychedelic experience. He is somewhat pretentious is his literature, and in places you do have to read between the lines, but in general he was a good guy.

As I said before.. the only place I can fault him is his tendancy to be a media hound. :shrug:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: MorphMan]
    #8004126 - 02/10/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MorphMan said:
Quote:

iBruiseBlue said:

as always....

indeed im sure he ment bear was the last one to make "real" meaning up to his standards, lsd-25

and im sure he just used the full name to sound like the smart doc he is

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Was Owsley the Last True LSD-25 Cook? [Re: notapillow]
    #8004155 - 02/10/08 10:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
Quote:

MorphMan said:

as always....

indeed im sure he ment bear was the last one to make "real" meaning up to his standards, lsd-25

This is simply not true. Leary apparently went around telling people that no more real LSD exists, it's all strychnine and speed and crap (which is obviously horseshit).

Just watch the Bill Maher episode Learyfan just posted. Bill Maher makes a douche of himself insisting that real LSD isn't around anymore (because Leary told him so), while three of his four guests call bullshit, having personally taken real LSD more recently than the '60s.

There are parts of his trip that are genuine, but mostly he was a egomaniac with a penchant for pseudoscience.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags